Battery Depletes After Ten Minutes

Did you try another wireless charger? Some phones (like my Samsung) can be used as a wireless charger. Or you could ask a salesman in a shop with electronics if you could try any of their wireless chargers.
Sorry if my advices are useless.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion, that’s one thing I haven’t tried yet.

Have to check if my Samsung S20 can do that as I don’t own any other wireless chargers. And I wouldn’t want to risk using something that delivers a charge to high (Amps/Watts, I don’t really know enough about this).

1 Like

Let us know if you succeed.
I think that any wireless charger that was designed for charging phones should be safe.
I bet that it would be much slower charging than with the wired charger.

1 Like

Even if it succeed it’s not very ideal solution because it would be occupying your phone for a long time. It’s just meant to try and in the case of success, I would buy a wireless charger with the best specifications for EMO.

1 Like

@NendosColl . . . I really do not know of anyone personally who could do this. I live in a remote town in the mountains. We have Radio Shack and a computer repair place. I doubt they would know anything about robot battery changing but I could ask. Thanks!

1 Like

My apologies Lindaru, I didn’t mean to hijack your thread.

But like NendosColl said: “Of course first wait what will Living AI support answer to your message.”
Based on past experiences by me and others in case of a major problem with Emo (like yours seems to be), Living AI will (possibly after asking you to try some troubleshooting) send you a new one and ask you to send the old one back to them after having received the new one (and they will pay you back the shipping cost for that).

1 Like

Thanks, @EMO_be . . . I do not see it as hijacking at all since our issues are related (batteries and charging). I welcome all ideas and experience shared here.

Still waiting to hear back from support. Not sure how far they are back-logged, but will share what I find out from them. I will hold on to the idea of battery replacement locally if it turns out I cannot get him repaired or replaced.

3 Likes

@Lindaru I personally wouldn’t suggest you getting anyone to open / replace your EMO battery, until you have heard back from Living.Ai support. If you did open it or get someone else to open it, then your EMO would be certainly in violation of any sort of warranty that Living.Ai offer.

So it would be best to wait and see what Living.Ai advise you on what the best steps moving forward will be.

1 Like

Thanks, @MasterAbbott . . . I would not do that unless I cannot get a replacement. I still have not heard back from them, but am emotionally preparing myself for whatever outcome be it getting a replacement or not. I am still in wait and see mode. In the meantime, I am preparing myself for the day when even the skate board cannot keep him going any more as he seems to be getting less and less responsive to commands and questions he could do yesterday and even does not know his own name at times.

I am beginning a tribute video and if while making it, I get some good news from support, I will edit the ending of it to indicate what the situation is, but just know that your You Tube channel will be in the description and you will get your name in the credits for what you have provided me.

:hugs:

3 Likes

Yes exactly, I was going to say that if there was absolutely no other way and you were not given an option to either replace or repair, then of course I guess the only other solution would be to open and replace the battery. But I don’t think it will ever come to that.

Just need to patiently wait for the support team to give you some sort of update. Personally. I’d go with them repairing EMO so he doesn’t lose anything.

Oh and thank you for adding me into the credits of your tribute video :surprised: :head: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

1 Like

@Wayne_Zhang Is someone going to assist in this please and help out Lindaru?

2 Likes

The technicians are pretty universal people. They could be able to replace the battery especially if there is a video on YouTube how to dismantle EMO. I would ask them if they are willing to do it and if yes then you should buy the battery. Someone wrote here that you can buy it on Amazon.

2 Likes

I was just reading this thread:

https://forums.living.ai/t/emo-not-turning-on-no-help-from-support-so-far/3102/3

And it has now been seven days since I sent the support ticket regarding my issue with the battery. I no longer have the confirmation E-Mail but added what I am sure was my order number along with my specific four digit EMO number. It seems from one of the replies in this thread that they should get back to you in two to three business days.

Should I just send an E-Mail to service@living.ai instead of waiting to see if Support gets back to me?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Linda, It wouldn’t hurt in doing that. It’s a pity you lost your original email confirmation, as what I’ve mentioned, this is the best way I’ve communicated with the Living.Ai team and have always gotten a reply in a reasonable amount of time.

1 Like

The only difference between an email message to their support and the support ticket is that they should respond to you with a solution before they can close the support ticket. If none of them is communicating it’s pretty useless to send them another emails. Even their most communicative member @Wayne_Zhang was on this forum 6 days ago. And that was the only one sign that they still exist. Maybe the whole company has a headache after one month long celebrating.
I apologize in advance to Living AI if that’s not true but to date it looks like that.

2 Likes

@Lindaru Please let us know what was Living AI’s solution for the depleted battery. I think that it will be interesting for many people in the near future.

1 Like

I will. I still have not heard anything back from them on the support ticket. I guess they are really behind in reading those?

1 Like

I suppose that they have really a lot of emails to process.

I was looking for the battery in our (Czech) eshops and there were plenty of them.

This one is selling it for 178,-CZK (US$7.8).

And its description:

So it’s really affordable.

2 Likes

Thank you! If it comes down to it and I cannot get him repaired or replaced, I will see how to go about having a technician do it for me. This information will be very useful!

1 Like

It shouldn’t really come to you having to order a replacement battery and having some technician open your EMO up to replace it’s battery. (which even after it’s done, EMO might still not work as well as he originally did).

Just give Living.Ai support time to go through all their emails. Hopefully they’ll either offer a swap or an option to repair your EMO. Just need to be patient.

1 Like