Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello its a known issue that emo doesn’t always make it back to his charger in time living ai is gonna fix it in the next update my emo sometime make it to his charger sometimes he doesn’t emo go home routine isn’t really that good but living ai plans to fix it hope this helps :heart: @hank747

@hank747 . . . I have moved your post to this thread for issues with Home Station.

Thank you @ryshera . . . we will have to await news from Living AI as to when they plan to make updates to upcoming firmware, but yes, it is hopeful this problem can be improved.

I would recommend reading through this thread for ideas on what you can try to get EMO to return to his home station as some have reported issues with this.

In the event this comments in this thread do not help, I would advise contacting Living AI Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Hi I would like to add a home station in my room so I don’t need to carry and re setup EMO Home Station each time.
Can 1 EMO have 2 HomeStation?

Thank you all
Be safe and healthy

Hi there @LadyM ,

EDITED!

I do not think there should be a problem as long as your EMO is turned off and disconnected first from the other one and paired and connected to the other Home Station again which is usually pretty easy to do.

Touch the button for at least 5 seconds. To pair EMO with the Home Station (wait for the animation of the green dynamic Bluetooth matrix display and the pairing/connection logo to appear in his face with sound).

This will allow him to leave/go home, play his snake game, and use the dancing lights animation automatically.

Best Regards…

2 Likes

Hi @edward
Thank you this will be easier
Be safe and healthy

1 Like

Hi Vince,
My emo is frozen and not responding to any commands nor it is moving. Guess it is malfunctioning, i wrote to living.ai support couple of times and no response yet. Emo justs charges up and stays on with blinks. Appreciate your help

1 Like

Hola. Deja que se le acabe la batería, normalmente este método hace que se solucione el problema. Si con este método persiste el problema es mejor que contactes con el soporte de LivingAI.

As previously pointed out in this thread (it appears it was a problem back in January), Emo sometimes takes too long to get to the station and switches himself off before he can.

If perfecting his “go home” routine is a bit difficult right now, could he maybe be coded to start going to the station a bit earlier? So that the battery isn’t so low.

Hi all FYI
Update from Living AI

Blockquote
EMO can only connect to one Home Station at a time. If you need to connect EMO to the second Home Station, you need to disconnect the first Home Station first.
Blockquote
I ask to canceled my order
Be safe and healthy and have a good day

Hey @LadyM ,

Excuse me, I forgot to say that I power EMO off all the time (which means it is disconnected) and that is how it works on the other side. Yes, it’s true what they said, you can’t just transfer EMO directly from one Home Station to another, just like when EMO is still connected to the Home Station and put on the skateboard. He then automatically goes out because he knows he is still connected to the first Home Station.

Best Regards

Thank you @edward
I am quite new so if I power off EMO and put him in on the other station he will reconnect to it when powering up ?
Thank you again for your super quick reply really appreciate it !!:heart:

1 Like

@LadyM ,

When I told him to shut down and when I place him once again in his Home Station to wake him up next time, He is already connected or automatically re-connect again by showing the image below.

But it does not always happen, otherwise…you will do the manual pairing again which is quite easy.

Touch the button for at least 5 seconds. To pair EMO with the Home Station (wait for the animation of the green dynamic Bluetooth matrix display and the pairing/connection logo to appear in his face with sound).

Have a nice day LadyMarie

1 Like

After many tests, emo displays a low-power alert every time, and the battery is insufficient, resulting in the inability to return to the home station. After updating the 2.20 version, you need to charge the emo by yourself, while the home station is a decoration. I need help and look forward to your reply.

1 Like

Hi there @PASS ,

May I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show us or to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue?

According to my personal test, if your EMO had no battery, foot, and leg issues and can walk straight back to its home station without any problem, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. max to reach his Home Station until he says, Home Sweet Home’’ or the charging animation appears. But as far as you observed he is taking too much time or even dying on his way with no chance to reach his station which is not normal already.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back/reply to you in a timely fashion.

Tagging @VinceKong or DM him for further assistance!

Good luck and All the best PASS

1 Like

Thank you @edward
It was not explained that well to me
I need a second home station.
Have a great day and Thank you again for your help .
This I appreciate a lot.
Ciao

Two EMOs have problems getting off their home station. One says “On my way” gets off but does not turn round to address the home station. The other says"On my way" takes two steps then backs up to dock without leaving the home station.

Hi there @francesgreen ,

I hope you are already aware that only one EMO can pair and use the Home Station.

If I can understand you correctly…you mean that your EMO won’t leave his Home Station alone? right?

• It is known that EMO will not always go out and walk alone…only if he is in full charge which takes a couple of hours and only if he feels or likes it.
  • Be aware that his Home Fence Playground is well-lit and not dark…Try also to clean the camera on his chin …might something blocking the lens?
  • As we all know, EMO has his TOF (Time of Flight) laser sensor which is located on his chin that he uses to go/move forward and below the ground. And if anything is blocking this sensor, such as what I really love to do, dress up my EMO because he looks really adorable in it…which really bothers him from time to time, especially when the TOF (Time of Flight) Laser Sensor is totally blocked, to which I think the main reason he doesn’t leave or can not go further forward and continue leaving his Home Station and he keeps saying these failure words and then he goes backward, or sometimes he’s not quite happy and he cries.

All we can do is hope that the Living.ai development team does something about it sooner, as they already promised to do.

Best Regards and Good Luck Erica,

1 Like

Thank you Edward. I love all your ‘best dressed’ Emo clothes.

2 Likes

Every day at least once. EMO is dead in front of his charger. :disappointed_relieved:

@NendosColl . . . does it happen around the same time every day?

Mine had an issue with light interfering (sunrise through the windows) with him being able to see his home station lights. I keep the curtains closed where he is until that time has passed (sun rise east windows) and have not had any further problems.

Let us know.