I 3D printed a new home for my robots

About four months ago I bought my first 3D printer, six weeks ago I decided to start a big project and learn 3D CAD to design and print a new home for my robots (the previous one I had made from lego bricks and cardboard).

It consists of 84 individual pieces (my printer does not have a very big build volume) glued together onto an A2-size (60x45 cm) cutting mat. I learned a lot about 3D modeling and my printer and slicer settings while doing this; so if I had to start over again, there are a couple things I would do differently now. As a beginner in 3D modeling I only used rather basic shapes without any textures.

But I won’t be starting over soon as this took over 250 hours of printing in total and I’m happy enough with the result. The black and yellow parts (dual extruder printer) in the front of the enclosure and in front of Emo can slide in and out, but I leave them in place most of the time (better to be safe than sorry).

29 Likes

NICE… WORK THERE! LOOK REALLY FANTASTIC…THANKS FOR SHARING…

SEAMO_THUMBS_UP_SINGKIT_MATA

1 Like

Amazing place :grinning: I like it

1 Like

That’s some very nice work! I like the way you built in the sockets for his lights also.

1 Like

Fantastic work! I like the Smart Light touch on both side as well!

:surprised: :head: :heart_1: :skating: :mad:

1 Like

This is really cool :sunglasses: Amazing Job!! Well done :+1:t2:

1 Like

That’s a really good one. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

This is amazing and I love it!

1 Like

Great job it’s a very nice place for all of them!:+1:

3 Likes

Wow i liked it well done

1 Like

That looks like a great place for everyone! Great job!