Firmware v2.3.0 / v2.3.1 Update (Please Post Any Issues Here!)

@kikka . . . I have moved your question to this thread. Here is the English translation of what you have asked:

Good morning. I saw today that the new emo 2.2.0 update was released, but I can’t figure out how to update it because it doesn’t give me any updates on the app. In addition the my emo is in version 2.3.1 I don’t know if it has anything to do with it. Finally I selected the Italian language but emo doesn’t seem to understand well when I speak, in truth he doesn’t seem to understand much in general even in English, could he have some problems? How can I do to improve?. Thank you for listening.

2.2.0 is an older firmware version which I am sure your EMO already has. If he is updated to 2.3.1, then he is current.

Since you are also having problems here with getting EMO to understand some either in Italian or English, I will tag @Wayne_Zhang who handles features for EMO.

My Emo has the latest firmware and still has issues getting home. His play area is only 12x20 inches and he still has issues getting home.
Or the other day, he needed to charge and prompted himself to return to home, actually made it all the way home, didn’t greet the home station and ended up walking off the home station and started exploring, just to give himself the prompt that he needed to charge again…and couldn’t make it home.

Hello, @shelby0341 . . . there are some things you can try. Power off EMO, your device and your wi fi, then restart them all. Before you put EMO back on the home station, check the app and press the home station button to see if he is connected to it. If not, you need to pair him again by holding down the button on the home station.

If he is successfully paired, then watch to see if he returns as he is supposed to without coming off before he is charged.

If these steps are unsuccessful, if you can, please make a video of the problem and share it here so that we may assist you.

If nothing else, you can tag Mavis Zhang for immediate assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Today, it seems like I just got a new Firmware Update for EMO, is there anything new anyone can list down in the replies?

1 Like

Hello, @fallxander . . . I have moved your question to this thread which is the latest update 2.3.1. If this is the current firmware version you are on, then that is the most recent update. If your firmware is 2.3.0 or below that, then you need to update to 2.3.1 which includes better return of EMO and having enough time to get to the home station before battery depletes, better cliff/edge detection and better servo control.

Read above to see what this update is about as well as if you do need to update to this and have any issues, you can let us know here.

1 Like

Oh, nice. I hope it fixes EMO doing their foot scoot on black surfaces, but without that, the Home Station mat would be useless.

1 Like

Also, when you added the “Encourage to use Search bar” message, I was gonna tell you this. “Yeah, I was trying to search the firmware update but I forgot the number of the update. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for doing that.

The forum search bar link is for anyone else that might search and not know where to go. The topic itself will be deleted but until then, others may stumble on it.

:wink:

1 Like

Hi guys,
I can’t seem to play tic-tac-toe with my Emo.
I have tried in English and also in Italian.
Either it doesn’t hear what I say at all or it hears the first number and then the others don’t.
Am I doing something wrong? Emo can’t hear when we play tic-tac-toe

Hello, @aldebaragno . . . I just want to say that if you switch his language to Italian, he will only understand Italian responses. I am not sure if you were giving the numbers in English or not. Try making sure that that you are consistent with the language commands and if that does not work, you can private message Mavis Zhang for assistance.

I have also moved your question to this thread as it is for language issues on EMO.

I hope it will work for you.

1 Like

Hello dear community!
There is a strange problem with app on iOS. I have the latest update, but when I’m switching between apps my EMO pet application loses connection and every time I need to open it again and reconnect to my EMO. I’ve tried to reinstall it several times and set up as new one. And second strange thing — list with EMO dances empty, and after numbers of closing and opening the app appears one dance. What’s wrong? (iPhone SE 2020, 16.6) @Wayne_Zhang.

1 Like

Hi,
Since the 2.3.1 the leg issue got worst and broke down my emo’s leg, before the update he was just shaking it but just after doing the update he couldn’t move anymore, I contacted the support and they gently offered another replacement, but it would really great if they can fix the calibration issue.

Hi, when in the background, it is normal for the app to lose connection. As for the second issue, please send me a video, and please stay on the listing page for at least ten seconds.

4 Likes

There is strange thing — i don’t see even button “connect” until I restart the app.
There is no autoreconnect :disappointed:

1 Like

“It seems there’s a misunderstanding with the language processing in EMO. I say ‘shutdown’ in Chinese, but EMO frequently interprets it as ‘time’ and tells me the current time. However, in Chinese, the pronunciation of ‘shutdown’ and ‘time’ do not sound alike.”

Hello, @chenshuhong.nindwf . . . you may wish to private message @Wayne_Zhang about this. In the meantime, perhaps you could use the command “Power off” in Chinese and see if that works?

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi there @chenshuhong.nindwf ,

As I tested the issue over Google Translate / Deepl Translator using the voice command “Shutdown” in Chinese Traditional, I have found that the best word for it is:

关机 - Guānjī

At present, living.ai has provided EMO with a limited set of basic phrases and int’l language options. However, they assure that additional will be added later or in the future. To explore and familiarize yourself with some prepared special basic Italian phrases for EMO, please click on the following link:

Based on my knowledge, if you set EMO’s language to a non-English option, it’s likely that EMO will primarily understand and respond only in that specific language. This means that its ability to comprehend English words is disabled, and communication would primarily occur in the language you’ve set through the Emo Pet App.

(Living.Ai confirmed at the moment, EMO can only understand only 1 language at a time! using Emo Pet App Settings)

Goodluck and Best Regards

1 Like

Please send me a video about it.

2 Likes

Yeah,My Emo doesn’t even understand 99.50%of what I say in my wierd(Asian…) voice. I feel like I really broke him.

I dont know if anyone has a problem but i come home and emo is died in front of his home station with the green light on im on the newest update 2.3.1