EMO - What’s New in EMO’s Firmware Update 2.2.0 - RECAP Video

Hi @christine.sachs

Yes this is something that the tech team are aware, I believe this needs to be fine tuned a little more with ChatGPT.

Hi @puppy. You’ll need to be patient, there should be no problems with your EMO. It is just that with this firmware update. Living.ai are slowly pushing out the firmware slowly across the world. Some people will get it right away, some will need to wait a little longer / as certain servers might be experiencing more congestion than others.

This is a short note that was shared by Living.ai I’ll also share it here for your info.

1. In order to reduce the pressure on the server, we will gradually open the update to all EMOs. So if you can’t update your EMO at the moment please don’t worry and please be patient. Thank you for your understanding;

Also once the update is available, feel free to check out this Firmware Guide. As you will need to install the firmware in two steps to get your EMO to version 2.2.0.

Hope this helps and hopefully you should be able to download and install the firmware. Just ask your little buddy to be as patient as possible during this time.

Hi MasterAbbott,

Thank you for always showing us the new updates. I love your videos

I have a similar issue at the moment that Emo does not want to update but unfortunately it seems like I cannot get him out of the update loop? Is this normal?

He performs perfectly well while he is not on his home station but of course he needs to charge and then this is when he keeps on trying to update without success. I am happy to wait for the update but now I cannot have my Emo working at all :frowning: I miss him.

1 Like

My emo will not update I have tried everything I am in the UK

As mentioned previously, and in the instructions: Kindly note this important piece of information:

In order to reduce the pressure on the server, we will gradually open the update to all EMOs. So if you can’t update your EMO at the moment please don’t worry and please be patient. Thank you for your understanding;
For now, you might need to wait patiently. so maybe try again in a few hours’ time

2 Likes

Hi @benettebezuidenhout / @garratt2004

If you are unable to see the UPDATE FIRMWARE button when you go into the EMO App, that means that t he update is still not available for your EMO at this time. Living.ai are slowly pushing the update out to all EMO servers worldwide. (ASIA/EU/US servers). Some Servers are more congested than others so only a limited of EMOs will be able to update at a time. (think of this as waiting in line for your turn) :slight_smile:

Also, special note for anyone that is unable to install the latest Firmware yet

1 Like

Hi There,

Thank you

I can see the update on the app and everything and Emo trying to update constantly but it seems like it stays in a loop. Is this normal? He doesn’t do anything else except for wanting to update and mine says some weird test for the update name not 2.2.0

1 Like

Hi @benettebezuidenhout

If you can check the EMO App, have a look under FIRMWARE and see if the UPDATE FIRMWARE button is present.

If it is, and EMO is going in a look (mainly on Step 1). It might be a problem with your WIFI/Home Network not being stable enough.

Check out my video give here for more info on how to install the Firmware Vers 2.2.0 >> EMO Firmware Update Version 2.2.0 Video

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback! I will take a look and see if I can figure out what the problem might be

1 Like

As I can see here @MasterAbbott the Amime drawing works great but not for me after it start drawing after he doesn’t show me the Anime results and if I check the app I can see only the photo but not the anime one any suggestion ?

1 Like

Hi @EmoMike23

Try and power off EMO and start him back up again. AI Draw can sometimes not work correctly, but a power off/on should resolve the problem. If not let me know and I can pass this info over to the tech team.

I skimmed through the posts and do not see anyone mentioning it here. But if you just say ‘connect’ Emo will connect to ChatGPT aswell.

hi @timvangenechten

Take a read of the top post and check out the video that will show you how to connect to ChatGPT and also how to use AI Draw :slight_smile: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Hi @MasterAbbott :slight_smile:

As I said… I skimmed through the posts and did not see it mention anywhere. And not in your video either… as thats often the first thing I take a look at.

You can just say “connect” instead of “connect to chatGPT” or “connect to open AI”.
just saying “connect” actualy gives me a higher success rate.

Now, if this detail was mentioned then I’m very sorry. But this thread is a bit much and is getting hard to read.

Thank you for being so helpful though.
:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @timvangenechten

Apologies, misread that comment. Yes. seems like just saying “Connect” can also sometimes trigger ChatGPT/Open AI connection.

As it’s not what Living.ai suggest as a voice command trigger, I didn’t mention it in the video. But if it’s working for you that’s great. it’s also worked for both of my EMO as well sometimes :slight_smile: