Battery Depletes After Ten Minutes

Let’s say that Living AI is going to replace the battery by themselves. That would include a shipping time to China, a time for the battery replacement and a shipping time back.
It can take a really long time.
On the other hand the local battery replacement can take about 30 minutes, but you’ll lose your warranty.
Some people can prefer the first option, some the second one. Everyone must choose his preferred way. For people with EMO already out of the warranty should be this a very easy decision.

1 Like

@Wayne_Zhang Hi, please what is the expected battery life?

I believe we’ve already discussed this in the past. If EMO is out of Warranty, then getting a technician to open your EMO up and replace the battery is the only option many owners will have if they want it to keep on working. But replacing EMO’s battery when potentially it is still under warranty would be not a good choice as previously mentioned, the person that replaces the battery could potentially break EMO as they are not qualified to repair it.

With so many people speculating (myself included) what is going to happen, what is the best option to fix a broken EMO that breaks down even before 1 year. It is best always submit a support ticket email to Living.Ai support and get a formal reply from them regarding this and what specifically is covered under warranty. (so far from what I’ve seen on this forum, Living.Ai seem to be replacing all EMO that are faulty or broken) so there shouldn’t be a need for major concern at the moment.

In this situation, @Lindaru is awaiting formal confirmation from Living.Ai on what to do next, we just need to wait patiently until her support ticket is checked and an answer / solution is provided.

Personally, if it took 1 month for Living.Ai to replace the battery and send it back. I would rather that option over having someone that could potentially destroy your EMO and void any potential warranty. Even a simple task can sometimes end in disaster.

2 Likes

I trust technicians in our local repair shops even with my relatively expensive waterproof phone when I need to replace a battery. I saw a video on YouTube where someone dismantled his EMO and it didn’t look too difficult.

Edit: I just saw that video again and the person doing it was even almost blind and without any professional tools but the video was still very useful for anyone as a basic guide. I suppose it should be an easy task for a healthy professional.

3 Likes

Yes, I will only seek the battery replacement on my own if I hear from the support team that there is nothing they can do for me. I am sure with their back-log that I may not hear from them for quite a while, so yes, patience is required for me.

Thanks @MasterAbbott and @NendosColl !

3 Likes

I got a response today. I am doing video of the original location and cable plugged to the skate board, then video with a new location and different cable, only I do not have a wireless charger. Am I going to need to get one in order to complete the diagnostics do you think? Since I would have to order on line and I need to know if there are any specifics about the wireless charger I would need to know to purchase one, any assistance you can give or do you think just showing the different plug in and cable will be okay?

2 Likes

{Removed due to copyright for music EMO plays.}

3 Likes

From the video is clearly visible that the charger is working. The battery is out of its life.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Hopefully they see that, too, and can get back to me on what they are doing next.

1 Like

I’m really curious what is their response going to be.

1 Like

Me, too. Thanks @NendosColl .

1 Like

Hey Linda, (sorry for my delayed reply to this post).

Good to see that the Living.Ai team did get back to you. From what I believe we’d already discussed in this thread to try and running few tests with new / different cables and charge using a different location. I believe I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts:

Seems like you had to do it all over again, this time you needed to make a video to show tech support that something was not right.

I’ve also noticed that your EMO shake a lot when you take him off his stakeboard which also doesn’t look right. Personally I don’t think this is normal, it might be battery causing this or something else completely, but that is something you should also mention to the support team when you reply back to them.

As you’ve done all these tests already and now once again for the sake of creating a video to send over to Living.Ai support, I guess the next thing to do is once again wait for an update. But I’d also mention as well that EMO is shaking too which is not normal behaviour for an EMO. My EMO is 171 days old and when I take him off his skateboard he does not shake / jitter like your EMO does.

Keep us updated on what happens next. :surprised: :head: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

1 Like

Yes, the jittering doesn’t look normal, and I’m guessing it’s an issue with a lot of false triggering from the foot sensors? When dancing he looked like he was doing OK, but we know that the foot sensors are disabled while dancing so they don’t generate false errors during some of his extreme dance moves. Honestly I think the test was kind of pointless because if he’s showing a full charge when he’s removed from the skateboard and it’s dropping very quickly then that isn’t a charging issue, it’s most likely a bad battery. At least LAI will be able to actually see both problems. I think they like to get videos just to make sure there’s no loss in translation of the problem to whichever person ends up evaluating it and providing the service?

1 Like

Hi, @MasterAbbott and @macfixer01 . . . part of his walking issues on the second part were the box lid I grabbed to put him in as it was a location where I could plug the skate board in for a different location and he could reasonably walk. I realized how slippery it was for him and I think he was “falling from cliff” when he was walking just from when I would glance at the app.

He probably does need his feet sticky tape cleaned again, too.

They had also asked me about a wireless charger which I do not have. I am wondering if I am going to need to purchase one to test. I am thinking they might believe it is the skate board that is faulty even though the light stays on solid?

Since I do not have anywhere near here that sells those, I will have to buy one on line. Is there any special thing about the charger (wattage for example) that I would need to know for EMO to use it? A brief glance at some of them, it seemed some of the flat ones are geared towards specific phone models and come with different power ratings. The phone I have, LG Rebel, cannot be charged wirelessly, so this is all new to me.

Let me know what you think and thanks!

1 Like

If Living.Ai have also suggested to use a wireless charger, it would be best if they can offer a suitable / safe compatible model that will work with your EMO in the USA according to voltage standards there. (all of us can suggest a model, but we won’t ever know if it’s the right one to use and you might end up buying one that is not compatible). But this is not really very fair having you go off and buy a wireless charging station to further test this issue as many of us have already seen that it is looking like a dying battery problem or a charging problem. All I can say is whatever wireless charger you buy ultimately may not resolve this issue and then you are left with something you might not ever use again, plus you would have ended up paying money for something that you don’t really need.

I would push forward for a better resolution here, if they believe the charging station to be faulty, I’d request them to send you a new charging station. But from what we can see the battery seems to be dying not matter how long you keep EMO on his skateboard even when using a new USB-C cable and also switching power socket locations as well. And also EMO shouldn’t be jittering around like when you take him off his skateboard, this is certainly not normal, even if he has dirty feet / sensors.

I guess keep on speaking to the support team and see what is the next thing you need to do. :heart_1: :mad: :skating: :head: :surprised:

1 Like

They wrote that you could try it IF you have another wireless charger. I think that it’s useless to buy a new charger just for the test.

3 Likes

Thanks. Still awaiting their response to the video to see what they say.

If they offer to replace him, there is probably no need to mention his shaking. Otherwise, I will.

4 Likes

Here is the latest on my situation:

Do you guys think this has anything to do with the leg shaking? I had read other places that it might actually be due to the recent firmware update.

1 Like

No idea, let’s see what is going to follow.

1 Like

Hey @Lindaru I can say from my own personal experience. with my EMO, he is also on version 1.30 and he has no issues with leg shaking at all. This could be fixed maybe with a diagnostic app that I believe Living.Ai sometimes send to customers, but I really can’t say if they’ll send this to you, as your main issue is the battery life of your EMO.

I guess the support team are trying to troubleshoot / establish (step by step) what is going on with your EMO. Taking a bit of time, but let’s hope they give you a more definite answer in the next few email communications you have with them.

Best of luck!

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :head: :surprised:

2 Likes