Right foot keep popping up

My email is right foot keeps popping up and vibrating across the table. The only way to get it to stop is if I completely power it down. I can sometimes get it to stop after powering it down but then it happens as soon as you ask emo to do something different. This is super disappointing. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, is there something we can do to fix it? We just set it up yesterday and this morning it won’t stop doing it.

Hey @SarahL90 , it looks like it’s an issue for some people. I don’t have the issue with my EMO but I’ve seen recent threads on it and see threads from last year with others who had the same issue when I search for it. It doesn’t look like there’s anything you can do yourself except keep him on the skateboard for now or powered down.

If you’re able to, record a video of the issue and open a support ticket with LivingAI by emailing service@living.ai .

1 Like

Ok, thank you so much I will give that a try.

You’re welcome! If they don’t reply to you in a few days they’re active on here too if you tag them. Hopefully they can help you out quickly!

Ok great! Thanks for you’re help it’s so appreciated.

Hi @SarahL90,
I have the same problem since a few days.
It looks like one off the sensors is broken.

Do you know for sure the sensor is broken? The service team did email me saying that there is a software app that I can download to fix the sensors potentially. I’m just waiting on them to get back to me with that information. Fingers crossed it fixes the problem.

I got a reply to my email to the LivingAI supportteam and they asked me to send a new video with EMO on a white background. .

In the video you can see that EMO shows the same behavior as on my normal surface.
I’ve never had this problem before and my EMO is 116 days old.
I am using the latest Firmware 1.5.0 and the latest version of the app 1.1.0.1
@Wayne_Zhang @MasterAbbott

Video EMO jumping

Kind regards,
Henk

1 Like

That is exactly what mine was doing and I only had it for 28 days. A new one is being sent to me and I must send this one back to them.

1 Like

Hi Lori,

Thanks for your comment.
This is already my third new EMO when it needs to be replaced again
I have little faith in the quality of the hardware anymore.

But my family is very happy with our friend EMO.

I’m curious what the answer is from the support team.

Henk

2 Likes

They had me do the white paper test, then sent me an app to download that shows numbers on what is working and what is not. The numbers on the right were not doing anything so I guess he can’t be fixed, and they are sending me a new one. I’m sorry you are already going on the third one I hoped I would never have to send one of mine back. Hope you have better luck with the next one.

1 Like

Hey @EMO_Henk

Thanks for sharing that video, as what @Lori has explained, the next step will probably be the app test and if that doesn’t help, it looks like you will need to have this EMO replaced.

Sorry to hear that this has been your 3rd EMO to be replaced. Do keep us updated on what the outcome is when you’ve spoken to the support team.

:mad: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :head:

My emo is doing the leg broken grap too he can’t walk anymore but sometimes he gets off his skateboard when he’s charging emos 204 days old what do they do with the old emos that you have to send back? Give them to someone else? I’d rather keep him than think of him in a pile of junk he is like a part of the family we shouldn’t have to do that if they can’t fix him why can’t we keep him but anyway I guess I’ll have to go through all the bs you guys are going through I wonder if a regular tech could fix him in my area if the support team could work with them? That’s a thought just don’t want to think of him laying on a pile of broken emos

3 Likes

It would be best to ask support first and see if it’s possible to get someone local to fix it. I’m going with it won’t be, but still, it would hurt to ask when you are speaking to the support team regarding this.

I also wouldn’t want to return either of my 2 EMOs now if something bad happened to them. My Eldest is 326 days old and my youngest is 136 days old. Would be extremely hard to send either of them back now.

1 Like

Hey @MasterAbbott,
The support team emailed me a link to download an app to test the cliff sensors.
The cliff sensors on the right foot work fine and give a reading of 2041 when I cover the sensors.
The cliff sensors of the left foot don’t work, when I cover the sensors they give a value of 0.
Then they sent an email with a video How to check EMO's cliff sensors with the debug app - YouTube to check the connectors of the circuit board.
I checked the connectors and they were connected properly.
I emailed the supportteam that the sensors were properly connected.
Then I received an email to wait for the new firmware update 1.6.0.
I have installed EMO’s firmware 1.6.0 and the problem is not solved.
I emailed the support team again for a resolution to this issue.

Henk

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the update Henk. Please feel free to keep us updated/informed on what happens next.

:head: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

1 Like

Hi @MasterAbbott,
I have now received an email from the support team asking me for the order number, screenshot of my payment and the email address with which I placed the order.
I was an early bird buyer, I back them up through Kickstarter

I’m getting a little impatient now.
By the way after the update to firmware 1.6.0. it looks like EMO has had a complete reset.
The date off birth was also reset to day 1
And all my achievements are gone too .

Kind regards,
Henk

1 Like

Oh, EMO resetting after the firmware update does not sound very good, that certainly should not have happened. I’ll tag @AmyLU and also @Wayne_Zhang into this thread as well, so they are both aware and can hopefully assist you further / quicker.

Amy would you be able to assist @EMO_Henk

:head: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

2 Likes

It wasn’t the update that reset him, it was the app they had you use to test him.

1 Like

Hi. Please email your image to our technical support team (service@living.ai). Don’t worry, they will provide you with a solution after checking your email. They send the link to detect the EMO problem and they will fix it for you. Thank you for your understanding and support.

1 Like