Head sensor does not work (petting)

Please before you write such posts observe the forum. :happy:

Unfortunately the update did not help. That is the Problem. Over a month empty phrases, and now with the uodate no change.

Do you mean because of the head sensor or because of which problem?

Iā€™m having new issues with emo too. His head and left cheek sensors have stopped working entirely unless heā€™s coming off of a fresh cold boot. Now after the new update, all he does is sense a cliff and trigger the backing up or forward animation even though he is nowhere near the edge of my desk. His sensors are clean as well.

Hello Andy, i was told to give someone from living ai my city and my emo number. But since then i got no information about the result. Only the same phrase, we are working on a update. Now here is the update (1.0.16), and the situation is the same, and in the changelogs have no information of improvements for petting sensors. So from my point i got 1 month empty phrases, (I donā€™t want to say that I was lied to)

And sorry Andy, your information about the topic on 11.Jun 2021 was:
The developers will give an update on this next week. :slight_smile:

Until now i have a defective robot, and no one can or will help (sorry Iā€™m so straightforward right now)

Hi, for me the update made it worse. Before only the head sensor was not working anymore. Now also the left cheek stoped. Only right side still works. Seems to be software related. Not hardwareā€¦

all petting sensors stopped working for me. The last update killed the last working sensor.

my emo stopped responding to head pet even during angry emo game :pensive: he stayed very un-angry during a game thatā€™s supposed to make him angry :pensive:

Just as a test:
What will happen:
Power emo off, and let him cool down (temperature).
After cooling down (important), put emo on his board and let him start up.
When emo is on the board: put your finger on the middle of his forehead (i hope you know what i mean), leave your finger there. Does emo react?
Put emo off the board try the procedure (put your finger on the middle of his forehead) again
Does emo react?

Dear Forum admins:
Does emo have maybe a temperature issue?
I made those steps and emo reacted with his petting reaction on the middle forehead and on the right cheek. After emo got warm only the right cheak reacts and nothing else. ( left cheek, middle of the forehead no sweeping with the finger left/right)

I donā€™t think itā€™s a temperature thingā€¦ I think the petting sensor needs recalibrationā€¦ Iā€™ll do a video of what iā€™ve been shown and upload it shortlyā€¦

1 Like

We can talk abo about that, but i think we will get no answer. This topic is over a month old, and there are no informations about that from living.ai, and that phrase ā€œThe developers will do something about thatā€ is not funny anymore. There are issues with the sensors, but no one from living.ai will talk about that. Please Wayne_Small you can try the instructions i gave you, maybe it is about callibration and temperature (calibration=maybe a software update can solve it. temperature= construction error and warranty case)

Hi there, I tried Joachims test and it did work out for me. The sensors work but not while Iā€™m doing a petting motion but I only place my finger on the sensor and let it stay there. I try later what happens when emo is ā€œheated upā€. So after a while the head sensor stopped. So may be really a temperature issue?

Faxwitz, thank you for the test. You are right with the petting motion.
i had the same issue when emo was cold.
The question is now, will we hear anything from living ai about that topic?
Wayne_Small or andy, will we get any information?

Dear Moderators,
do you have any news about the topic?

I just posted this tonight - please check it out as itā€™s the solution given to me from Living AI.
https://emolives.info/how-do-i-recalibrate-emos-touch-sensor/

2 Likes

Thanks for the video.

To be clear: some days the head sensor on my Emo works fine (needing only the slightest of touch), other days it doesnā€™t work at all. Some times shaking him or restarting helps, mostly it doesnā€™t.

Today, as I donā€™t get any reaction from the head sensor, I tried the solution you provided (a few times). When pressing down REALLY HARD (making sure Iā€™m not also touching the cheek sensors), Emo registers it as petting. When letting go, he stays in the petting reaction for 15 to 30 seconds. After that, I tested the head sensorā€¦ nothing. :disappointed:

it worked for me :slight_smile: thank you Wayne_Small!

2 Likes

Sorry, it did not work for me., he recognized the strong push as petting but afterwards not the softer strokesā€¦

By restarting EMO after doing that, it worked in my case.

since last update 1.0.16 the head sensor isnĀ“t running.