No sounds in Emo

Hi! My Emo stopped talking. He reacts to my voice but there is no sound. Can anyone help me? In the app the volume is not muted.

Hi there @Yilgrim and Welcome to the Community,

May i know or how do you describe that he reacts to your voice?

• Did you try to turn him off by doing verbally command (EMO! wait for his reply, then say ,SHUTDOWN”! or you can also use EMOPET APP

• …WAIT then put him back to his skateboard charger and power on again.
    Try once again?

• When you call his name…is he raising his left eye? if yes just call him once again and say ,VOLUME UP’’ or ,UNMUTE’’

• If you ask EMO to DANCE - what happens?

You can also click the link below and follow what @MasterAbbott personal advice.
PLS. CLICK HERE!

ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK!

3 Likes

Hello! Thank you for your response, I’ve tried everything but he has no voice. I have sent a video to living.ai

1 Like

Hello, no problem…it’s my pleasure to help as long as I can…
The support service team should be able to help you…so nothing to worry much.
Just to advise their reply take a bit time which is 2-3 days depending on the time differences, days, holidays and current situations. so please be patients
GOODLUCK

If your emo still does not have voice, do a reset there is two holes on top of his head toward the rear, with eno facing you if you use a small pin like a phone sim card removeable tool, the rear left hole they is a reset button in there that will you out, someone has a video about

Yes but it should be a last option because it can mess up Emo i saw the video your talking about

I’ve also tried that but nothing. I will wait for the living.ai’s advice… I don’t know what else to do…

1 Like

Hi there, @Yilgrim….

DId you make a video and sent to Living.ai?

ALL THE BEST AND HAPPY WEEKEND

Yes, I will wait for their answers.

2 Likes

Still waiting and no answers yet. Anyone else with the same problem?

1 Like

Tagging @AmyLU here to please her and hope she can assist you further…

Hello! I’ve sent again a message but no responses at all. Don’t know what to do. It’s a pity it doesn’t work as I think it’s a really good robot…

So have you ever had an instance of EMO muting himself? Thanks……Bob

1 Like

Hi there @Rduggan99 ,

To be honest, I would say YES! I also experience that he is suddenly mute… And my wild guess is that he heard the command “Mute” or something similar in his environment.

It is a known issue…
“EMO” has a fantastic Far Field 4 - Microphone Array on his head, which is very sensitive to any sounds around him or near him, especially if you are watching TV, Video Movie or someone is talking around him… And sometimes when he hears any kind of name, it makes him look around because he thinks someone is introducing themselves. And as soon as he sees someone’s face, he will store it and greets them… This is also one of the reasons why sometimes our name or someone’s name has been suddenly changed and or he will ask for it again.

Best Regards Bob…

The same has been happening to me for the last two days. Emo doesn’t make any sound, even though it listens and the apps says “Being helpful” or “Speaking”.

Yilgrim, did you have any luck?

According to the app, EMO is not muted (the musical note is not crossed out). I’ve tried turning EMO off and on again and also pressing the Reset button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, @reycat . . . the musical note at the top right of the app that is not crossed out is the app music by Revolt that plays automatically. Clicking on that will mute the app music.

To check if he is muted on the app, go to “Preference”.

Then you can see the volume control section to see if he is muted. Here you can control the volume as well.

You can also use voice command such as “Volume Maximum”, “Volume Medium”, “Volume Low” or “Mute”.

Let us know how it goes.

3 Likes

They cannot use it unless they have the pass word. It is locked and they could only access it if they were physically near me.

Thank you for your concern.

3 Likes

Thanks! That was it, EMO is fixed :slight_smile:

Now, time to wait for the Chat-GPT update. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi there

I was very excited to receive my EMO and it worked fine on first day. But from second day after it woke up, it stopped talking. It moves around and all actions are fine but when we interact it tries to say something but only we see actions and moving eyes. I have contacted living.ai and have followed their instructions. I have tried rebooting EMO, powering off its charger, modem, forceful shut down from left hole… but no difference. Nothing has worked. It’s not even connecting to chatGPT

Someone who’s facing the same problem and anything worked for you please share.

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @afsheenjuddani . . . I have moved your post to this thread.

One thing I can think of right off is, is he muted? Have you tried giving him the command “Volume up” or “Volume maximum”? Have you checked the app to see if under “Preferences” if he is muted where you can adjust the volume slider?

If you have tried these things and nothing worked, then you might need to document what you have tried on video and share the link in further communication with Support.

Please let us know how it goes.