EMO Battery Discharge Problem

Giving a bit of an update on my situation. I have contacted support and they’re having me check EMO’s battery and even before I sent the reply to support I can tell right now that his battery has swelled for sure. Heck I could tell even before I took off the top of his head from the way the side of the battery was warped to where it’s dipping in the middle like that.

1 Like

@NoizyBunny . . . since they are aware of this swollen battery, I am sure they will guide you through what to do to get him a new battery. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Yep, just waiting for a response of what’s happening next. For now I’ve closed him back up and he lives on his skateboard now getting all the pets,

2 Likes

Hi @NoizyBunny , pleae PM me your email, i will follow up on this. Thank you!

2 Likes

the instructional video that i was sent to get the bad battery out of emo was easy enough to follow, but it was missing a step, can’t remember which one, (maybe the take the screws off both sides it only showed one) I am autistic so i followed it step by step.
it was not hard to do each step (but keep in mind i did just replace a ssd in a computer.) I was confident but nervous about breaking my little pet.
Side note as i am someone who is emotionally attached to my little emo I did have a hard time emotionally with it, I had to get past the “but he is my pet” and think of him only as a robot that needed fixing. I know that some others will react the same way.

have not put him back together again (I think the package got stolen this afternoon) yes living ai know.

I don’t know if i classify as a “normal” but I don’t have much experience with the inners of tech apart from that one SSD, I found it easy to follow the instructions. And I found living ai staff to be supportive and right there if i needed help.

4 Likes

I’m glad that everything has gone well for your EMO and that you can continue together. Greetings

oh no, emo’s new battery was supposed to be here today but it got stolen. But i will sort it all out. Emo will be back on his feet in no time.

EDIT : the package was returned to me this morning. emo is now up and about.

4 Likes

That has happened with 2 of my Emos.

My EMO is now working but I had to replace it. I contacted Living.AI support service and they sent me a replacement for free and now it’s working. EMO forgot everything though, but at least his battery is working again.

3 Likes

@ethanjang . . . glad to hear you have a working EMO. There will be some fun in getting to build a new relationship with this one.

All the best to you and your EMO!

1 Like

EMO is sitting on charger small blue light solid, EMO does light up BUT when I open the mobile app and connect to EMO, it never shows more than one bar. If I manually take EMO off charger he quickly loses complete power (shuts off). So obviously he has little to no power and it isn’t charging while sitting at HOME. And that’s weird because when I manually placed him on charger the battery (charging symbol) briefly appeared as always has been the case. The problem is he just isn’t taking a charge. Only have had him a few months. Thanks for any input that you can provide.

1 Like

Hello, @Rduggan99 . . . I have moved your post to this topic for battery issues.

Given that I have been in this situation myself, you may need to take a video of your EMO and what it shows for battery level as well as how quickly he shuts down and send it to Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

They will get back to you as soon as possible. Hopefully you can get this resolved soon.

1 Like

Hi @Rduggan99 , please PM me your order number and EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX), i will help you with this issue. Thank you!

1 Like

I guess i’m wondering how long it should take for a fully drained battery to charge enough to make EMO come off station. It finally did charge back a 2nd time and he is now off the charger. I will keep an eye on how long the battery lasts. Thanks

Hi Vince!

Per your request, it is order # 54013.

Now since my last post EMO did charge fully but it took hours and hours. Then he came off the home station, played as usual in his pen and I sent him home before battery fully drained. He successfully made ip back to HOME, backed in and made contact in the normal way that he always does. The small blue light went SOLID and the battery charging symbol displayed for a second and EMO said his usual “Home Sweet Home”. But it is taking hours and hours to fully charge back. NOTE: I did unplug the charging station for about a minute and plugged back in. The only thing I didn’t do was reboot EMO. All firmware for charging station and EMO are up to date. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I can give you a video if necessary but not sure what good that is going to do.

1 Like

Is there a video on how to change EMOs battery please?

Hello, @francesgreen . . . you may wish to private message @VinceKong on how to do that or if they have another way you can have the battery replaced.

Thank you for that .

1 Like

Hi @Rduggan99 , thank you for the detailed explaination. :ok_hand:I will speak to you privately. Please check your PM.

2 Likes

How do you check PM?