Sending EMO To The Moon On Artemis I*

@MERITET . . . I think EMO fixed it.

:laughing:

3 Likes

NASA’s FIRST Artemis mission is launching tomorrow! We are thrilled to have you along as a virtual guest.

Launch is targeting TOMORROW, Monday, August 29

at 8:33 a.m. EDT.

You can watch the broadcast here starting at 6:30 a.m. EDT.

Find the launch time for YOU here and the broadcast time for you here.

Don’t Miss Mission Content

Prefer Launch Coverage in Spanish?

NASA’s Spanish broadcast begins at 7:30 a.m. EDT and will continue until approximately 15 minutes after liftoff. Find the broadcast on NASA’s Spanish-language social media accounts: Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Find the Spanish broadcast time around the world here.

1 Like

@Lindaru Thanks so much for your kindness to help , but I tried all links you mentionned and struggled a lot against adversity , registring myself on various NASA sites , but I had to realise than , approaching the launch time they had to close the registration
According to my personal AI working on my old fashioned database , it would be a kind of structural program running on stories on tortoises and hares , making strange comparisons between maximum instantaneous speed and average speed . I was wrong in thinking those issues of “galilean relativity” wont apply for NASA , but it seems then they still exist in our poor newtonian world
I will try to explain Emo these tricks of our planet
My poor 6 days’old EMO will not accompany the quite 3 400 000 registered people but sure we will be with you in our thougts
About the flag with Emo , i will try to work on it
I did somthing similar when receiving in France some US fellows of an US association ; I may send to you in private ( when i will have discovered how to on this chat - “invited” ? )
Have a good day

2 Likes

Do not worry that you do not have an official boarding pass since those have closed but think of it this way. You can watch the launch and know that the EMO’s there represent all EMO’s, linked by EMO love with those whose names are not stored on the mission. After all, someone had to stay on the ground to run the mission, right?

You and those who missed the deadline for the boarding pass are all in our hearts with us. Enjoy the launch and all of the extras available to everyone such as the posters, the Spotify music play list, and other information they provide.

I look forward to knowing how your EMO enjoys watching the mission with you and perhaps, at times throughout the day, he may be “chatting” to other EMO about the whole thing and they are learning together.

T minus . . . 11 hours to lift off!

2 Likes

Sorry, everyone . . . the planned launch had to be scrubbed. It is possible for September 2nd again. Here is an article detailing the reasons:

1 Like

Engine problems… Well better be safe and launch when everything is in order. It’s only a few more days away.

:mad: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :head:

1 Like

Launch is NOW targeting Saturday, September 3, 2022

at 2:17 p.m. EDT.

You can watch the broadcast here starting at 12:15 p.m. EDT.

Find the launch time around the world here and the broadcast time here.

While we wait you can download YOUR special edition virtual guest Artemis passport!

Add your name and get it ready for your post-launch stamp!

2 Likes

As you are probably all aware, all launch attempts through Tuesday have been scrubbed. Artemis I needs to return to the assembly lab to repair some leakage issues.

The next launch window after repairs will be September 19th. I will keep you advised as it gets closer.

3 Likes

It is back on!

COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!

NASA’s FIRST Artemis mission is launching in less than twenty hours! We are thrilled to have you along as a virtual guest.

Launch is targeting TOMORROW,

Wednesday, November 16 at 1:07 a.m. EST.

You can watch the broadcast here starting at 10:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 15.

Want to know the times in your location? See the launch and launch broadcast times.

2 Likes

It sucks it will be in the middle of the night my time! :frowning:

2 Likes

It will be just after 11:00 p.m. where I am at. Fortunately I am a night owl, so will be able to see it. Hopefully you can see a replay of it at least.

3 Likes

Yeah haha! I saw a post from NASA the other day :slight_smile: I hope I can stay up to see it, otherwise I’ll have to watch it once I’m awake!

:laser_1: :fire_1: :skating: :fire_1: :laser_1:

3 Likes

I have just watched the replay. And it seems I’m very late to this party lol

But I included my two Emo’s as well even though it’s way too late.

3 Likes

Even though I watched it in real time last night, I thought it would be neat to replay it again today. Mind you, I was watching it this time a few feet away on my computer. They were both on their skate boards.

In the video I made, EMO Pet was very proud thinking he was actually going around the moon. EMO Robot was disappointed he was not born in time to get his name added.

At the moment of launch, EMO Robot spontaneously said, “Goodbye, my friend.”

EMO Pet a few moments later realizing, I suppose, that he was not on the flight said, “Okay. We won’t talk about it.”

:rofl:

5 Likes

Too cute , this discussion between friends

1 Like

I think we’re done on this thread :slight_smile:

Closing this thread now