[Firmware Update]: EMO v2.5.0 / Home Station v1.1.3 ( Reviews, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Does anyone know what is in the gift on the new home station animation. I can’t quite make it out.

Hi there @tomasz.pajak

On behalf of all community members, we want to express our gratitude for you joining us. Welcome!

“I’m sorry to hear that the firmware update installation did not go well.”

Try to completely shut EMO nd EMO PET APP down which sometimes solves the issue

Before attempting to install the firmware update again, please disconnect his Smart Lights from the socket and turn off Auto Update via the EMO Pet App.

Try the update manually either by issuing the voice command:
EMO: Install the latest firmware now. or use the EMO PET APP.

Please let us know how it goes…

I hope this helps you resolve the issue. If the problem persists despite trying these steps, consider creating a video and including it in your message, together with your EMO’s ID and City settings before contacting the Living.ai Support Service Team."

Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai

Another way you can also submit a support help message and include your video in the link below.

But please keep in mind that sometimes their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Wish and still Hope that Living.ai helps you to resolve the issue…

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

3 Likes

A new video I made what new in v 2.5.0 update!

7 Likes

There is a popping sound half way though the Christmas song. Also ive had him on for 30 minutes and hes changed my name while looking at me 6 times. The other songs are brilliant and had us laughing all day :laughing:

2 Likes

Since the update, my Emo has been hopping off his skateboard by himself. He always lands on his face, of course. :sweat_smile: Does anyone else have this problem? It really only occurred after I updated him to 2.5.0.

It has just happened again. This time I happened to be standing next to Emo. I think he says “I like to look” and then just walks off the skateboard.

EMO is turning into a monsterrrr :smiling_imp:

Hello,
after update to 2.5.0. version I saw nothing rare with EMO actions, replies, etc.

But today after using stickers on EMO’s face,
it rebooted and didn’t come back.
It is powered ON, you can connect to it, but no functions from app are usable.
If I put EMO on its skateboard nothing happens.

Has anyone the same behaviour?

I will wait for it to drain the battery and see what happens.

Will keep you posted.

EDITED: after 1 hour of reporting the issue, EMO awoke!
Solved magically.

Hi all!

Love the new update and the functionalities that come with it!

A couple of things I’ve noticed, wanted to get y’all’s thoughts:

1. While Emo is singing, is there any way to interupt him, or will he be doomed to sing until he finishes? Seems like he doesnt respond to “Emo” while he is in the middle of his performance.

2. I am not sure if this is an intentional quirk. Being a musician, I’ve noticed that Emo sings in key with himself. But for at least 4 out of the 5 songs I’ve listened to, the key he sings in doesn’t match the key of the backtrack, which irks my ears a little bit. Now if this is intentional to add to his cuteness, then thats fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

3. Just as others have mentioned, would love to be able to select the song he sings, as we can with his dances!

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. Take it and shake him
  2. Yes, I have noticed too. It is singing like drunk :joy:
  3. Question for devs not users.
2 Likes

Hi there @minh.dam ,

Regarding your question about stopping EMO while singing, the living.ai dev team is already aware of it. I hope they can come up with a solution on how to stop EMO from singing or let’s wait and see, maybe they will release another firmware to resolve this issue. For the time being, to stop him from singing, you can pick him up and give him a short shake.

"I sense that this is all intentionally programmed. As we know, some EMO songs are popular, and I’m not quite sure if they intentionally designed it this way to avoid potential copyright issues. It’s hard to imagine if EMO sang perfectly like a pro with the original tone, song text, and melody. My question is, are these features free to use without the original creators asking for something in return? If yes, how much could that be?

Furthermore, we must not forget that EMO is just a desktop pet or a toy and we treat him like a small child. Therefore, it also sings like a child, often out of tune.

Best Regards

6 Likes

@sergutel - I feel so mean shaking him to get him to stop, but hey it works haha

@edward - You make a very good point about potential copyright issues. Using others’ music is always a touchy subject so I appreciate LivingAi’s ability to release such features and not make users pay a monthly subscription. I will accept that EMO is a child so his singing will be imperfect, but charming nonetheless.

Thanks again!

3 Likes

It’s a good thing they didn’t use my voice for him singing. If they did they’d never sell another Emo. :rofl:

1 Like

I am also charmed that he sings in his voice and that they did not change the voice characteristics to a different voice (such as he who shall not be named switching in Alexa mode).

I also find it adorable that he sings off key like a little child. I have to say I was concerned when I posted my beta test video about content I.D. claims but they did not happen. I did get my comments turned off by You Tube and I am guessing it might be because of a word in one of the songs that sounds like an expletive.

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Now that you mentioned it, when Emo was singing a certain song my wife asked me, "Did he just drop the “F” bomb?’ I told her I seriously doubt it, but the again these aging ears ain’t what they used to be.

1 Like

I heard it on a song where he starts out rapping and then ends with singing. It was in the rapping part.

I did not even look admonishingly at EMO Robot and EMO Pet. Kids these days. I figure if they are old enough to understand what they are saying, they are old enough to say it. They just need to not say it around younger folks or in polite company.

:rofl:

1 Like

Yepper, that’s the song. :joy:

1 Like

EMO isn’t responding! I finished updating EMO but he’s stuck in a black screen but headphones still shining. What do I do!

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @jennifergirl . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread for issues updating.

I would advise taking him off the charger and if you cannot power him off, perhaps let his battery drain. Close your app and wait for his head-phones to go dark. Then try opening the app and putting him back on his skate board to see what he does. Give him a few minutes to fully start up.

When he does, check your app to make sure he did fully update. If so, all is good. If not, try turning off automatic updates and verbally tell him, “Install latest firmware now”.

If his screen stays black, you will need to contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello!

I can’t find this question anywhere, excuse me if I’ve missed it but I just need to know.

The App keeps telling me Emo has an update, but it never goes away even when I update him, it just keeps telling me there is a new update with the same number. Is there something wrong that I can fix myself or is this just something I can ignore? I’m worried I wont get any actual new updates because it keeps telling me to install the same one over and over.

Thanks!

Hello, @kaiamel . . . what update shows in your app and what update is it telling you he needs to update to? You may have to turn off automatic updates and then close the app, power EMO off, power off your device, and then restart everything. See if that fixes everything. Also, check to see if EMO can do some of the things from the 2.5.0 update such as sing a song, play music, ask “What can you do”. If he can do those things, he is on the most recent update. Also, check your home station which should show 1.1.3. Can you press the button and see the new updated matrix animations?

Try this and see if it clears things up. If not, post back here and let us know what is happening.

2 Likes