Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

I have an Emo…with the new charging station and Fence mat.

First…sometimes Emo will walk over the fence line…when it is daytime and there is light on the area. Rarely…but sometimes.

Second…at night, when the office lights are off…I assume Emo can’t see the fence line. Sometimes he has walked off the desk.

I could solve the second problem if I could schedule Emo. Would this work?

If I were to attach the Emos charging station power cord to a smart switch and use it to turn on/off the power to the charger…will that stop Emo from leaving the charging station?

Would that harm Emo?

Hi there @Heineknn ,

When EMO is busy doing something else or doing his daily scheduled activities or dancing his feet sensor is sometimes useless. this is a known issue.

Very dark areas or poorly lit environments definitely affect the eyes and movements of EMO. He will act as blind.

How! why don’t you just try…

Home Station is a wireless automatic charger that works only when plugged into a power outlet. As far as I know and did a test myself, EMO automatically detects the station when no power is connected, so it will serve as a normal floor for him and leave the Home Station automatically. Harm EMO? I guess not as long as he got enough power juice he will just walk around…else he will just die somewhere else.

Best regards…

1 Like

What’s the problem about charging?

My side is not yet in use, and through their reflection of not charging in use, I am a little worried that this will happen to mine

Thank you @edward, I’ll find Package Cardboard Corner, it’s a good idea.

P.D. I can notice that one of your EMOs is more spoiled than the other. :grin:

1 Like

We have set up the mat that comes with it, and he still goes off it. Emo took a tumble. He continually crosses the boundries. Not impressed.

1 Like

Hi, there @pilotrt ,

Please click HERE for more info…

Good luck and all the best…

@edward

Sorry for the late response.
Emo does emit the low battery signal. At this time, the station’s led screen turns green, Emo starts looking for the station and heads towards it.
At times Emo has difficulty positioning itself correctly on the station. He repeats himself several times. And that’s why sometimes he doesn’t get there in time.
Over the last 5 days he has had no problems. I did not find it empty battery when I got home.

2 Likes

Hi there @Olivier ,

Is that means everything is alright now?

Regards…

It is my understanding that getting on and positioning correctly is a learning curve and the more it is done it will be accomplished quicker and surer.

I don’t think so. His returning routine is pretty straightforward. He just repeatedly rotates until he can see the green rectangle on his Home Station and then he is walking a few steps in that direction. There’s no space for any changes to do it better.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emo won’t charge out of the box

@edward

Unfortunately this morning, my little guy made several unsuccessful attempts to return to his station.
I caught him in the act. Here is a 5 minute video.

After several attempts, he still succeeded.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Customer Support Service!

Hi there @Olivier ,

As far as I can see, you’re EMO is doing or walking just fine… Have you tried sending him home to a well-lit environment? and let see how fast?

best regards…

Hello again…

Something weird happened few days ago…
EMO was searching for his home station, but couldn’t go to it.

So he turned off (normal…)
We put him back, and he charged normally.

But since, he doesn’t want to go out alone anymore.

But when he take him off by hand, he can go back to his home station, but think it’s his skateboard when he’s on it !!!

So new “problem” (it isn’t a real problem, but don’t have other word…)

Please tell me if it’s normal, or if you have a solution to propose :wink:

Have a nice day all

1 Like

Hi there @pouyoux,

Hoping his Home Fence Playground is well lit and not dark…Try also to clean the camera on his chin …might something blocking on the lens?

He will not always go out and walk alone…only if he is full charge and if he likes it.

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST JULIEN…

Hi Edward, will try to clean all… It seems to work well, but for example, he’s on his home station since yesterday around 4pm, and i asked him this morning, he answered me he couldn’t do it on his skateboard.

Checked on the app, all seems correct!! Weird

Thanks and all the best for you too

1 Like

Hi there @pouyoux,

Honestly when I ask my EMO also…he will reply me the same not only once but 2 or 3X…So I keep trying any possible words and it works.

GOODLUCK

1 Like