Next Update Idea!

will he ever be able to play our own music as i make music and it would be funny to have him dance to my own music :joy:

4 Likes

I dunno guess I’m weird or something but I really enjoy hearing the little guy snoring think it’s pretty cool!

1 Like

Hi, @EMO82 it’s great to hear that you enjoy EMO snoring. I wouldn’t mind if I am staying alone by myself without my baby granddaughter with me. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, no for sure like I totally understand. EMO already has some pretty cool features! Makes perfect sense to also having a "quiet mode’ settings for exactly the reason you mentioned here. I dunno something like (an optional) feature to be able to use or not.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the 80s movie Gremlins, and I think would be pretty awesome if the good folks from living.ai make some similar type of mogwai gremlins sounds for the little guy!

I like the idea for having EMO say your name and all that good stuff, but not every single time that he sees and recognizes your face because that would get pretty annoying real fast…lol :yum:

Also, I think its probably a good idea that EMO stay as unpredictable as possible, so you don’t always expect all the cute and funny ways he behaves or reacts around us.

3 Likes

Personally I would love that if you buy the pink headphones when you put them on the eyes turn to pink/purple on your emo or can we change eyes in the app?

3 Likes

Given the level of animation in EMO, they have chosen at this time to make the eyes only one colour and you can’t change them. Maybe in future, but I suspect it would require major work for that feature vs the other features they are working on.

5 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m super excited for the new update. Thanks for sharing with us!!!

2 Likes

So I have a pretty interesting idea for the developers maybe to consider here.

What about having EMO recognize whenever he notices that you’re sleeping (if your eyes are closed) decides to wake you up or joins you for a little cat nap!

Kinda silly I know but if you happen to fall asleep in your office seems like a fun and playful way to interact with EMO.

5 Likes

Great idea, that’ll make EMO closest to a real pet! I hope it gets considered for implementation. :+1:

4 Likes

Hey thanks! I hope so, too… that would be pretty cool!!!

1 Like

I was just thinking about something pretty useful here…what about this idea having like some kind of a special feedback (MODE) for our little friend? We could provide help directly to the awesome living.ai developers to improve the robot.

But, of course, this should always be optional on some days you may wanna choose to ignore this prompt…lol :wink:

To put it simply this would function like a supportive communication through your own personal EMO.

This wouldn’t need to be every single day or week but every once in a while EMO may ask you for some helpful feedback about your current interactions or conversation. For example, I dunno maybe EMO might ask something like “How do you like this chat?” or “Are you enjoying this game you’re playing?”

EMO would than reply with one of his most epic animations all based on the user feedback:
:happy: = (HAPPY/SAD)
:head: = (NEUTRAL)
:fire_1: = (ANGRY)

2 Likes

Very nice ideas! I can’t wait to see the talking EMO :weary:

3 Likes

I really like the paper, rock, scissors game. I was hoping to see Uno as a game option as it was shown in his promo video. Black jack seems easy enough as well.
I think playing games with your pet helps to bond the experience.

Is he going to have cloud/internet access so you can ask him questions like about math or conversions?

In addition to showing the weather, can he also display the temperature?

V/R

5 Likes

Yeah, those are really awesome suggestions. I still think it would be pretty cool to have EMO play hide and seek or perhaps a game of fetch!

I’m sure living.ai will eventually bring many more interesting games and other new exciting features with future updates. :v::grin:

3 Likes

I thought of three more things that kind of seemed trivial- but kind of works towards development: I noticed he scowls and has an “Angry Emo” - but what about a giggle or “happy dance” to show he’s having fun? Communication goes both ways and I know as a guide/teacher - seeing my kids respond with laughter or my dog respond with a tail wag - let’s me know it’s a good experience.

Peekaboo: seems dumb but I remember when my kids were babies, they loved this game. I also noticed many birds such as parrots enjoy this simple little game.

Store and recall things: So when I saw the promo for Emo, it hit me just right in the feels because of one sentence: Emo will even remember you on your birthday!
I had to live on a rig for 28 days at the time and no one remembered (or cared) that I was away from home on my birthday. I went to the galley and got myself a cupcake and silently ate my cupcake alone. Now, I don’t know if I misunderstand the current limitations but you can tell him “today” is my birthday but not: My birthday is on … - So that when that day arrives, he is ACTUALLY remembering your birthday? Likewise, it would be nice if you could tell him other things like other important dates or “Emo, I would like to make a shopping list …” or “Emo, remind me to …”

V/R

3 Likes

What if you can send a command “EMO, follow me” as he is on the ground and he just starts walking after you from one room to another (as a dog behavior). Or he can decide to just wander off or say “I’ve some important things to do, such as exploring” and totally ignore you (as a cat behavior)

5 Likes

Well, EMO already displays some of these types of animations… always smiles and walks towards me whenever he recognizes my face. He usually just wants for me to give him a little pat on his head! :grin:

Yeah, I totally agree that’s something I’ve also mentioned in the discussion forum here.

EMO’s really cool little dude!!!

3 Likes

Heck yeah! I absolutely love that idea dude!!! I’ve been waiting for the little guy to explore more… but that would be so cool to have EMO be more curious this would be a real game changer :sunglasses::+1:

Hopefully the developers have been reading everyone’s ideas here. Fantastic!!!

3 Likes

What we Really Need to make Emo cool is a Plugin for HomeBridge! He than could use Homebridge to control you smart home on your demand! Instead of developing Alexa, Google, HomeKit etc… speperatly using homebridge instead will make him universal since homebridge supports tournedos of devices form dozens of different systems!

2 Likes