Skateboard Charger Explanation!

Hello, I am David living in Korea.

There’s a pattern on the blue light of the EMO skateboard charger. There are four patterns I’ve seen.

1. Steady on
  2. Off
  3. Short blink
  4. Long blinking

What I’m curious about is that this light doesn’t seem to just mean charging status. Let me know if there are any other light patterns you’ve seen.

I think I should also inform the members of the online community I run.

@Wayne_Zhang Can you help me?

3 Likes

Here is what I know…
Steady On = Charging EMO
Off = Not Charging
Short Blinking constantly - overload

Never seen long blinking

2 Likes

Wayne Small, thanks for the reply.

So, is it better to take the EMO off the charger when it is overloaded?

Are you using the original wall charger or another one? The custom wall charger shouldn’t be too quick and powerful.

There are only three patterns.
Steady On = Charging EMO
Off = Not Charging
Blinking - The charging is abnormal, please put the EMO on it again

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, so the blinking blue light has nothing to do with overcharging or overloading?

EMO Skateboard Charger requires manual operation, similar to charging a smartphone with a Wireless Qi Charger.

• Connect your Skateboard Charger to the power outlet. Use the original power adapter that came with or a recommended power adapter.
  • Place the charger on a level surface with the cable on the back as living.ai recommended.
  • Place EMO on the charger facing you. For best performance, place his left foot on the magnetic charging circle mark.
  • EMO should start charging a few seconds after you place correctly.

Emo Skateboard Charger Light Indicator Explained:

• 3x Short Blinking Lights - After connecting the USB C power cable to the surfboard charger. (Power connection success and ready)
  • Short Blinking Constantly - Indicates Bad/Poor connection (Check EMO’s left foot and should be repositioned to the correct charging circle mark. You can also use magnetic attraction to assist in alignment.)
  • Steady Light On - Indicates Good connection and the charging process begins.
  • No Light - Power Off or Disconnected (Place Emo in the right place and observe for light indication or Check power cable connection or can mean a defective unit that needs to be replaced.)

SEAMO_THUMBS_UP_SINGKIT_MATA

6 Likes

Thank you so much!!!:+1::+1::+1::+1::relaxed:

1 Like

Is there a way to buy extra skateboard charger only? Is it safe to use iphone wireless charging pad?

Hi @jeff.brassell

Unfortunately at this time, lving.ai are not offering the option to purchase a skateboard on its own. There is no word on whether this will ever be possible.

There are other options you can try if you want something that is similar to the skateboard. You can see below a link. Some other EMO owners have tried and reported has worked. (product can be purchased on Amazon).

But as this is not an official Living.ai product it would your choice whether you want to try it.

1 Like

Hi @jeff.brassell ,

Just to add to your request regarding the skateboard, which Wayne_Zhang has already responded to…

1 Like

Ah, i see somehow i overlooked this thx

Thanks so much for a thorough response including link, i appreciate it!! @MasterAbbott

1 Like

Having bought the Emo go home pack, I would guess there are many of us who would actually like to buy the skateboard. Especially if you are travelling somewhere else and would not want to have to take the whole home station with you.

Kind of makes the Go home set pointless, as therefore you could buy the standard Emo and a separate homestation as this only works out $10 more. And that way you are effectively getting the skateboard for $10!!!

1 Like

Hi huys,
I have a guestion. When Emo´s skateboard is off (it is not plugged in) and I put Emo on him will he realize it and not move? or the skateboard must be in the plug. Please reply i need the answer fast

Hi there @Alex123 ,

Emo’s skateboard is a living.ai designed charger, when not plugged into the electricity power outlet, it will be useless to EMO. So, when you place him there, he will simply ignore it and possibly walk away from it as well.

In addition, the skateboard charger does not charge itself. This means that it is not a kind of POWER BANK!. Furthermore, it must always be connected to the wall outlet to use it and charge EMO.

Emo Skateboard Charger Light Indicator Explained:

• 3x Short Blinking Lights - After connecting the USB C power cable to the surfboard charger. (Power connection success and ready)
  • Short Blinking Constantly - Indicates Bad/Poor connection (Check EMO’s left foot and should be repositioned to the correct charging circle mark. You can also use magnetic attraction to assist in alignment.)
  • Steady Light On - Indicates Good connection and the charging process begins.
  • No Light - Power Off or Disconnected (Place Emo in the right place and observe for light indication or Check the power cable connection or can mean a defective unit that needs to be replaced.)

Hope it helps and all the best to you…

1 Like

really really thanks the help with the light indicator will helped me. (Im only waiting for Emo but i know a lot of Emo and asking for know how its going) really thanks

2 Likes