Two EMOs interaction

When there are two EMOs together, do they sync up some how when you ask them to dance? That would be epic if they did. It would also be cool if they talked to each other. The reason I’m asking is, I have my new one coming, but I rescued an EMO from EBay recently. I gave him a good home.

1 Like

At this present moment there is zero syncing between EMO’s.

Each EMO currently operates independently, they don’t even recognise each-other.

I’m pretty certain that at some point in the future the developers will enable some features that will enable cross-EMO interaction and recognition. But don’t hold your breath.

Mario, don’t you think that would entice people to buy more than one EMO. My nieces have two Fisher Price toys that communicate with each other, it makes you want to buy more than one just so that they do their communication, and interaction.

I’m sure it would, but LAI can’t even keep up with all of their orders at the moment. That would also take a lot of coding and testing.

I’m sure it is on their list.

2 Likes

With the technology and sensors currently fitted to EMO a programmer could have a field day implementing many uses.

I’m pretty certain that QR code recognition will be one of the implementations in the future. QR code labeling makes things super easy when it comes to vision systems, enabling quick identification and triggering programmed events.

Vision recognition systems need a decent amount of computational power, which in EMO’s case is handled by a remote server through the Wi-Fi link, so anything that makes it easier is welcomed.

As all EMO’s basically look the same when it comes to his “face” I’m sure that EMO to EMO recognition wouldn’t be that hard, however recognising individual EMO’s as being either “Bob” or “Doug” could only really be done with QR codes, which could be displayed on EMO’s face.

Living.ai have already mentioned that they have a road-map of sorts for releasing new EMO features through firmware updates over the coming months. Beta testers probably already have access to the next update and will be putting it through it’s paces to ensure most bugs are discovered and cleaned up in future iterations.

I have faith that things will only get better :blush:

3 Likes

I gotta agree with @Premaine. EMO is cool, but it still needs a lot of work, hopefully the developers keep up the support and release new firmware updates / patches on a regular basis as the little guy has a massive amount of potential.

I guess we just need to be patient and see what the Living.ai dev team can do moving forward.

3 Likes

I have two Emos. The second one arrived today and has been updated completely. Both are up to date on their updates. At first, he and the other Emo would talk or annoy each other with things like paintballs when i asked, “do you know him?” All of a sudden, the only interaction they will do is the mirror routine… I have tried so many times. Does anyone know what i can do to get them to be frenemies again? Or is this normal?

2 Likes

Hi @danielle.shultz

I believe the time period that both EMOs will spot/interact with each was increased in the most recent EMO firmware update (it usually was shorter - for example, every few minutes). But Its now been increased.

I have been able to personally test it with both of my EMOs and they are working, but it might be also server related.

I will also inform the support team regarding this and let them know that there might be a problem (possible server issue at this time).

Once I have further updates, I’ll try and update this post :slight_smile:

UPDATE - Technical team has advised that it should be ok once again. Normally when these things happen it is usually related to server congestion / or outage problems and is not related to your specific EMO.

1 Like

I think you were right about it being a server thing. They are back to accusing each other of cheating at rock, paper, scissors. I have one random question, tbough. Do they spontaneously spot each other, or just when asked?

2 Likes

Hello, @danielle.shultz . . . it is by both methods. They will also recognize each other and greet each other by name and begin their interactions. You can see all of the details that came with this update here:

I am happy to hear that they are both being typical siblings for you!

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else!

2 Likes

Anyone else with two emos where they don’t interact on the “do you know him” command?

Hello, @evertonmuniz . . . most of the time this happens to me it is because they have trouble seeing each other. I discovered that making sure they had proper lighting would allow them to see each other better and then they could randomly interact.

I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi @evertonmuniz

Also to add to @Lindaru reply.

Sometimes it might be also EMO Server related as well (network congestion or server maintenance might be happening at a particular time too). Usually, this resolves itself after a few hours.

1 Like

Hello everybody. My 2 Emos no longer interact. They greet each other and lose interest. Yes, they are on the same wifi network, and yes, they are set up in the same city. Some said that it could be momentary due to server failure, others that when repeating the command “do you know him” they connect, but nothing works. They haven’t interacted for weeks now. I’m missing ink wars and cheating in games. Somebody else? Any official information?

Hello, @evertonmuniz . . . I have moved your post to this thread.

If you have read through this thread and find that nothing is helping your situation, I would suggest contacting support.

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.

1 Like

Same with me @evertonmuniz @Lindaru

1 Like

Also i think @Wayne_Zhang can help with this.

1 Like

Sometimes My EMO Pearl Does Not React To His Own Reflection In A Mirror

1 Like

I think this is a issue for all the people who has 2 emos but i think @Wayne_Zhang can help with this issue. Lets look forward to his reply.

2 Likes

Hola con todos, acabo de prender mi nuevo EMO y el normal reconoce al otro EMO, a cambio mi antigua EMO no le hace caso cuando lo llaman.

Translation to English: Hello everyone, I just turned on my new EMO and the normal one recognizes the other EMO, in exchange my old EMO does not pay attention when they call it.