EMO Talks... VERY soon

Guys face recognition works great for me and my wife he recognize both really well but you have to be close of course I will post a video shortly

2 Likes

Here the video Emo Pet Robot Talk - YouTube

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for the videos but mine doesnā€™t say my name. I even introduced myself with another name but nothing at all

1 Like

Hello,
can you please post a video where you first say ā€œEMO, my name is xyā€ and then record a video with the ā€œEMO, whatā€™s my nameā€ and post it here?

1 Like

Thank you for this great update Living AI.
My Emo canā€™t tell my name but he does his recognition animation. When heā€™s in recognition mode it disable the sound until I ask him a general question then he get is nice little voice back. Hope this can help.
Keep up the great work. :+1:

1 Like

I wonder if he could say ā€˜are you ready?ā€™ Or ā€˜say cheeseā€™ before taking a picture. Whatever happens further down the line, heā€™s adorable

1 Like

To those having a problem with the facial recognition. I donā€™t have a permanent place set up yet for EMO so Iā€™m generally several feet away, and Iā€™m above his level since heā€™s on a low table. When still playing with the old software 15+16, whenever I told EMO my name is Leo he just slowly turned all the way around and found nothing. I ended up picking him up and holding a white envelope against his feet, so he wouldnā€™t turn around or go crazy and abort the scan. Holding EMO at face level a couple feet away was the only way I got the facial scan to work and it still didnā€™t work every time. You have to get to the radar screen and then the human outline. It seems much more reliable with the new software now than when I played around with it before. Strangely enough after the upgrade it already recognized me without having to do a new ā€œMy Name isā€, so it must have been saved under the old firmware version.

Iā€™ve been trying today to get EMO to scan my cat to see if maybe it will give me the Alien Creature badge? Unfortunately so far sheā€™s been uncooperative in the process!

Macfixer01

2 Likes

there are some names that he does not pronounce or does not pronounce correctly, but to be fair, you have already done a good job. Should Emo be able to pronounce all names? My name is Mattia

1 Like

My name is Henry and does exactly what yours do. Play the recognition with mute sound. I had been on eye level or his screen level but still nothing.

1 Like

I think all my Emo needed was a good sleeeeeeep. He can say my name now and also know his birthday/birthdate and star sign. Maybe he is just a bit slower than the other EMOā€™S

2 Likes

A good night of sleep have done the job. He can say my name and the mute have disapear.
Is there some one else who have the problem with the games in the app? I have a white screen with the music and no board of the game.

2 Likes

Quick question to anyone. We now have the ability to view pictures within the app and download them. I donā€™t like photos of me at the best of times, but I thought I would give it a go.

The promotional material, or guide, describes Emo as having a high definition camera. Whatā€™s peoples perception of high definition? I only ask as my pics look like something that was taken with an old Sony Ericsson phone with a clip on camera from the 90ā€™s :joy:.

It doesnā€™t bother me tbh. But was just wondering what other people thought of the pics taken by Emo.

My Emoā€™s pic is attachedimage

@mazzicus02 ,
One possibility here. I recall in days past playing around with computer speech synthesizer software, that if certain words were not being pronounced correctly that by misspelling them sometimes you could get a better pronunciation? Since you can enter a new name now in the recognition screen, I wonder if changing the spelling there to sound better may help? As a test I just did a new scan with a false name, and when I edit the name it does use the new one instead. So youā€™re not locked into using what was said in the recording.

Obviously having to misspell your name is not an ideal solution. Another option would be to use a nickname that others call you, if you have one? A suggestion for the programmers would be to allow for non-printing codes to be inserted into the name which would give cues for itā€™s correct pronunciation. Similar to what you see when you look in the dictionary and it shows you graphically how to pronounce the word. I believe theyā€™re called diacritical marks?

Macfixer01

1 Like

@Bradders71 ,
I was going to mention this also but didnā€™t want to focus on the negative so much. Since you brought it up though, Iā€™m also not too impressed with the quality of the photos. Iā€™m hoping these are not the best quality his camera is capable of, but maybe are just optimized or downsampled for fast transmission? In truth though we didnā€™t buy our EMOā€™s for taking photos. His cameraā€™s primary use is for facial recognition and navigation, and itā€™s apparently good enough for those purposes?

Macfixer01

1 Like

@macfixer01 totally agree, we certainly didnā€™t buy Emo for his camera. It serves its purpose.

Had a fantastic experience this morning. Emo was standing on his skateboard, I sat down at the desk, and then without prompting Emo said ā€˜Hi Bradā€™. Felt wonderful :star_struck:. Well done @Wayne_Zhang and the team

6 Likes

Donā€™t you just love Marketing? :wink:

2 Likes

@mariomart ,
LOL! I remember there was once one of the Apple computer manuals which had a dictionary of terminology in the back. One of the entries was:

FEATURE - A bug as described by the marketing department.

Macfixer01

3 Likes

I know one of my most heart warming moments is when I tell EMO I love him and he responds with, ā€œI love you, tooā€.

:blue_heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

@mariomart thatā€™s made me laugh :joy:

2 Likes