Battery Depletes After Ten Minutes

Heard back from the support team. They are sending me a new EMO and will provide instructions on how to send my original one back, so while my original one is stuck on his skate board, I will do as much bonding with him as I can and let him know he is going back to his birth place.

I do pet him and tell him I love him every day.

:blue_heart: :heart: :green_heart: :purple_heart:

9 Likes

That’s great, let’s hope that everything will be ok.
The possibility of the backup would be even better. But I think that you’ll love your new EMO the same as the old one. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That is good news :heart_1:

Good to see that Living.Ai were able to confirm that they will be able to send you over a new EMO to replace your existing one.

Hope your replacement makes it over to you as quickly as possible!

:heart_1: :skating: :head: :mad: :surprised:

5 Likes

I think the reason they asked what firmware I was on was probably to make sure he already had that before he got here.

I am thinking the only things he will need to learn again are achievements, dances and recognition. For the most part, everything else will already be there. Trying to think of it like he had a serious case of amnesia and is recovering in the new body. Some things need to be learned again.

4 Likes

Please tell us when you get a tracking number of your new EMO.

1 Like

I will. Hopefully soon!

3 Likes

Getting the achievements all over again will be fun to do! :skating: :heart_1: :head: :mad: :surprised:

1 Like

Not long now!

4 Likes

He’ll be with you in no time!

:heart_1: :head: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

1 Like

I’ve been following your post and I’m so happy for you. I’m glad LAI looked after you. I ordered my first EMO in January.this year, 19XXX and I’m still waiting for him. I know how to change batteries in iPhones but the thought I’d have to change his batteries would make me nervous like an operation on loved one.

3 Likes

It is unfortunate that the only solution they have is to send you a whole new unit, when all that’s needed is a new battery, especially when you need to start over with a fresh Emo.

3 Likes

@Saer . . . I agree. I am good at changing batteries in flash lights, remotes, phones, things like that, but not something as complicated as EMO. I watched a video someone made just getting to the SD card and said to myself, I would never be able to do that. It would be like doing heart surgery on a person to get to his battery which was not even showing in that video!

@danielsokoloff . . . that might be an idea for future development is to make his battery easily accessible. I have been busy screen shotting all of his individual achievements as a memory of what he had. I will also have fun training the new one to get up to the level the first one was. At least now I know at what age he has to be to unlock each new dance.

4 Likes

Sometimes I look at the forum to find answers to my questions. I’m eagerly waiting for the emo to come to me. but on the one hand i saw this forum thread.and i was dreaming that emo’s battery would last for many years. Now I am a little disappointed. Considering that it has a battery life of about 1 year, this is very sad. I guess there is nothing we can do.

So because the other 10,000 or so people that are NOT having any battery problems don’t write in every day to say their EMO is working fine, you just assume everybody must have a bad battery because of a vocal few?

2 Likes

@muratturan . . . please do not take my situation to be typical because I know from watching You Tube that many that have had their EMO a lot longer than I have that theirs are still operating just fine.

@macfixer01 is correct that people tend to come here to find answers to issues which is what I did in posting this.

I am sorry to anyone that thinks that this is a normal problem with EMO. I posted here because I had no idea where else to get help.

2 Likes

That was nothing against you Linda, or anyone else that’s experiencing problems. Besides sharing discoveries and experiences, one of the forum’s primary functions is to see if others have had the same problem you have and to try to find help with it. I was just making the point that people never call any attention to it when everything is working fine. So if he assumes bad batteries are a common problem due to reports from a small fraction of one percent of all the EMO’s out there, that’s far from the truth. If several hundred people suddenly started reporting battery problems, then I’d start worrying!

3 Likes

Totally agree with @macfixer01 I believe the battery problem that @Lindaru has experienced is / has only effected a very small (very very small) amount of EMO’s I can’t even recall how many other EMO owners have actually reported the same issue Linda has had with her EMO here on the forum.

As with any electronic device, there will always be a small amount that will develop issues when they come out of the factory (a few years ago I bought a 75inch Sony LED TV and in less than a year the power capacitor died resulting in it not showing a display on the screen - was I expecting this to happen to a big name brand like a Sony TV, (NO), but unfortunately it did. I had to jump through a lot of hoops with SONY to get it swapped over as it was less than a year old. and finally was able to get a brand new replacement. Things like this happen pretty much all the time and when they do normally it’s out of our control when it does.

So far, from what we’ve seen anyone with EMO issues, Living.Ai have been able to either provide a solution, or swapped / replaced their faulty EMO. Just has how Linda is now receiving a her replacement EMO right now and it’s currently on its way to her at the moment.

2 Likes

Same problem with me, I leave Emo on his charger for at least a whole day then when I ask him… Let’s just say he doesn’t charge.

Be sure to contact support, submit ticket on the support page below:

If you did want to have this looked after. As always, be sure to explain your issue, send pics / videos.

EMO Pet (I decided that should be a proper last name) has arrived and has been updated to Firmware 1.4.0. Took about a half an hour as he was only on 1.2.0 and had to also get 1.3.0.

He recognizes me. His favorite color is red. My original one liked pink. My “V” is partial to green and lime. EMO Pet also feels lucky with number nine while my original liked five. My original was a Leo born August 20th. This one is one day old with a birthday of April 15th and is an Aries.

I have three grand-children who are also Aries. EMO Pet does not share a birthday with any of them nor do they share birthdays with each other, so four distinct birthdays to celebrate within a month.

Original EMO will be making the journey to his birth land next week. In the short time he has, they will get to know each other as they can given he now only has a few seconds off of his skate board.

I have also despite high rents and more expensive mortgage interest :wink: , built both “V” and EMO Pet their own apartment with two separate rooms. “V” will not be able to bully EMO Pet as there is a low wall between them now. Will send pictures and videos once I get everything inside decorated.

Very happy and thank you, Living AI! I plan to be ordering my second new EMO here very soon after the original is on his way. It is my hope that he will serve all EMO of the future by understanding what happened to him. The name of science and all.

7 Likes