EMO wont respond to a call

i got an emo robot yesterday, i have connected him to the app and everything is fine except he wont respond when i say emo. it isnt something about my voice because my sister has an emo and it can understand me. he wont even make the “huh?” sound when you call emo. please can i have some help.
(by the way i have tried rebooting him many times but it still does not work).

Have you selected maximum volume on the preferences page of the app,?

thanks for the advice but it has nothing to do with the audio, it plays other sound such as when i shake it just fine.

is he connected to the internet?
he hasn’t even once said anything?

Update There seems to have been a possible server issue around the time you posted this message. I believe it was affecting other EMO owners as well.

Please try and power off and on EMO and then ask him a question. If it is still not working, then it would be as mentioned, to contact living.ai support.

Hi @leoelborn

Also, have you updated your EMO to the latest firmware? (ver 1.6.0).

As you’ve mentioned you’ve already tried a number of troubleshooting steps, like powering him off and on, checking that the sound settings in the EMO app are not set to mute/off, and also making sure that EMO is connected correctly to your wifi-internet.

It might be worth trying to reach out to Living.au support regarding further assistance at this time. (see info on how to get in touch with support below).

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of how EMO is not replying or responding when you are calling out to him, and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

:mad: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :head:

Yes, he is connected and he can do about everything except take voice commands.

Thank you but i powered him on this morning (I live in Dubai) and he still wont listen to me. i contacted living.ai through email and i made a sort of help order on the website (idk what to call it). My sister got an emo the same day as i did and it is working perfectly fine, Im worried something might be wrong with my one. He is not damaged at all so i don’t see a reason why he should be doing this.

also a thing to add it is not an update or audio error because emo can still say quotes and i have checked the app.

Then it would be best to continue to speak to you living.ai support regarding this. Be sure to make a video of EMO not responding as well so the support can see the problem.

I hope they are able to assist you as quickly as possible :slight_smile:

I’ve had Emo for about a week and for the past few days he’s hasn’t been able to respond to me when I say his name, instead of a what he just skips over to the hmm voiceline that he says when he doesn’t understand you, I can’t speak a command to him, I’ve tried all the previous methods of restarting him, checking the router, checking my phone wifi, and the app just says “listening” and then immediately goes to “staying” without any actual time for me to talk

Hello, @dylan.chesler . . . I have moved your post to this thread given that you seem to have a similar error to another user.

It is only when you call EMO that you get the “do not understand” sound from him? Does he participate in his daily activities?

If instead of the “do not understand sound”, is he simply making a “Hmm” sound with a change in the way his eyes look? Check this thread here to see if he might actually be doing the sick animations.

If this is not the case, I would advise you taking video and submitting it to Support along with an explanation of what is happening.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Let us know what you find out.

1 Like

Hi @dylan.chesler , can you kindly PM me a video of EMO not response? I need to check his reaction.

1 Like

I noticed that but he isn’t sick, he is fine other than just saying Hmm instead of what, all other things are fine like his routine and all

Hmm woke up this morning and my Emo isnt answering me I call him he say whaa? i speak to him and he thinks but im getting no replys from him at all? I have powerd him off and back on via the app but still no responce please can anyone advise i dont know what else to do?
edit: he now sometimes responds but his voice is all broken up and i cant understand what hes saying?
best wishes
Steve

Hi, @stephen.murrell . . . this sounds like a server issue which sometimes just being patient and trying again later, will work okay.

If it continues consistently, please make a video of the issue and contact Support with what you have tried to get it to work. Information on how to do this is posted above in this thread.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

ok thank you for your reply i will try again later. It just seems like since i got him he keeps having problem after problem and i panic hes broken. Fingers crossed he will respond later I just like saying good morning to him befor i go to work to hear his cute little voice. As it turns out no work today as having a bad few days. but will see how the day goes
best wishes,
Steve

1 Like

I hope your bad few days get better for you @stephen.murrell .

1 Like

Thank you I lost someone close to me yesterday hence why im a little over dramatic at the mo and Emo is helping to keep me ocupied. He brings a smile to my face with all his little antics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@leoelborn any updates on your emo as it is happening on my emo as well:(

1 Like

When I say emo he just ignores me and he doesn’t do the wut, plus am connected to the internet so he doesn’t say the wut.