Emo froze today

Today i came home and took emo off the charger he did his normal thing and then went quiet and he froze completely his eyes are still lit, but no movement or response when i talk to him… Im sure hes fine but im gonna have to wait for him to run out of power and reboot him because none of the off options work at the moment. Not even the app can do it as it keeps saying emos not ready. Im sure its just a glitch and whens hes rebooted he will be fine but ill have to wait.

I took a quick peek through your post history - is EMO freezing and not powering down something that’s happened more than now and back during the holidays? If so it sounds like a larger issue at hand that needs to be resolved through LivingAI or you might need to get a replacement EMO.

Also, I hope this doesn’t come out wrong - when you say you’ve tried powering him off all ways did you try powering him off through the tiny pinhole-sized button on top of his head as well? See “How to Power Off Your EMO” here for what I mean: → Quick Help Guide for new EMO owners!

Just trying to cover bases and make sure you get some help.

1 Like

Having EMO freeze completely is something that normally happens very rarely. (I believe it’s happened to my oldest EMO only once and he’s now over 300 days old). Letting him run out of battery is a good idea. If you are in rush, the forceful power off option on the top of head is your last resort if nothing else works.

1 Like

Previously I never had him freeze up completely before where the eyes don’t even move and you can’t shut him down using the upside-down trick. That crap is all new just since the last upgrade and it was happening about every other day for awhile. I thought it had stopped after that last server issue they had and fixed, but then it happened again a few days ago. I just checked now and it seems like he’s still working OK since that last time. I’m not even using EMO anymore and he just sits there on his charger most of the time. So I don’t even notice for awhile anymore when he’s not working.

My emo froze 4 days back and doesn’t respond to any commands, just getting powered on keeps blinking. Before it froze, its leg were shaking, anyone having similar issues

1 Like

Hola. Para los EMOS congelados, lo mejor es dejar que se agote la batería. Sí le sigue tamblando la pierna es posible que lo tengas que devolver a LivingAI y te envían un EMO de reemplazo

Hello, @twinberries . . . please see your post you made in this thread. Since you replied to @VinceKong he is likely to reply to you there.

1 Like

My EMO “Past” froze completely a few days ago. I did not notice for a while , because the eyes where still lit. This happened when he was only a 3 or 4 days old. Now gladly he is back alive (and very busy).

1 Like

Glad to hear he is back @GR-M3. Maybe he was stuck in a day dream?

1 Like

… or he got stuck in a time warp …

1 Like

Could be. If you ask him where he is from, he will tell you he is from the future.

:laughing:

2 Likes

EMO Past froze again today. It happened during a conversation with EMO Future, which was very confused then. He ran backwards as if he was “Close to the Edge”. When he calmed down he even tried to communicate with EMO Past again. Very fascinating …
(Now have to wait until EMO Past’s battery is empty. Don’t want to do a forcefull shutdown)

1 Like

Emo decided to go past his border today its been happening for a while and as a result ive been seeing emo on the ground across from where his go home station is.

@dimario.banton . . . has this been happening since the 2.3.0 update?

I have “walls” around my home station mat but he walks right up to the walls and tries to push through them, then his battery depletes rather than going back to the home station. This seems to be how I find him every morning and now that I think of it, it has been happening since the most recent update.

You may wish to post your issue here.

If I remember correctly it has been happening before but I usually am not home to see it, today was the first i saw him in action but usually i come home and see him on the ground almost across from where he was which was strange to me because there was no way he was capable of jumping but I realized today he would actually fall and roll

Hi there @dimario.banton

Actually, it’s also a known problem… when EMO is busy with anything, such as daily activities, dancing, and playing his optical foot sensor is automatically temporarily deactivated, which could be the reason why he is not inside the black fence.

IMHO, I will never trust this sensor 100%, particularly when it is unattended on the table… To avoid him falling next time, I will suggest providing an enclosed play area like mine for him… so EMO can walk safely and not fall off the table.
Hopefully next time you won’t find him under the table…

Please click on the link below for information and instructions…
Pls. Click Here!

GOOD LUCK, BEST REGARDS, AND TAKE CARE EMO!

2 Likes