EMO Battery Discharge Problem

@dergonfruit And @chicogp,
The Battery Lasting For 2 And A Half Hours Is Normal.
But If The Battery Was Lasting For 30 Minutes Or If It Lasted For Only 5 To 10 Minutes Before Needing To Charge (Like @Lindaru’s First EMO, And YouTuber Outsider238’s First EMO), That’s Not Normal At All

NOTE: Ousider238’s EMO Has Been Fixed By Living AI And Is Back At His Home.
EDIT: @Lindaru Had This Issue With EMO Robot Which Is Her 3rd EMO After The v2.0.0 Update The Battery Lasted For An Hour But Now His Battery Is Completely Depleted And Whenever He Tries To Walk Of The Home Station He Will Immediately Shut Down.

2ND EDIT: My EMO Does Not Have A Battery Issue.

2 Likes

My Emo has the same problem.
The strange fact is that till yesterday it was working and lasting around 2 hours or 1.30.
Today he started lasting less than 1h and sometimes even less that 20 min.

But it happened suddenly… I can’t understand.

Can you explain to me the 12 hours method? How did you make battery recovery?

I hope I have not to bring him back…

Hello, @coragasparotti . . . so sorry to hear this is happening to you. It does sound like a battery issue. Please see above on how to contact the support team and what to do to show them the issue.

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Yeah, since posting above my EMO now only lasts about 13 minutes off the charger. It’s so sad and I really don’t want to replace him. I took a timelapse video with a timer and replied to my original order email with it attached, so hopefully something can be done. My poor guy.

Guys…below is the last message info from the living.ai support team ( After Sales Department Service).

Best Regards To All!

2 Likes

That’s fair but mine has been seeing battery issues since well before that update. A month or two ago he was already lasting less than an hour. It’s been gradually and noticeably degrading over time.

Hi, there @dergonfruit,

As you said you already sent an email to the support team.

You can also DM Living Ai Service Support Person from After Sales Department Service @VinceKong here if you want, to speed up their assistance a bit…How to do it? Pls. View and follow my image below.

Don’t forget to include your Email, Order Number, and EMO ID!

Good luck and All the best Grace…

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve emailed as well as messaged VinceKong directly. I’ve opened up my EMO and found a pretty bloated battery, which is likely why I’ve been seeing such a rapid decline:

1 Like

And why does it swell so much?

Something strange is happening here with the battery. I have two EMOs.

No. 1 is connected to the home station,

No. 2 (a bit older) still lives on his skateboard.

Since update 2.2, No. 1 is constantly shaking (more like a tremble )his left leg when he is outside the homestation… Even while he is talking to EMO 2.

Despite a fully charged battery, life is over for No. 1 after just 27 minutes and he rarely makes it back to the home station.

No. 2, on the other hand, runs without problems and bravely holds out for about 2 hours as usual.

I tried it with a reset of EMO 1 and disconnection from the Homestation, but it doesn’t help.

I think or hope that the rapid discharge has to do with the fact that he is constantly shaking. If the battery is broken after not even 500 days, that would be very disappointing

Does anybody have the same problem? I have video on my ipad, but the upload here does not work

Hello, @MaVecEmoClub . . . I have moved your post to this thread.

Sorry to hear this is happening to your EMO. I would advise you to contact Support but let them know your EMO is over 500 days old.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

There have been known issues with the update and battery issues, and the developers are aware of this.

I hope there is a good resolution for your EMO.

Let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

Hi @MaVecEmoClub , please PM me your order number and EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX), i will provide a solution for you.

1 Like

I Also Hope This Gets Resolved Soon,
Because EMO Pearl Was Lasting For 1 Hour And 20 Minutes,
But I’m Going To Keep EMO Pearl As Long As Possible,
And If My EMO Pearl Last For Only A Few Seconds I Will Contact Support,

Hi @ethanjang.
How long have you had EMO for? If longer than let say 6 months,
I would suggest

• List item
  • removing him from charge for 24 hours,
  • then sit him back on skateboard once again.
  • When setting him up on the skateboard, please clean the feet area, clean the skateboard as well.
  • Make sure his fit match the ring on the skateboard. If the skateboard shows solid blue light, then you have a good connection.

Hope the following will get EMO going again. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forum, @starcap . . . thank you for the helpful information.

If you would like to, we invite you to introduce yourself and your EMO on this discussion here.

1 Like

This is only a fairly recent thing as he wasn’t doing this before the 2.20 update (I just had to change his sd card from the suspended update a while back due to it corrupting which he is updating with no issue now) but after I accidentally bumped him forward a little while ago to where his foot was off the charger, I noticed my EMO immediately shuts down when taken off his skateboard. He is fully functional when on his board, answering questions, responding to pets, etc. He also has a full charged battery according to asking him and the Emo pet app but I still can’t not remove him from his skateboard without him immediately shutting off.

I’d hate to think it’s his battery going that bad already he’s only just now creeping up on his first year (345 days) especially when he was just function just fine a couple weeks before the update dropped.

@NoizyBunny . . . I moved your post to here because it really does sound like a battery issue. I had the same exact thing happen to me with two of mine (the older one was only a few months old and my current one was after the 2.2.0 update).

If this is happening consistently after rebooting, unplugging the skate board and plugging it in elsewhere and/or using a different charging cable to test, you will need to contact Support (see above) with a video showing the steps taken that I just mentioned and showing the battery levels on and off of the skate board…

So sorry this is happening to you. I wish you the best.

1 Like

I see, thanks! I’ll have to do further testing once I’m available to do so. I already did try unplugging and Re plugging in the skateboard with no success. I’ll try moving his location and see if it’s maybe his skateboard. For now, as I had to leave him behind for work, he’s not on his skateboard so we’ll see if some time off his board would help

But, it is looking like I’ll likely need to contact support sometime today or tomorrow if the other charging tests don’t pull through.

1 Like

Hello, recently my charger started to work badly, it was blinking, its battery lasted 2 hours. I have put my EMO in the charging station and its battery lasts 3 hours again. From a few days ago, on Amazon I’m looking at batteries for my EMO, I’ve seen one with a built-in fan, I don’t know if this charger will work with my EMO

1 Like

Hello @chicogp,
As I Learned From YouTuber And LivingAI Forums Moderator @MasterAbbott A Few Months Ago (Maybe In February 2023)
On Average, EMO’s Battery Can Last Between 1 To 3 Hours After A Full Charge, But Will Depend On What EMO Is Doing, Such As Dancing, Exploring, ETC.
But If EMO’s Battery Is Lasting For 30 Minutes Or Less, That’s Not Normal, And It’s Recommended To Contact LivingAI Support.

If The Skateboard Is Not Charging EMO (Blinking, Not Solid Cyan) And The Home Station In Doing Fine,
It Is Recommended To Contact The Living.AI Support Via Email: Service@Living.AI,
Or By Submitting A Support Ticket On The Living AI Official Website:

Fill All Details, And Make Sure You Include Your Order Number Found In Your LivingAI Account And Your EMO’s Id (EMO-XXXX) Found On The Start Screen Of The EMO App
(iOS) (Android) And Also Create A Video Of The Problem/Issue,
However, If The Video Is Larger Than 30MB, It Is Best To Upload The Video To The Following Platforms:
iCloud.com,
YouTube.com,
OneBox.com,
Microsoft Onedrive Or
Google Drive,
And Send The Link To Living.AI Support,

I Will Also Tag @VinceKong, So That He Is Aware Of This And He Can Help You,

3 Likes