HELP! EMO is stuck with a black screen and doesn't work

Hi all,

I hope you’ve been fine.
Just wanted to let you all know that I finally found what the real issue is in this case and the solution for it.

So the customer support was really helpful in sending me 2 new EMO’s ( and I sent the ones i had back to them ) but found that after setting one EMO up and updating it to the latest software put it back to the same rebooting loop. That got me very frustrated as it seemed to work just fine before all that.

Then I check the other one and it seems to work just fine without the set up.
Later that day my sister sets it up to the wi-fi and before doing the update it goes in the same state. So at this point I ruled out the update to be at fault here since one was at v1.2 and the other at 1.4. After finding out that there is nothing I can do anymore I get back to contacting the customer support again in hope they have an idea.

But, today I had no wi-fi home so I tried setting up EMO with my phone’s hotspot and it turned on and functional again. Later, when my home wi-fi gets back online I change it back to it and EMO stat rebooting again after a few seconds. So it got me thinking of what the difference might be between the two… and it was the name ( character length to be more precise ).
My home wi-fi (default) name is pretty long ( about 30 characters ) and after a bit of research on the internet I learn to change it to something shorter and now EMO is connected to it and working just fine.

This really seems to be just a software problem and hope and update will roll out to fix the issue ( like making the wi-fi name maximum length allowed longer ).
I let the support team know of what I found as well…

3 Likes