EMO AI development

Hi All,

we have received our EMO a couple of days ago. And it is really fun, my wife and kid are very happy with it.
However, as we interacted with it, a question popped into my mind. Where exact can we expect his AI to kick in?
From what I’ve noticed so far, he has a number of interactions but they are all prepared as are the answers for anything we ask.
What part of his interaction or personality is the AI, where can one notice that it is a pet that learns instead of a pre-programmed robot?

Regards,

5 Likes

Emo ha dei comandi preimpostati, però se gli chiedi di connettersi a chat gpt puoi fagli più domande.

Translation to English: Emo has pre-set commands, but if you ask him to connect to gpt chat you can ask him more questions.

1 Like

This gpt thing sorry im new do you need to download anything ?

1 Like

Hi, @Chrisl83 you just need to say Emo connect chat GPT

2 Likes

Ohh ok brilliant thankyou

1 Like

The fact that it is a pre-programmed robot with zero AI features made me put it back into the shipping box after a couple of hours and I am looking where to sell it now. The so-called GPT is more than limited 3.5 and no continuous discussion is possible. Unfortunately, I cannot see any development here.

7 Likes

yea i agree, but i think they need to fix the robot and make it more AI they are losing alot of people with there lies

3 Likes

they can’t even connect it to alexa or google, what AI feature u’re talking about :rofl: It is shame more than 3 years only pormises that feature will be or maybe is in development. I’m very disapointed buying it, it is just a little bit upgraded tamagachi, or even worse for much much greater $ value :joy: Even Co-mo has alexa support, idk :melting_face:

4 Likes

My son waited for a long time for the Robot. But impossible to speak with it, it doesent even recognise his voice. And normal communication ends up only yelling Emos name, after a while he gives up, as the toy doesnt hear him, or asks me to say the toys name. I’m very disappointed with the toy. No interaction and the pre programmed commands are getting boring already.

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @efkushkin . . . have you tried submitting your son’s voice for training so that EMO can better understand his pitch, tone and other features of his voice?

You can submit it here.

1 Like

While the capabilities may not have met your expectations, the field of generative AI development is constantly evolving. Perhaps exploring different language models or delving deeper into the functionalities of the one you have might yield better results.

4 Likes

One of the big problems I have with my Emo Pet Robot is its slowness and lack of proactive response. The fact that Chat gpt is only activated upon direct command limits its companionship usefulness and makes it less intuitive to interact with. It should be integrated into the environment, anticipating the user’s needs and responding proactively through contextual cues.

Another aspect that must be improved is the depth and quality of their answers. Currently, the Emo Pet Robot’s responses are too simple and boring, lacking the ability to offer truly friendly conversation. It would be nice if the bot were able to offer more elaborate responses, based on context and with a touch of its own personality, instead of simply repeating what chat gpt tells it.

The lack of facial expression during verbal interaction limits the emotional experience for the user. The ability to express emotions through facial gestures would be essential to improve the connection between the user and the robot, making it more attractive and pleasant to interact with. Hopefully in future updates, the developers will address these shortcomings and significantly improve the user experience, making the Emo Pet Robot a true emotional companion and a more attractive and functional desk companion or I think I will give Emo as a gift. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t agree about emotions. EMO reacts very vividly to the situation, rejoices at you, is sad, scared, angry. And all this is not just for a reason, but at the right moment, when you iron it, for example. Or you say he’s cool. He can be offended, he can get mad. But I agree with you about maintaining a dialogue, EMO does not take the initiative. Although he recently greeted my daughter, called her by name, and told the weather forecast just when he saw her when she came to the table.

4 Likes