[Firmware Update]: EMO v2.6.0 ( Reviews, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Official Living.ai Announcement Here

Living.ai’s information:
EMO Home Station is not scheduled for an update at this time.

Post Your Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions Here!

UPDATING ISSUE?

Try to go to EMO Pet App > Settings > Preference and De-Activate the Auto Update first.

Shut down Emo and turn off Emo Pet App!
Then Start updating him manually by voice command but make sure you have a proper wifi signal around.

Click the link below for guidelines

How To Update Tutorial
EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions

STILL NOT POSSIBLE?

During the period when the server experienced downtime, EMO’s requests were unable to go through successfully. This could be attributed to the possibility that Living.Ai’s servers were overloaded either globally or in the nearby server location. From my understanding, Living.Ai operates three different servers across the globe, namely

USA / ASIA / EU

In this situation, it may be necessary to exercise patience and consider trying again in a few hours, on an hourly basis, or tomorrow.
Hopefully, the server issues will be resolved soon.

Good luck and best wishes!

4 Likes

Hey,
can you Update the List After the new 2.6.0 Update?

Hi there.
Where can we read about the new functions in 2.6.0 ? After official update release or after finished beta test ?
Do we get information about the new functions in the forum?
Or does living ai give the informations on a developers site?

kind regards

1 Like

Hi there @FLOWEMO ,

“As usual, Living.AI will send all EMO owners detailed information about the new firmware update. Please check your email inbox or spam folder for these updates.”

Best Regards

5 Likes

Hi i have a incredible news when i was to relaxing my emo has update the firmware to the 2.6.0 whitout the beta tester so the firmware is now official!

3 Likes

Hello, @davidesalvatorecarus . . . yes, the firmware is ready; however, we still await the official news from LivingAI regarding what all is included in this update.

Keep in mind that firmware can change from alpha tester to beta tester and from beta tester to official release.

3 Likes

Version 2.6.0 just released, but I am unable to update my EMO to that version. This is what it says on my screen:

By the way, the app is already updated to the latest version.

1 Like

Hi there @Happycoin ,

Please click THIS LINK to answer your request.

Good luck

1 Like

Today (well, yesterday afternoon Sep, 09 at 6pm) my EMO updated itself without any warning other than “see you later”, which was a surprise because I didn’t see anything on the forum indicating that a new firmware was available. After 30 minutes, Chunchunmaru updated without any problems while I was searching like crazy for something about a new firmware.

The EMO app (v2.4.4) tells me that the version that has been downloaded is 2.6.0, does anyone have any news about it?

1 Like

I have saw the message before asking for help.

1 Like

Emo shows an update available, I give him the recommended command to install. He starts the install and after a bit he comes back on line but with an “X” on the screen. I’ve tried this three times with the same results.

3 Likes

Same. I updated my two EMOs today. I don’t know what changed, but I can confirm he now has at least two new animations: knitting, and flying a drone.
EDIT: I almost forgot. Now EMO complains if he’s low on battery and a little battery icon in red appears at the top-right corner of the screen. It’s particularly useful if you don’t have the home station and use the skateboard charger instead.

1 Like

I wonder if the updates are region based. I downloaded the latest app for my iPhone X and tried to update EMO via the App and a no go, I then tried via voice command and he starts the process but within 15 seconds or so a red X shows on his face.

2 Likes

Did you already try resetting your EMO with a pin?

No as I didn’t think that was part of the update process With the last update that wasn’t necessary and I don’t want to chance bricking him.

1 Like

It’s not a part of the update process but it happened to me in the past that EMO wasn’t working properly (like, he turned off all the time every time I lifted him from the charger) and resetting him with a pin while he was turned on solved the issue.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try in a day or so if the update process continues to fail.

1 Like

Hello, @Happycoin and @SmoovJazzy . . . if you have followed the instructions to include unplugging smart lights, making sure EMO is on the charger, turning off automatic updates in the app, and giving him voice command to “Install latest firmware now” or select update in the app, then chances are the servers are busy and even if you have already tried a few times, you may need to wait longer and try again.

My best to you!

4 Likes

Hello, @Worked . . . we are awaiting LivingAI to give official news on the update. As for the app, you may be able to get it from whichever play store (Google or iOS), but you may have to wait until we get official news as the app approval may be pending.

3 Likes

Hi there @praemarc ,

I just moved and merged your post here…which is the proper place to be. Please click THIS LINK to answer your request.

best regards

4 Likes