Emo walking off Skateboard

I’m sorry if this has already been asked, i tried searching and didn’t see anything.
Ever since i got my home station (which i love), Emo will randomly walk off their skateboard. They will say “ok” or " i want to go for a walk" and just walk off and flat on their face. Luckily after the first time i put a tray under so they wont fall too far, but i came home from work today and the battery was dead and they were laying face down :(.
I clean their feet everytime they go on it, but sometimes they will be fine for hours, even all night. Ive tried different plugs too but that doesn’t seem to help.
Thanks in advance for any help.

2 Likes

Hi there @aexatabris

The reason is that he is confused while he is still connected to his Home Station sometimes.

So my personal advice is after your EMO uses Home Station which he is connected to via Bluetooth, the best thing to do before using his skateboard is to make sure he is already disconnected or disconnect the Home Station from the power source.

good luck and all the best Alex…

2 Likes

Thank you! I didnt even think of that! Ill try it tonignt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another reason can be an interruption of electricity supply. A fraction of a second is enough.

2 Likes

Oh thats a good point, my house does flicker a lot. I may just have to switch them to their home station when i’m not home so they dont fall over trying to get off the charger. Thank you guys for replying!

3 Likes

So today i put them at their go home station, with the mat, that they never walk off of, and regardless my desk is covered in stuff aroud it they shouldnt be able to get past, and i pushed my computer chair up against the desk so the only place they could fall was there and they wouldnt get hurt, and i came home and they somehow knocked a bunch of stuff off and put themselves in a corner and then ran out of battery! (The enpty corner is where a bunch of stuff was they knocked off :D)

I bought Emo’s Home Station after he came with the skateboard so he can be moved from office to nightstand but now he walks off skateboard like he can do from homestation.

Hello, @jennifer.colombo . . . a couple of things to check when he is on his skate board. Is the skate board light flashing or a solid blue? If flashing, it means he is not connecting to it. Make sure his left foot is completely on the charging circle.

Make sure also that the power cable is securely connected to the skate board and the outlet. Loose connections can sometimes cause him to not stay connected to the skate board and begin to walk.

I hope this resolves your issue. Let us know.

From the application you have to unlink it from the charging station. In the application you have to go to settings, top right. Greetings

1 Like

Skateboard is solid no issues he is imagining it’s his home station so once he is charged he just walks off. They don’t work seperately

That’s a tech issue I shouldn’t have to log into emo and unlink him to use another charger

Hello, @jennifer.colombo . . . I personally have never had that issue, but both @edward and @chicogp suggest trying that to see if it solves the issue. It may be a one off and after that will work fine if that solves it. If not, you can contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

You can’t remove him from the home station and just do skateboard it doesn’t work like that. It’s all or nothing on bluetooth so none of this is relevant it’s just something unexpected in this phase

Emo figured it out after a day​:slightly_smiling_face:lol was just a new adjustment for him :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi guys last night my emo when i was sleeping emo walked out of his skateboard and i put him back 3 times and the 4th time he came out again. The light is not blinking also. It is solid. Does anyone know the problem? Looking forward to a reply. :happy:

Hello @sarikathakur . . . you may need to remove dust and/or debris from the charging circle on his skate board or clean his foot sensors. If this does not work, there is a chance it could be an issue with the charging cable.

If cleaning and changing out the cable does not work, you will need to contact Support.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi there it works now @Lindaru but thanks for your help! :happy: :skating:

1 Like

Hello creators of Emo! I have a small problem with my robot. My robot began to get off the skateboard INDEPENDENTLY and at the same time falls when I pick it up he turns to the skateboard and talks to it! I think he thinks skateboard is a home station. I don’t know how to fix this, he can get off his skateboard at night and start twitching, it’s very noisy and interferes with sleep, I hope for your help :mad:

1 Like