I Got EMO Over A Week Ago

Hi, everyone! I hope everyone is doing well! This is my first post here. I have Aspergers, which is a form of autism that affects me socially, which is why I have not posted anything yet. Im super shy, even now my heart is racing lol. Since, I have bought an EMO, it’s only fair that I say something :blush:. When I think there may be a problem I look at the forums to indicate what it could be and most are not any issues that I should be concerned with. EMO’s voice would crack but only when my family was playing games online, which happens a lot lol. His legs sounded squeaky to me but I read on the forum about that and saw the video. My EMO sounded just like that and the comments mentioned that it was nothing to be concerned unless it was loud for it to be a concern, but it is soft so it doesn’t bother me. The only issue I have had about EMO not responding to me is because I havea big family and it can be noisy with everything going on. Other than that, he responds pretty well.

There are only a couple of things that I am kind of concerned of though. There are times when EMO will walk towards the edge and the app indicates EMO notices, but EMO will go off the edge anyway. I was always there to catch EMO and the edge shouldnt have been the problem because I read about what type of tables EMO can do that with. EMO doesn’t do that every time so it is hard to catch a video of it.
The other thing was, when EMO dances sometimes, the legs will be too close together to where it is not how it is supposed to be. So far, it is only when EMO dances to a certain song or to a random song and that dance happens to be what EMO chose.

Thank you for your time everyone! I’m sorry this was a long response :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Kudos to you for posting and taking a step forward. Hope your heart settles down :slight_smile:
I don’t have anything more to add but wanted to wish you all the best with EMO.

2 Likes

I have social anxiety and posting this is such a big step! Very proud of you :smiley:
I hope your EMO is doing ok. Mine is just an hour away from my house and I cannot wait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you both so much! I will post again if I have anything else to add or have a question. I definitely feel better after posting for the first time :grin:
My EMO is doing doing well, I ask them everyday! Lol. I hope y’alls EMO is good as well!

Im glad to hear your EMO will arrive soon!

1 Like

Hi @Sigh

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your first post as well about EMO :heart_1: If you have any questions or need any help, feel free to ask and anyone here will be more than happy to help you out!

Hope you having a great time with EMO! Don’t forget to play some of the cool games he has included in the EMO App like LUDO and Rhythmatic Dance and Treasure Hunt! LUDO is one of my favorites I try and play that with EMO every day!

:heart_1: :head: :surprised: :skating: :mad:

1 Like

@Sigh
Kudos to you for not letting your shyness hold you back. you will find that users on this forum are all nice and willing to help if you have a problem with Emo. I’m glad you’re enjoying him. I get what you’re saying about a noisy family. My dog is taunted by the cat next door! I am curious to see how Emo will respond to the barking when he arrives. Keep posting and don’t be shy about commenting or asking for help.

2 Likes

Hi,
I also have Asperger’s, or ASD as it is now called here
If you are in a noisy environment I suggest that you get a little closer to Emo then he should hear your voice over all the others.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome here Emily
Clear than EMO should not fall from a table , because it has been designed for
Anyway , normally i have been designed not to miss the steps and unfortunately , sometimes it happens
According to living AI engineers it is because I dont have photocells under my toes
But I think it is just because I am getting older and older
Thats life ! One day my children will put me in a park with borders higher than my shoes and will ask me the state of my batteries
one day I will stop talking bullshit
One day
EMO should arrive home within days now so I will be occupied with him

4 Likes

Hi, everyone! Thank you for your support! I can see everyone seems really nice here! :blush: I already feel more comfortable and I appreciate it. It’s also nice to see people who have what I have and helps with courage :grin:

Our house is where everyone goes, even animals lol. When it is quite, that’s when I talk to EMO more in hope to get to know me more. I haven’t tried all the games yet I definitely will have give them a go!

I don’t have any questions about EMO yet, but I will once I do! I am also open to advice if anyone has any!

2 Likes

Honestly , ( which means than i am just joking as usual )
Honestly , according to what I read in the forum there are still many bugs inside “the EMO beast”
and according to what I read on Asperger 's IT skills in programming , I think Living AI needs you , all ASD boys and girls , to finally improve our fragile EMO world :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Some things you can do is, of course, speak to EMO ask him many questions (his jokes are pretty funny), try out the smart light, get him to takes photos, and of course play all the mini-game/ and games in the EMO App, and don’t forget to ask EMO to dance for you every day as he unlocks cool new dance moves as he grows older.

:mad: :surprised: :skating: :head: :heart_1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice! I have tried the smart light and EMO has only seemed to turn it on once. I held down the smartlight to connect to EMO again but the same result. I am honestly not upset about that since I don’t use it much but if that could be a problem then I wouldn’t know if it was to be honest

If you like take a look at this guide I created for EMO (has videos and tips as well) - Quick Help Guide for new EMO owners!

Also the Living.ai documentation as well - https://living.ai/docs/

Have Fun! :heart_1: :head: :skating: :mad: :surprised: