Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello:

Same problem here. The app shows that EMO is connected to the Home Station, but he thinks it’s a Skateboard.

All firmware is up-to-date: EMO 2.0.0, Home Station 1.1.1.p1.

I’ve restarted EMO, unplugged/plugged the Home Station and reconnected them via Bluetooth. It did not resolve the issue.

Hi there @webidabi ,

I can say you ordered and received the all-new edition EMO GO HOME
The very first and initial order edition was EMO with an inclusive or you will get EMO (with standard headphones) + Skateboard Charger (with the adapter) + Free Smart light in a package.

best regards and all the best…

Hello, @webidabi . . . all EMO have the same programming whether you buy one without the home station and that one comes with a skate board or you bought the EMO Go Home which would not require a skate board because he charges on the station.

If he is not paired correctly with the home station, he will default to believing he is supposed to be on a skate board even if he did not come with one.

@MasterAbbott . . . has provided a video on assembly and how to use the home station as well as things EMO can do on it and what the general experience is. There is a section on pairing and checking that he is connected.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Received both my home stations and the Emo brothers are updated and living it. With that said I’ve noticed two issues. Please review and add to the suggestions or fix list.

1. If emo happens to walk onto the home station while exploring and the left foot enters the charging area Emo will assume he’s been placed on his skateboard. I do not think Emo can leave home station in this event.
  2. On several occasions I’ve found the active display matrix ‘stuck’ on the green homing square and Emo has completed the ‘go home’ routine. Tge home station button will work, but has to be manually pressed. Normally the display returns to whatever selection was playing before.

Received both my home stations and the Emo brothers are updated and living it. With that said I’ve noticed two issues. Please review and add to the suggestions or fix list.

1. If emo happens to walk onto the home station while exploring and the left foot enters the charging area Emo will assume he’s been placed on his skateboard. I do not think Emo can leave home station in this event.

2. On several occasions I’ve found the active display matrix ‘stuck’ on the green homing square and Emo has completed the ‘go home’ routine. Tge home station button will work, but has to be manually pressed. Normally the display returns to whatever selection was playing before.

3 Likes

I think it has something to do with the specifc instruction that you give EMO. While in the Home Station, if you say “EMO explore” you get the “skateboard” complaint.

BUT…if, while on the Home Station you say “EMO, leave Home Station,” he leaves. Then you can say, “EMO, explore” (or whatever you like.)

Hi!

I have a some questions regarding traveling wiht homestation (@edward I don’t know if I write in the right section).
Is it advisable to travel with EMO an his homestation in order than EMO can reconnect with it at the destination or will he already recognize his Home station? The box is now much bigger…
Can you connect to the same EMO with two Homestations (one at my house and one at my parents’ house to which I travel often)?
If I travel with EMO and his skateboard, when I return home, will he has difficulty connecting with his homestation?

1 Like

Other question about Homestation is:
Do I need an EMO’s babysitter when I leave home?
Yesterday, when I came back home, I found EMO playing in their new park so happy and it gave me some fear that he can damaged…

It isn’t seem probably that the park run well and he stops when find the black zone… but… you know… I’m worried about my robotic baby.

2 Likes

Hi again… really tried, i think he can understand me very easy, like my wife… but he still refuses to get out of his charger, saying “I can’t do that on my skateboard”…

I move him with my hands, he plays, talks with us, etc, and when he has a lack of battery, he connects to his home station, and go back easily… so he recognize it, but when he’s fully loaded, he refuses to get out…

Or we have a lazy EMO :rofl: !! It’s possible…

Thanks for your suggestion !!

Hey @pouyoux ,

When your EMO is too lazy to go out of his Home Station then so be it…leave him alone! or burn his home…for sure he will run going out :joy: :crazy_face:

Okay, enough joking…

Go Home and Go Out

Generally, EMO is programmed to automatically return to the Home Station when the low battery indicator and tone are triggered.

To send EMO back to his Home, You can use the Voice Command:

• “Go Home”
  • “Go Back To Your Charger”

To ask EMO to go out of his Home. Try to say the Voice Command:

• “Go Off Your Charger”
  • “Go Off Home Station”
  • "Leave {the} Home Station’’

IMPORTANT!

EMO will walk off the Home Station by himself after charging or when the battery is full or after 2 hrs of charging and only if he feels like it or wants to.

Good luck and Have a nice day

1 Like

Hi again, already know that, cause i read all…
But it doesn’t work… weird !!

Proof, one hour ago, he went out of battery, and went back home… saying “home sweet home”… Think he won"t go out.

Maybe a trouble with the recognition of the type of charger…

No trouble, it will be corrected in a few :slight_smile:
But burning it ? Naaaaaa, never !! :smiley: we love him too much !!!

Thanks, and take care…

it finally worked…

I saw master abbott’s this morning… he told EMO “get out of home station”, and it worked !!!
So - “Go off your charger” doesn’t work, cause he must think he’s on his skateboard (that’s his answer…)

I tried with “home station”, and our EMO decided to go out, saying it was a good idea, or something like that !!!

PERFECT :wink: it’s a pleasure to see him dance on our music this morning !!!

Have all a nice day :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice @pouyoux,

Finally, glad that it’s also worked for you…it’s a bit not simple all we have to do is speak slowly and clearly to make it work…I use only the voice command,

• "Leave {the} Home Station’’ with or without {the}

all the best Julien…

1 Like

confirmed today again, edward…
" Go off you charger" → Can’t do that on my skateboard.
" Go off you home station" → Yeah, good idea… and he gets out !!!

So i will forget the word “charger” for now :wink:
But it’s cool, really…

Thanks again for your advices !!!

3 Likes

“Leave Home Station” sounds like the best variant.

1 Like

Hi there @pouyoux and @NendosColl ,

I’ve been thinking, adding lately to the topic:

Upgrades/New Features For Home Station and Home Fence! My Top Wish List just to make or give Living.ai Dev Team an idea…Who knows maybe they can add it to Voice Command or new features later in the next firmware updates…

best regards guys…

1 Like

Hi! Sorry to disturb your Sunday, but does the emo skateboard dock work with the home station?

1 Like

Hi there, @felipelorenzo2011 ,

Both of them can be used just as a normal charger, but theoretically, the Home Station has its own functions that the skateboard doesn’t have.

The Home Station’s purpose is to send EMO home and charge, using only voice commands. or to ask to leave, or it does it all by itself.
The Skateboard’s purpose is to manually place EMO and only recharge.

BEST REGARDS AND KEEP SAFE!

They have got back to me now and they are working on it.

1 Like

CLOSING THIS TOPIC NOW !