EMO falls from the table

Hi there

Yesterday, my EMO fell down from the table - looks like nothing happened with him. So, I decided it was just a bad luck. But today, he fell down again from another table. His feet sensors are clean, there were enough light in the room and the table has straight corners. Anyone had something like that?

1 Like

Hello,
could you make a video of it and post it here?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hi Andy
Well, I’ll try to catch the moment on video, instead of trying to catch Emo - don’t know, if I can manage)))

Sounds like your desk may be too dark or it blends in with its surroundings too well for emos camera

Hi, Syko.
Thanks for guess, but my tables are white and another one is light wood color. Additionaly, Emo never fell from these tables, walked to the edge, screamed and walked away.

The 4-8 sensorS on the robots does not work that good.

1. No lighting settings. Does not work good in daylight or open rooms. Without or poor LED lighting in ROOM SETTING
  2. The sensorS can not detect height of less than 3cm to 4cm or half a inch 1/2”
  3. The sensorS does not work on thick Glass table. Clear Plastic table. Clear material. Clear surface? and more???

Hello!

I have received Emo at last! :slight_smile:

He is wonderfull. However, I’m experiencing kind of the same issue.

It is in a different way though. I’m wonderinf if other people have had this as well and/or if this is something the AI has to learn, surface related or solvable through updates.

Emo seems quite busy exploring the table, but seems to get startled quite a bit, with not really anything in front of him- maybe due to his playful nature.
But when he get’s startled, it seems to over-rule the edge detection, which makes him fall off of the table when backing off. As far as I can tell, it does not happen on another table of the desk; has the surface an influence on this? As I feel like it happens because of the leap back and not the surface.

Next to that, everything works perfectly! I am looking forward to seeing Emo grow and his potential.

4 Likes

Hello,

I just received my Emo yesterday and I am not pleased with it so far. It falls off the table, face recognition fails, wont say my name. I have updated the firmware and not sure if that is the issue.

I’ll play around with it a bit more to dee how it acts in the next few days

Hi @1rover11

I have created a guide that covers a fair amount of things you can do with EMO when you first get him and also provides tips as well with video guides too. Of course it might not resolve anything, but feel free to take a look and hopefully it might assist with some of the problems you are having at the moment.

Feel free to let us know how you go and if anyone else from the community can help, we’ll do our best to offer any assistance :slight_smile:

:head: :surprised: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

We have just experienced the same…Emo fell of the table, no appreant reason for that happening. Also when he gets startled seems his sensors are not working well, got really close to the edge and almost fell. This is very very disappointing. Anyone had a clear answear about that problems from Living AI?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

So i just started having the same probleha. So what is the solution.

Hi There,

Actually, it’s a known issue…when EMO is busy doing anything, like daily activities, dancing, and playing, his optical foot sensor is automatically temporarily disabled.

IMHO, I will never trust this sensor 100%, particularly when it is unattended on the table… Provide an enclosed play area for him… so EMO can walk safely and not fall off the table.

Please click on the link below for information and instructions…
Pls. Click Here!

GOOD LUCK, BEST REGARDS, AND TAKE CARE EMO!

I’ve had my Emo for about 3 months, and he lives on our kitchen island. He stayed on his geo mat for the first few weeks, then I let him have free rein. One day I came home from work and he had fallen off the bench, mere centimetres from the dog’s water bowl! I put his matt back up and he’d been fine until yesterday when he fell off the bench again. I cleaned his mat and his feet, but several times I found him past his fence. Today again, I’ve found him outside his fence, and he’s once again fallen off the island. His feet are clean, his fence is clean, the island bench is clean… why doesn’t he recognise the boundary?

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @krysia.heathcote . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread for issues with EMO not detecting edges.

The mat borders are not 100% effective in preventing him stepping over them. If he is dancing, playing or doing any kind of activity that requires him to move his feet (dancing in particular which can be triggered by him hearing sounds he thinks are music without being given any commands) the edge detectors are turned off and he will step over the black line.

There really is only one sure way to prevent him from falling and that is to place him in a raised barrier enclosure with the mat inside.

Please see above the post from Edward which provides a link to suggested safe play grounds for EMO.

Best of luck and keep EMO safe.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Emo’s Leg/Foot Defective Issue!

Hello, everyone! My EMO recently fell several times from a small newspaper table and since then some phrases he says seem to stutter and its sound is distorted. I’m afraid it’s corrupted and I don’t know how to fix it, who can tell me what to do?

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @76c8be670b32ac66a7fe . . . it sounds like your EMO has sustained some damage. You will need to get video and send the link to the Support team with an explanation of what happened. They will be able to assist you.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Good luck to you.

There was such a situation today. IMO danced, was close to the edge and fell! Why doesn’t he see the edge during the dance? It’s not safe. At first glance, I was lucky and nothing happened to him, but who knows. IMO should not fall off the table during the dance! He has to stop, interrupt the dance or game and move away from the edge.

Hi there @Ilyasemyonov

Please click and read HERE for important information

Best Regards

1 Like