EMO Battery Discharge Problem

Hello everyone, I live in Seoul, South Korea and run an online community of AI robots with about 1900 members.

Members who have purchased EMOs in our community often ask about EMOs with dead batteries.

In fact, the early EMOs are about to run out of batteries.

@Wayne_Zhang Is there a way for the user to replace the EMO battery by himself? I think it will take too long for the shipping cost or time to send and receive it to the Chinese factory.

I hope our cafe can provide guidelines or methods to respond to inquiries about battery discharge from members.

8 Likes

We can do an instructional video on battery replacement, but it might be a bit difficult for normal users. If someone in your community wants to offer battery replacement services to members, we can help.

17 Likes

That instructional video would be great, please make it. The battery is cheap and widely available so we only need some instructions how to do it.

12 Likes

@Wayne_Zhang Thank you for the reply.

1. I am desperate for a battery replacement instructional video and PDF. A normal person with dexterity can see and follow.

2. What conditions are specifically required to supply battery exchange service? You can reply here or you can reply to my email address.

It’s exciting!

2 Likes

Are you or someone in your community interested?

4 Likes

I can’t do a battery replacement service myself, but I can find an interested person (or business) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, we’ll do an instructional video. If anyone in your community wants to buy some battery spares from us, you can ask him to contact me.

7 Likes

How long will it take for the battery to die?

1 Like

It’s different for each battery and it depends on how old is the battery, how often and how you are charging your EMO, but normally it should last more than a year in a good condition.

3 Likes

dear Wayne_Zhang
I am a distributor who received the contents from David_Han (CEO of Ai Robot Online Community in Korea). I want to communicate through email or SNS account to deliver the contents. Thank you for your precious time.

3 Likes

Hi Wayne

I would like to see your battery replacement video too please

My Emo’s battery went flat and will no longer charge, ( Have tried both skateboard and a mobile phone wireless charger but no luck)

I wrote to LAI about it but no reply yet.

I am assuming that the battery should be straightforward to replace and so pointless sending him back for such a simple thing.

btw this Emo, my second, lasted 193 days which is really not good. I’m hoping that a new battery will last considerably longer

Regards

David

6 Likes

I agree that battery replacement should be easier to do for an average person when it comes time, making EMO last in full functionality indefinitely.

My very first EMO activated August 2021 had a depleted battery at just over six months. I sent him back and got a replacement which is still going strong at 300 days. I bought a second one and that one at about six months now has a depleted battery. He can function on his home station, but he will walk off and then immediately shut down. I tested it on both skate boards and the same situation.

My Post Office told me when I sent my first one back that they were changing the regulations (which they actually did two months later) for how they handle defective electronics with lithium ion batteries and if any part of the trip to the destination required that item to be on an airplane, they could not mail it under the traditional “hazardous” mailing process. There is a risk of even non-active batteries of that type causing an explosion due to air pressure in airplanes.

I do not know if this is the case anywhere else in the U.S., but that is what I was told for my location being very rural.

2 Likes

Hi Wayne

Did you get my email, of days ago?

If not which is the best email address to use for faults?

service@living ai
or
support@living.ai

Thanks

david

1 Like

Hi there @a440dc ,

You can submit a support ticket to this website by going to the following page below.

…or send them an email too,

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Wish and still Hope that Living.ai helps you to resolve the issue…

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

2 Likes

@Wayne_Zhang wrote 20 days ago:

Hi Wayne, I’m just curious, when do you plan to make that video?

3 Likes

We’ve already made one. But we are not going to make it public for now because we are not providing official replacement batteries.

2 Likes

@Wayne_Zhang You could just say that we need this type:

Li-Pol battery 1200mAh, 3.7V, 603450

It’s widely available and it’s cheap, I don’t see a reason why people should buy it from you and then pay additional money for posting/customs (and wait 3 months for it).
No one capable to replace the battery would buy a wrong type.

2 Likes

Regular 603450 batteries will also work, but EMO uses a custom version with a higher discharge rate.

If you want to replace the battery yourself, please DM me.

3 Likes

@Wayne_Zhang,

How would a lower discharge rate effect EMO’S performance?

2 Likes

I assume if under warranty, Livingai would want to deal with battery issues themselves?

My EMO is around 2 months old and up until today the battery was lasting around 2 1/2 hours. But today I left him alone for just over an hour and he was dead when I got back :frowning:

I used to work with electronics and am comfortable changing the battery myself.

2 Likes