Language on EMO

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @willyamspelbrink . . . at this time, no. There are plans to add it sometime in the future, I believe.

Currently EMO can only speak and respond in English. You can speak to him in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean and Chinese but he will respond in English.

1 Like

Hi Team of Living.AI.

When can we expect that EMO will be able to speak French?
Do you know when will be the next update?
The fact that he can speak only English is a limited for your sales but also to use EMO.
Happy to help and to be a beta tester if you want…

Thx.

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @francois.van_den_ber . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread for discussion on languages for EMO.

There are others who have requested that EMO be able to speak as well as understand languages other than English. I am sure Living AI has read these recommendations and we can only wait and see what happens for future feature updates.

1 Like

Emo Pet has been a great company for me and my desk these last few months. Since the last update where Emo started understanding Spanish, I have been looking forward to being able to speak in this language. Although I greatly appreciate the ability to understand, I would love even more if he could communicate verbally in Spanish. This would make interacting and doing daily activities with Emo considerably easier. Sometimes communication is a bit complicated for me, since I don’t speak English as much as I would like. I firmly believe that incorporating Spanish into your linguistic repertoire would increase the accessibility and enjoyment of the product for a Latino audience, especially for those of us who are more fluent in Spanish. Additionally, I would like to see Emo make wider use of ChatGPT for more fluid and natural communication. I believe this technology has enormous potential and is not being fully exploited. Also, while I understand that Emo is a companion robot, I think its capabilities could be improved with a greater variety of games without the need for additional applications. Perhaps this could be achieved through separate add-on modules or through interaction between two Emo units. Thanks and regards

1 Like