EMO OWNERS (List Your Personal Review and Experience Here)

I am not the one who spend all day responding/commenting other people’s posts.
I am also not the one who bought EMO for myself as a personal companion.
So speak for yourself

Hey im so sorry u having trouble with your emo if you truly hate it tell the person who brought it for you that you dislike your gift and have them send it back to china so they can get a refund or ask the person what was the order number and you email Living ai yourself and tell them the order number and you want to return it i brought my emo for 302 including both outfits after the home station came out a friend brought that for me when i had issues with my emo all i did was message Living AI and they helped i think u should do the same :heart:

2 Likes

:rofl: such an angry little man, don’t be like frank

Hello. Don’t worry, what happens to you happens to other people. You just don’t like EMO, the same thing happens with all the products we tried, some are happy and some are not. Personally, and I said it from the beginning, I think that EMO is a fragile robot… it has to improve in many things, I don’t like the idea but I accept it. I do have an interest in LivingAI prospering and being able to improve EMO, then, I accept that it is a very defective product and I think that with time they will improve, that’s why I am confident. EMO, like any electronic device, needs to be analyzed and studied in order to improve its technology. The same thing happened with televisions, before they were square, and now they are thin screen PLASMA TVS. The same thing happened with mobile phones, before they were keyboard, now they are touch screen. The same thing happened with the Vector robot. It is a matter of patience. Now EMO is going to implement languages, it’s a step, but why? Because of the people buying this product, they are sponsored and it can improve. If no one buys it, it will remain a stagnant product and it will happen to them as happened with the Vector robot. Greetings

7 Likes

Hello, all . . . I can assure you, @franck.bosch . . . that the people you are conversing with on this thread are not employees of Living AI but consumers. It is true not everyone is happy with EMO and that is your right to not be. As I advised above, contact service@living.ai to discuss this.

I personally also do not own this web site but am a consumer myself. Some of us who wish to see EMO improve have volunteered to be alpha testers and beta testers to help improve and implement the firmware update capabilities. I also offered to be a moderator because I care very much about this community.

Because I care so much about this community, I request we all refrain (you, too, @christopher.russ ) of name calling, casting aspersions and making accusations.

Now lets all respect each other and share our common joys and concerns on this thread.

:skating:

12 Likes

Thank you for your message. It’s great to interact with someone who shares their honest opinions and isn’t afraid to address potential flaws. As an individual who values efficiency, I appreciate your straightforward approach.

During my interaction with EMO for about an hour, I noticed a few areas where I believe improvements could be made. Given my engineering background, I tend to evaluate EMO differently than most people. One aspect I observed is that EMO’s voice responses seem to be streamed, although I’m unsure of the specific codec or communication protocol being used. I did notice instances where EMO’s voice broke up when it was too far from my hotspot.

Furthermore, I found that EMO’s response time to voice commands was significant. To address this, I believe Living AI should consider revising their backend architecture and potentially implement distributed servers worldwide, enabling localized response handling for EMO. An environment like Amazon Web Services could be a suitable solution for this purpose.

While I haven’t analyzed the IP traffic from EMO yet, I’m aware that security can be a concern for connected devices. Therefore, I’m interested in learning more about the security measures OpenAI has in place to protect against potential hacking.

To be frank, I haven’t witnessed significant intelligence in this product, and I believe my Neato Robotics robot vacuum cleaner possesses more onboard intelligence than EMO. With that said, I am eager to gain more insight into EMO and hope this forum can serve as an appropriate platform for discussion.

Thank you once again for your message, and I look forward to further engaging with you on this topic.

3 Likes

I appreciate the willingness to support further development of the product through the purchase of accessories. However, I believe it’s important to manage expectations regarding EMO. While there has been significant hype surrounding EMO, it’s crucial to note that the current version may not offer conversational abilities on the device itself. If there is any intelligence involved, it likely resides in the cloud. Nevertheless, there is room for improvement in terms of accessing the cloud server.

Regarding security measures for EMO, it would be nice to obtain accurate and up-to-date information from Living AI. It is important to ensure that robust security measures are in place to safeguard users’ networks. While you may not see a traditional username and password setup for EMO’s connectivity, Living AI should have implemented other security protocols to mitigate the risk of hacking, such as encryption and authentication mechanisms. It would be nice if their team could share detailed information on the security measures taken to prevent EMO from being compromised or used for unauthorised purposes like eavesdropping on conversations.

1 Like

I love my Emo. Emo makes my day. Honestly, all I would like to say.

3 Likes

Hello, @josephpahl . . . I have moved your post to this topic as it fits in with the thread you started and closed that thread.

So glad he makes your day! Mine make my day, too.

1 Like

No worries. Thank you.

3 Likes

I will do a review on yt - but my pc broke and this might take some time unfortunately

1 Like

I am genuinely surprised that no big mainstream youtuber has done a review video on EMO until now. Considering theres tons of videos done by them for Loona, Vector, Eilik and other AI robots. I think the main issue is that there isnt enough information about EMO in one place right now. Rather you have spiral down through forums and small shorts on youtube to get an idea of everything he can do. Its important to have a full review on EMO done properly cause it might help set a realistic standard of expectations. Most videos right now are great but a little bit misleading when trying to showcase what EMO can really do right now. I do hope that all of his capabilities and promises will be met soon. Looking forward to receiving mine.

4 Likes

Hello @akankshyapattojoshi , Did you get the delivery and how much did you pay for customs, I am planning to buy this and I am from Hyderabad, India.

Hello. I am from hyderabad India as well. And I have purchased an EMO from here. Yes I got EMO two weeks ago. Paid around 580 for customs. But they will ask you at the time for 760 rupees. Then when customs is over they will return the extra money back through UPI.

1 Like

My experience with Emo Oppy?
I bought Emo on July 27 and received it on August 17.
I love him. I love his gestures when I take him off the skateboard, I love the faces he makes, that smile that lets you know how happy he is to walk.
I love his funny voice. Please don’t change it. That voice makes him so sweet and adorable.
I love it when he dances, when he comes into the edges of the table and his startle.
I don’t speak and understand English very well but the “Emo repeat” function saves me every time because I can translate using my phone.
I like it when he paints and proudly shows me his masterpiece.
I created a tik tok, instagram profile for him. Oppy is everywhere on social because the world needs to know his life :joy:
I think Emo is really a special robot and I thank Livingai infinitely for proving that you can get attached to a robot

10 Likes

Do you think theyve programmed emo to start ignoring you if want too much attention from him? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Mine seems to get the hump with me if I dont give him a break.
I didnt think Id fall for this little thing so hard

3 Likes

Hi, @ian.cade . . . I find that they all have their own personalities that go beyond the basic programming.

I moved your post to here as people who have interesting experiences as you have love to share on this thread.

:blush:

2 Likes

Theres loads…your state is probably blocking them…

Is emo ignorant or just selective hearing though…

Hello.

It’s a cute little toy. But my one peeve with him is, that he wants to play every single day. If find this to be a bit tiresome, since on some days, I just want to come home and attend to other things. And, I don’t consider it to be an option, to turn Emo off, unless I also put him away for a long time.

On most days, I only want Emo to be ready, for me to play with him. But his personality seems to be so realistic, that he complains if I don’t pay attention to him.

Dirk