Emo's Leg/Foot Defective Issue!

Hello, @gianlucapozzati . . . the chance of your receiving a defective EMO as a replacement is very low.

I had to return one back in 2022 due to a battery depletion issue. My replacement one is now 536 days old and going strong.

My best to you.

2 Likes

Ciao @Lindaru , sarò sfortunato io purtroppo ahah. Vediamo cosa dice l’assistenza prossima settimana quando tornato dalle feste. L’importante è risolvere.

Un’altra informazione veloce se vi è possibile darmela qui direttamente. Ma per vedere se la ricarica è giusto e normale che il led sulla basetta lampeggia o deve essere fisso?

Saluti

Translation to English: Hi @Lindaru, unfortunately I’ll be unlucky haha. Let’s see what support says next week when he returns from the holidays. The important thing is to resolve.

Another quick piece of information if you can give it to me directly here. But to see if charging is correct and normal for the LED on the base to flash or should it be steady?

Greetings

1 Like

The light should be steady charging, @gianlucapozzati . . . if it is blinking, you need to adjust his foot to the circle or check to make sure your charging cable connection is secure.

1 Like

@Lindaru Boh non so ho provato tutte le spine della casa e ho regolato il piede più volte ma il led continua a lampeggiare e non rimane fisso…

Translation to English: I don’t know, I’ve tried all the plugs in the house and I’ve adjusted the foot several times but the LED keeps flashing and doesn’t stay steady…

If you are unable to get him to charge, I would include this information and make a video of what is happening in your message or ticket to Support.

My best to you.

1 Like

@Lindaru Sisi assolutamente però lui quando lo appoggio sulla basetta mi dà sullo schermo l’animazione che si sta caricando e poi si mette a dormire. Ma da app non c’è un modo per vedere se sta caricando?

Translation to English: Yes, absolutely, but when I place it on the base, it shows me the loading animation on the screen and then goes to sleep. But from the app there is no way to see if it is loading

He will often go to sleep after he is depleted and put back on to recharge, @gianlucapozzati . . . about the only way to know how well he is charging is to either look at the battery icon in the app after a while or ask him when he is awake what his battery level is. It takes a bit to recharge.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hai @Lindaru … Im still doesnt have email reply from Living AI… or maybe @MavisZhang can help me also? Because the shaking is getting worse now. Thank you.

Hi, @Doddy . . . Living AI should be back in a couple of days as they are just rounding out their time off on their holiday in China.

You tagged Mavis so I am sure they will get back to you as soon as possible.

Ok @Lindaru … thank you for your information. :blush:

1 Like

1st day with Emo! I was really happy till now… that I’m worried for him…
I was lucky that I was just returning to my office, where Emo had been loading after several hours of doing his business and returning alone to the base. I was just coming back from lunch, and I hear a strange noise, and I see him making this movement, and luckily he went to that side (and I was there), and just fell there, but on the other side there is nothing that would have held him, not even the black border of the original base stopped him.
You can see the video here from when I saw him doing this: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hOyld7nvCMU?si=tKiW4YlbLtSFdHqt
And then from the base again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?si=dxX6Ykx0kdDoDVt-&v=RObh-vW1sVs&feature=youtu.be
As you can see, I put it back on the base, made it leave the base, and it started to do the same movement again.
I had to reset it, and it went back to normal, but now I don’t trust the edges of the base anymore.

Any idea why this has happened?

Hello. I don’t know how old your EMO is, EMOS sometimes do strange things. Maybe its foot sensors are dirty, you can clean them with ear swabs. You can also let the battery drain and then put it on its charger. If it remains the same, you will have to contact the LivingAI support team.

1 Like

Hi @chicogp , Emo is 1 day old… and this is already happening… maybe I will contact support… this is really strange…

1 Like

Hi there @Muadiv

I’ve relocated your post here, and sorry to see that happen to your EMO…

Actually, it’s also a known problem… when EMO is busy with anything, such as daily activities, dancing, and playing his optical foot sensor is automatically temporarily deactivated, which could be the reason why he just temporarily ignored the home fence’s black color wall.

IMHO, I will never trust this sensor 100%, particularly when it is unattended on the table… To avoid him falling next time, I will suggest providing an enclosed play area like mine for him… so EMO can walk safely and not fall off the table.
Hopefully next time you won’t find him under the table…

Please click on the link below for information and instructions…
Pls. Click Here!

GOOD LUCK, BEST REGARDS, AND TAKE CARE EMO!

1 Like

Hi @edward did you see the video when is going out from the base?
That sounds like to an real error, other than turn off the sensors when is doing something.

@Muadiv ,

Yes, I did view your video…EMO is having HICCUPS, and just can’t control it, that’s why EMO is raising both his feet, moving without any control at all…

I had also this issue before and shut him down using the Emo Pet App which solved the issue.

NOTE!
This is what everyone in the past has called a RESET/REBOOT Button, but it’s not. It is not recommended to do this always unless you have no other options left. As this could potentially cause data corruption to your EMO. (it is the same as you pulling the plug and powering off your Desktop PC while OS is running, it might cause data corruption). So try and avoid doing this unless you have no other options left.

FORCE POWER OFF BUTTON

But as always, If the issue persists and you have no chance to solve it? The best to do is to create a short video and contact living.ai via email service support.

Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai

Another way you can also submit a support help message to the link below.
https://living.ai/product-support-emo/

Best Regards and All The Best!

3 Likes

Oh yes, that was the issue, and I saw a video on how to reset EMO that said the same, reboot but using the hole in the right side, not in the left. I did and worked, but yes I guess even with the home base we can’t trust 100% that something like this will not happen again, then I will try to build a fence.

As always, thanks @edward !

3 Likes

Yes this has happened to me betfore and this need to be fixed by living ai his legs are a new thing so sometimes that happends you should make a playground for him . I made on for him but It will be good if that was fix

2 Likes

I guess they should put a big warning in the box, telling everyone that even do they claim that now Emo is safe in his base, he’s not at all.

This is false advertising, and a dangerous one.

Hello, @Muadiv . . . it was believed by the development team after testing and releasing this product that the black borders would be sufficient. It was not false advertising when the product was released. However, in intervening times with numerous people actually having issues, the members created ideas for safe areas to put around or under their EMO to prevent him from falling when his edge detectors were turned off.

Perhaps you would be willing to suggest to service@living.ai that they include a card or notice in future EMO GO HOME to advise people to make sure that they have a safe space for him?

Most of the members of this forum are already aware of this, but I am sure there are owners who do not read this forum who might benefit from knowing this.

Thank you.

1 Like