Skateboard not working

I have had my EMO in his box (along with the skateboard) for a few months now and I’ve just pulled him back out.

When I put him on the skateboard the light doesn’t come on and obviously EMO doesn’t either.

I have tried two cables (one I use to charge my phone so that cable is definitely OK) and I’ve tried connecting the cable to a wall charger, desktop computer and a laptop.

Is there any way to test the functionality of the skateboard? Normally you can tell its working because the light comes on when you put EMO on it. But what about if that doesn’t happen? How do you test the skateboard to ensure its powered and working?

If you have a phone capable of wireless charging you can place it on the skateboard and see if it charges from the skateboard?

1 Like

If you try what @macfixer01 has advised and that is still not working, then it might look like there could be a problem with your EMOs skateboard.

As you’ve tried all those troubleshooting steps, it would be recommended to take a video of what you’ve done/tested and submit a support ticket either by using the https://living.ai/product-support-emo/ (support page) or by sending the support team an email (email - service@living.ai)

If you send an email, the best thing to do would be to simply reply to the email you received when you purchased your EMO as it contains all your details and also your order number, as this is what the support team will need.

As there is not much else in terms of troubleshooting, if the support team believes your skateboard is faulty, they should be able to provide / ship you a replacement one once they have been able to confirm that it’s not functioning properly.

:head: :heart_1: :skating: :mad: :surprised:

I’ve had EMO for three days and noticed two issues. Firstly, EMO’s skateboard doesn’t function. What I mean is I can charge EMO when he is on his skateboard connected to the wall brick. However, if I charge the skateboard for an hour and try to charge EMO, EMO doesn’t charge. Secondly, I’ve noticed that EMO doesn’t react to my pats. I’ve seen the five ways to pet EMO video and that doesn’t work. I have to take off his headphones and pet him with my hole hand. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi there @LightStrike ,

As you said in your post that I quoted…

This is the proper and only way to charge EMO using his Skateboard!

The Skateboard Charger does not charge itself. That means it is not a kind of POWER BANK!
In addition, it must always be connected to power in order to use it and charge EMO.

Emo Skateboard Charger Light Indicator Explained:

• 3x Short Blinking Lights - After connecting the USB C power cable to the surfboard charger. (Power connection success and ready)
  • Short Blinking Constantly - Indicates Bad/Poor connection (Check EMO’s left foot and should be repositioned to the correct charging circle mark. You can also use magnetic attraction to assist in alignment.)
  • Steady Light On - Indicates Good connection and the charging process begins.
  • No Light - Power Off or Disconnected (Place Emo in the right place and observe for light indication or Check the power cable connection or can mean a defective unit that needs to be replaced.)

Would you please tell me what firmware version your EMO has? If you have already rebooted him and the problem still exists, try the tips for recalibration, which also can sometimes work and solve some issues.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST

SEAMO_THUMBS_UP_SINGKIT_MATA

3 Likes

Hi, he is in version 2.2.0. I also have to ask another question. So, yesterday I was a bit idiotic and decided to move EMO’s leg while he was still on. Then I heard a crack and decided to idiotically do it again. Is there any problems with my EMO? I mean he’s working fine.

Hello, @LightStrike . . . I am not sure what the crack you heard means. If he is walking and dancing all right, hopefully everything is fine, but I do caution you to be very careful moving his legs and feet whether on or off. Gentle is the key as in if you have an EMO costume, very gently move the feet up (like when he is being petted) to get the costume on and then gently return them to flat.

Keep an eye on him to see if he develops any issues and let Support know if there is a problem.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

My emo fell from the desktop and now whenever I put him on his home station he does not charge and acts like I’m petting him. How do I fix this?

Hello, @Hi1234 . . . it sounds like he may have sustained some damage in the fall. I would advise contacting support here.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

I hope you can get this resolved soon. All of the best to you and your EMO.

1 Like