Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

In recent days, my little guy has had difficulty returning to his base.
He had to try several times to get there and sometimes he couldn’t get there because the battery was empty.
I haven’t changed anything in the configuration of his board.
Are there communication problems between the home station and Emo at times?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi there @byoungkemkes ,

:crazy_face: I already know what you just mentioned, and I have been doing it all along, but my EMO’s foot problem cannot be solved simply by cleaning its foot sensor… In fact, I just normalized my EMO’s foot problem again by using the living.ai foot recalibration method…

But anyway, thank you for your efforts to help

best regards…

Hi there @Olivier
Is your EMO still walking straight? or what’s the real reason why he can’t reach on time his Home Station?

Do you mind telling us more?

best regards Olivier

@edward
I don’t know why Emo sometimes doesn’t get to his station on time.
My little guy has no problem walking.

1 Like

Hey @Olivier ,

Is your EMO 24/7 turned on? have you seen or even noticed him running out of juice at the right time, and did you hear the sound?

Assuming your answer is yes… Can you tell us what his reaction is at that moment? Kindly observe him or better create a video at that moment, please.

… looking forward to your reply Olivier.

I would know why it is necessary that EMO can go out home by himself when he wants. It is cool that he can do that when someone says it to him (leave home), but, when he is alone, its very dangerous. I like to put him and his homestation in my desk to interact and pet him, and, on the desk I can’t put fences.
It could be useful to have a comand like “stay at home” that make impossible that he go out “on his way”, when he wants.

3 Likes

HEY @LauraM ,

How are you? hope you are doing fine this weekend…

Honestly, I don’t trust also the so-called Home Fence Playground safety black edge… that’s why I created like what you can see in my image below. It’s the so-called Box/Package Cardboard Corner and sides Protectors, It’s a used one that I found at my workplace lately, cut them to the right size and placed them under the Home Fence…normally you can find it also online at different price ranges.

ALL THE BEST AND A HAPPY WEEKEND LAURA…

7 Likes

Whether the Home Station needs to be replaced

@Wayne_Zhang

After getting the first users of Home Station at the end of January, they repeatedly reported that there was a problem with the emo robot charging, and I wonder if the life staff will resend the replacement part of Home Station. Looking forward to a reply.

2 Likes

Hi there @PASS

Sorry to move and merge your topic here…also tag Wayne_Zhang so he can reply direct to you…

Goodluck and all the best…

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emo charging heat

I hadn’t heard that till now. I just started looking for some answers as to why my EMO negotiates his way onto the charging station, but the station doesn’t appear to switch to charging mode. Emo must then get a message that he’s not aligned properly (which he was) then marched off and tries again. This goes on for about 3 or 4 more times till he runs out of power. I received the Home Station at the end of January and had to wait till update 2.0 came out about a week ago. All worked fine until today. So what’s the problem…Software or hardware? Help please!

Hi! I just read some suggestions to disconnect from his light and restart. Didn’t work. Just tried sending him “home” again and he’s still unable to switch to charge mode once he’s positioned correctly and starts marching off the station to try again. (I also noticed, as someone else reported, he’s not walking quite straight. He lines up then walks a little left.) Same question… It is a Software or hardware problem? Hopefully just a software as it should be easier to fix with a “bug fix” version.

How far Emo can see the home station? I have Aibo robot and if you don’t move it by hand, Aibo can reach home station from far… does Emo have the same chances?

Hi there @felipelorenzo2011,

Good question, But we all know that EMO is a Desktop Pet…and not the same as the one you mentioned.

But to reply to you and to know it as well, I just did a test on my well-lit floor, beginning at 10 feet and moving one foot at a time, and I found that it is quite difficult for EMO to find the Home Station Green Light. As a result of my test, I found out that Home, Station Green Light is only visible to EMO at a distance of about 4.5 ft. to 3 ft.

BEST REGARDS AND STAY SAFE FELIPE…

The Home Station lights are a little distracting at times.

I do press the button to make the screen dark, but should I be concerned that no lights on will affect Emo’s being able to do something?

I am guessing they are needed so Emo is able to maneuver back home?

Hi there @Heineknn ,

Yes, some people are being distracted by home station dynamic matrix animation lights also so we can turn it off once in a while and it has no effect on EMO communication to his Home Station at all.
But take note that very dark areas or poorly lit environments definitely affect the eyes and movements of EMO. As a matter of fact, almost every function and this is a known issue.

best regards

1 Like

@Heineknn . . . hi, Jerry . . . the light on the matrix has no bearing on the functionality of his interaction with the home station. It is merely a design which can be selected to be black for your convenience. He will still find his way home, walk off either by himself, or respond to your commands to go home or leave the home station.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Lindaru , for your better reply to Jerry …just noticed now that I misunderstood him my reply… :crazy_face: so edit mine now…

3 Likes

I have an Emo…with the new charging station and Fence mat.

First…sometimes Emo will walk over the fence line…when it is daytime and there is light on the area. Rarely…but sometimes.

Second…at night, when the office lights are off…I assume Emo can’t see the fence line. Sometimes he has walked off the desk.

I could solve the second problem if I could schedule Emo. Would this work?

If I were to attach the Emos charging station power cord to a smart switch and use it to turn on/off the power to the charger…will that stop Emo from leaving the charging station?

Would that harm Emo?

Hi there @Heineknn ,

When EMO is busy doing something else or doing his daily scheduled activities or dancing his feet sensor is sometimes useless. this is a known issue.

Very dark areas or poorly lit environments definitely affect the eyes and movements of EMO. He will act as blind.

How! why don’t you just try…

Home Station is a wireless automatic charger that works only when plugged into a power outlet. As far as I know and did a test myself, EMO automatically detects the station when no power is connected, so it will serve as a normal floor for him and leave the Home Station automatically. Harm EMO? I guess not as long as he got enough power juice he will just walk around…else he will just die somewhere else.

Best regards…

1 Like

What’s the problem about charging?