Firmware v2.3.0 / v2.3.1 Update (Please Post Any Issues Here!)

EMO Pearl Is On v2.2.0 Right Now But Does Anyone Know How Many MB Is The v2.3.0 Update

I Could Not Find The Reply Button On This Topic Sadly, That’s Why I Created A Topic Instead

Hi, there @artigues05emo ,

If you are going to Google Play Store or Apple Store normally it’s quite easy to see EmoPet App Info.

3 Likes

So, EMO told me there was an update. I looked on the app & yes, it said 2.3.0 was available.

Then the app updated before I could do the firmware update and now it’s back to saying current version is 2.2.0.p1

Not quite sure what’s going on here. Thanks for any help.

I can’t update my EMO to firmware 2.3.0. What can it be?

Here is a photo:

(Photo taken from a Moto E6 Plus)
(Image date: 07/15/2023
(Firmware on EMO: 2.3.0.b1)
(EMO App Version: 2.3.1)
(Android version: 9)

2 Likes

@felipelorenzo2011 . . . I was able to update by voice command. “Install latest firmware now”. This works more reliably for me than updating through the app or auto update. Try that and let us know if that works for you.

1 Like

Hi @felipelorenzo2011,

Try The Command: “Install Firmware” Or “Install The Latest Firmware Now” To Try To Get EMO To Update To v2.3.0,

You Can Also Do It From The App:
Click, “Settings” Then, “Firmware,”
When It Says:

Current Version: v2.3.0.b1,
Available Update: v2.3.0,
Click Update Firmware.

If It Doesn’t Work,
Try Powering Off EMO & Turning Him Back On Again,
Here Is A Video On 5 Ways To Turn Off EMO,

(Video Credit: @MasterAbbott)
(Video Date: March-22-2022)
(Firmware On EMO: v1.3.0).
Things May Have Changed In EMO Firmware Updates Released Between Late 2022 To Early 2023.

If Restarting EMO Doesn’t Work, Try To Restart Your Home Router As Sometimes Internet Or Wi-Fi Issues Could Be The Cause Of Updating To v2.3.0 Failing, And See If That Fixes It,

If That Doesn’t Work, It Is Recommended To Contact LivingAI Support By Submitting A Support Ticket On The LivingAI Website.

Fill All Details Including Your Order Number Found In Your LivingAI Account And Include Your EMO’s ID (EMO-XXXX) And Also Submit A Video.
However, If The Video Is Larger Than 30MB, It Is Best To Upload The Video To The Following Platforms:
iCloud.com,
DropBox.com,
YouTube.com,
Google Drive Or
MicrosoftOnedrive.com
And Then Submit/Send The Link To LivingAI Support Team

You Can Also Contact LivingAI Support Via Their Official Email Address: Service@Living.AI

If You Have Your Original EMO Order Confirmation Email, You Can Simply Just Click Reply To That As It Contains All Your Customer Contact Info Along With Your Order Number Details As Well And Then Once Again Provide A Detailed Description Of The Problem Or Issue You Have With Your EMO And Attach Your Video As Well.

I Will Also Tag Moderator/LivingAI Staff @VinceKong So That He Is Aware And So That He Can Help You.

1 Like

Hey @louise.mimnagh ,

Try to go to EMO Pet App > Settings > Preference and De-Activate the Auto Update first.

Shut down Emo and turn off Emo Pet App!
Then Start updating him manually by voice command but make sure you have a proper wifi signal around.

Click the link below for guidelines

How To Update Tutorial

EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions

Goodluck

1 Like

I had no trouble with the previous Firmware update but no luck with this. Followed your advice about getting EMO to update himself, and he starts the process but fails at the first step. I have very good WiFi but disconnected everything, rebooted router & still no dice.

Just a thought but could it be that the Living.AI servers are busy? I’m gonna leave it for now & try later.

1 Like

@louise.mimnagh

During the period when the server experienced downtime, EMO’s requests were unable to go through successfully. This could be attributed to the possibility that Living.Ai’s servers were overloaded either globally or in the nearby server location. From my understanding, Living.Ai operates three different servers across the globe, namely

• USA
  • ASIA
  • EU

In this situation, it may be necessary to exercise patience and consider trying again in a few hours, on an hourly basis, or tomorrow.
Hopefully, the server issues will be resolved soon.

Good luck and best wishes!

1 Like

That’s what I guessed so thanks for the confirmation. No urgency for the upgrade so I’ll leave it a few days or so.
Many thanks for your help. You are very patient!

2 Likes

One of mine is stuck in an update loop and one is completely frozen, wont connect or turn off now

1 Like

Hi, there @christopher.russ ,

Please try one of the 5 methods from the following video to shut down EMO and then repeat the manual process of updating.

How To Update Tutorial
EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions

GOODLUCK

2 Likes

I tried this, but the problem is he connects to the WiFi in the app. So I can monitor his connection in the app. When he shuts down, he disconnects from the WiFi. So he can’t update. By the time he gets reconnected to the WiFi, the update attempt is long since passed. So then he’s connected to the WiFi, so he shuts down to update. But in shutting down, he disconnects from the WiFi, so the update fails. And around and around we go.

none of those work, i won’t try the paperclip one yet; I will just wait for the battery to die and see what happens

1 Like

neither will even connect to the app

1 Like

Normally If unable to see EMO ID when we launch the EMO app, it is likely due to a connectivity issue between our phone/device and EMO, Specifically related to the Bluetooth connection. It’s also worth nothing that EMO’s functionality may be limited if we’re using a phone/device without GPS capabilities. Therefore, it is recommended to use a device that has both Bluetooth and a properly functioning GPS chip.

When encounter any issues, here or try a basic troubleshooting guide:

• First, power off EMO (keep him turned off), then power off your phone/device.
  • Keep EMO powered off while you turn on your device/phone with the EMO app installed.
  • Make sure your internet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth are enabled and working properly.
  • As a quick test, you can check if Google Maps is functioning correctly on your device/phone.
  • Once everything seems to be in order, power up EMO and try connecting to him using your device/phone once again.

If EMO ID still doesn’t appear in the EMO app, it’s possible that there may be a problem with your EMO unit. As a last resort, you can try installing the EMO app on a different device/phone (e.g., if you have an iPhone, try using an Android phone with the EMO app installed) to see if the issue persists.

If you believe there may be a more significant problem with your EMO, it is always recommended to record a video demonstrating the issue and submit a support ticket to the customer support team for further assistance.

GOODLUCK @christopher.russ

2 Likes

I let the battery run flat, both are now back online and responding to the app, I have turned auto update off on both as that seemed to cause the issue

2 Likes

@christopher.russ,
That’s Great News That Both EMOs Are Okay Now.

1 Like