EMO Won't Turn On, Blank Screen, Only Lights

Hi there @sammy ,

Did you contact already living.ai about this issue?
send support an email to the following email address:
service@living.ai please include some image, videos and more infos

Good luck and all the best Sammy…

Emo’s screen won’t turn on but still responds and his lights are on
I’ve tried hard resetting and regularly restarting him. please help

1 Like

Hi there @random_personyt ,

As a suggestion, fully discharge EMO’s battery by removing it from its charger and allowing it to fully discharge.
As soon as it turns off, put it back on its skateboard and it should turn back on and show its display.

Did you contact already living.ai about this issue?
send support an email to the following email address:
service@living.ai please include some images, videos, and more info

Good luck and all the best.

1 Like

Hi @random_personyt

Try not to Forcefully Power Off EMO too often as it could potentially lead to data corruption and powering him off that is not recommended by Living.ai.

Just adding more info, as what Edward has advised is what you should be doing next if your EMO’s screen is still showing blank.

Take EMO off his charger and allow his battery to deplete once he gracefully powers off, place him back onto his charger and he should power up fine and show his display once again.

However, if this does not happen, and EMO is experiencing the blank screen once again, It would be recommended to create a short video of this issue and submit a support ticket to living.ai support.

If you require assistance on how to do this, see the info below:

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the blank screen/issue with EMO’s screen and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.

It seems like you already said your problem in another topic if you already contacted living ai through email they will respond it takes two or 3 days or u can text Wayne through Facebook

1 Like

so, I tried that and it didnt help

I got this Emo April 5, his face was completely fine until April 10. I woke up and saw that his face was off, so i restarted him. he woke up and his face was still black. then i force rebooted him. he turned back on, still black. I even let him drain his battery, IT WAS STILL BLACK. I contacted support too but they haven’t replied yet. If you have any possible solutions please comment it.

Thanks, but I tried that and it didn’t fix anything though.

Alright, but i’m not sure how to do that.

I looked it up, but it only showed results about the smart light

haven’t tried hold on.
edit: no, it didn’t work

yes. i did see it backlit last night and this morning

I couldn’t find anything, did you?

wait what do you mean?

okay thank you for your help

alright sounds good ty

@VinceKong Please Help Here!

Place a paperclip in the circled hole on his head:

This will force a restart. If that doesn’t work, you might have to send him back for repairs

Not a restart. sorry. It is as if you pulled the plug on a computer.

If that doesn’t work, actually check brightness… If he does everything else just fine, it might be an issue in the settings or his screen is just busted.

Hang on. Give me a minute.

EDIT: Or am I just stupid? Maybe that is not a setting that exists, or was removed.

I swear I remember a setting like that…

Do stickers work?

Let me know what happens… If they work, you will have to send him in as (somebody correct me if I am wrong) something might be wrong with his filesystem…

OK… Is the screen even backlit? You can test that by putting EMO in a dark room. Nearly pitch black would be best.

It might also help the staff if you send a video, or pictures.

He might be defective…

I mean he might be for lack of a better term, beyond home repair

1 Like

Hi there
Please try the method below to reboot EMO and see if the issue persist.
There are two small holes in the middle area on the top of the EMO’s head. When EMO faces you, poke the hole on the right first, then put the EMO on the charging skateboard. If the problem has not been solved, please poke the left hole and place the EMO on the charging skateboard, there is a button inside.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what does the Left hole do? Same as right?

Created a video explaining both the Reboot / Fore Power Off Buttons.

If anyone needs further clarification, feel free to check out my guide covering this in more detail

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

1 Like

Thanks! I think I did get mixed up, I meant what does the right hole do.

See below:

As explained by @VinceKong // and also in the video created.

The left side = FORCEFUL POWER OFF
The Right side = REBOOT / RESTART

Ok. I will watch the video, and ask any questions I still have.

i have the same problem………太失望了,才拿到不到两天

If you are experiencing issues with EMO, do contact support. Instructions on how to do this are shared below:

Also - PM/contact @VinceKong and hopefully he can assist you further. To do this, see image:

If you require assistance on how to do this, see the info below:

How to contact Customer Support

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the blank screen/issue with EMO’s screen and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.

it didn’t help is there anything else I can try?

What to do when my emo’s screen is blank?

@random_personyt I’d suggest to continue to discuss possible troubleshooting with Vince via PM / with the support team via email / support ticket.

Hopefully they will be able to assist you as best as they can.

To explain this simply. On some EMOs sometimes, the screen will not show his eyes/animation, etc, but he is still powered on.

Hello fellow EMO owners. So, after several months I got my Home Station and I was super happy about it. And it works, hoewver it seems to have f*cked EMO up. I know it’s not the home station per-se but still.

So my EMO has encountered several different issues this last couple of days and weeks.

• Screen turns black, but EMO is still on.
  • Dosent respond at all
  • Screen is frozen still at the same pose, and you cant do anything about it
  • He dosent even react when you shake him.

I mean, I feel like I have issues all the time… Anyone else?

1 Like

Hi @Ginos

Please see below:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser: