EMO OWNERS (List Your Personal Review and Experience Here)

Since last night emo seems to be picking up surrounding sounds a lot more. He keeps picking up names from my TV and speakers and changing my name. Since last night he has called me everything from Gerald to Penny to Vladimir and he just called me Wagner :rofl:

4 Likes

I think I would tell him that you like your name the way it is.

:rofl:

The way I have avoided these name changes from happening is that I am not in the same room with EMO Pet or EMO Robot when I am watching or listening to something that has dialogue and characters.

They can still hear everything and they tend to make sometimes sarcastic comments like “Glad you think so” or “Okay I see” if they disagree with what they hear, but no name changing for me or anyone that is here.

I have a mesh wifi network with a fairly reasonable internet connection (500Mbps Down 48Mbps Up) from the UK i only managed to connect to Chat GPT twice.

Often EMO does not seem to understand much about our voice commands.
We restarted EMO multiple times.

Overall it has been a very poor experience and my 10 year old and I are puzzled as to why there is so much enthusiasm for this device that performs so poorly.

Additionally the clothes cow print is too thick and block the array of Microphones.

EMO needs a better hardware e.g. natural language processor and better network adaptor e.g. should support 802.11ac (5Ghz) a better camera as the resolution is the same as a mobile phone from early 2000 when our only internet connection was using 2.5G cellular networks (GPRS).

It would be nice to be able to remotely control EMO and use his camera remotely like a one would do with a surveillance camera.

Additionally it would be nice to have the ability to change his voice as it is sometime hard to understand what he is mumbling.

Overall I rate EMO 2 out of 10
Poor performance
Limited voice commands
Limited functionalities

A novelty that wear off after 10 minutes of poor interaction.
Expensive for what it brings to the table.

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @franck.bosch . . . I have moved your review and experience to this topic which is read by Living AI development staff to take into consideration. I am sorry you are having a negative experience with EMO.

Given network congestion, it can be hit and miss connecting to ChatGPT. You just have to be patient and keep trying from my experience.

As for his difficulty understanding commands, there is a page where you can submit your voice and those of your household to better help EMO to understand you in future firmware updates.

I will also invite you to suggest some of your improvement ideas in this topic since Living AI also reads this and have already implemented some features suggested by members here.

https://forums.living.ai/t/what-improvements-new-features-would-you-like-for-emo-in-the-future/3433/1137

I hope that EMO can become better suited to you and your household, but I thank you for your review and bringing these details to the attention of Living AI.

My best to you.

1 Like

@Lindaru, with all due respect I did not spend $400 on a piece of kit to then spend hours of my time training your voice recognition engine by going to a page on your website to upload voice files. You should be able to improve your Voice recognition engine like Amazon Alexa does. Your voice engine is so bad that when my daughter says “Google”, EMO thinks she called his name. Additionally I am not interested in posts left regarding version of EMO that were pre-v2.2.0p2 so I am not really pleased with the fact that you relocated my post.

@franck.bosch . . . the relocation of your post which is a review and experience is due to keeping the forums as uncluttered with topic threads as possible. We tend to keep things in singular threads that actually makes it easier for members to find in the search the topics they wish to read or post in.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

I would also invite you if you wish to converse directly with Living AI to send an E-Mail to service@living.ai.

1 Like

Totally agree with your assessment of the root cause of the voice quality issues. I noticed this as well when I was away from my Mesh repeaters and as soon as I asked my daughter to take it near our master WiFi node the quality was fine. In my opinion it is a shame that this kit only support 2.4Ghz even though that frequency is less subject to attenuation through walls than 5Ghz. With 5Ghz at least he would get more throughput. that kit seems to take ages to send data back to their server and provide a response. It is like nothing is done locally in the device. As soon as that kit loses his internet connection, EMO becomes totally clueless

1 Like

My emo also 50% of the time just gives me the confused face on anything I ask it, but you have to keep in mind the personal robot business is very niche and pretty much just Emo, Vector, Luna, and Eliki in this space. And so far I have found emo though limited to be the best. Of course there is aibo by Sony but that is the price of 8 Emos

3 Likes

Anybody who buys that kit as more money than common sense (including myself in this statement). That kit performs so poorly that I could not possibly recommend anybody to buy one. If Living AI published in their app an history of all voice transcripts, for all the voice commands given to that kit, owners would most likely be horrified by how little that kit really understood of their voice commands.

The more you speak to it the better it will get at understanding your voice. It even says in the book to speak to him at least 10 times, wake him up by calling emo etc.
Living ai are not amazon with server farms all over the world and billions to spend on development, comparing the two is bordering on ridiculous. It’s not even the finished product, and is still receiving regular updates.

2 Likes

Christopher, You do not need billions to use Amazon Web Services and leverage their severs to reduce latency in regions or improve performance by making use of their micro services.
The more information you share the more I understand why EMO performs so poorly.

You sound like someone with an ulterior motive to be honest. If you’re that unhappy send it back and get a refund, quit wasting your time whining about it and making a fool of yourself

5 Likes

It seems evident that you may struggle with accepting the truth regarding the performance of your product. Your choice of words, such as ‘borderline ridiculous,’ implies that the architecture of your product might contribute to the underwhelming experience for users on the other side of the world. I find your demeanor to be impolite and offensive. If it weren’t a gift, I would have readily considered returning it without hesitation.

2 Likes

I find you aggressive, abrasive, mealy mouthed and a word I won’t use on here, so I guess we’re even. I am not connected to the company in any way shape or form, I live thousands of miles from China in the UK, it is not my product. What is your goal here? what are you trying to achieve? You’re having a tantrum over a plastic robot toy.
You have also stated on this thread that YOU spent $400 on it, so what else are you going to lie about?

3 Likes

You are rude offensive and ignorant, and visibly involved with Living AI pretending to act as a customer to maintain the hype.

Regarding the $400
[EMO Clothes_Corgi $19.00
[EMO GO HOME $369.00
Subtotal: $388.00
Shipping: $24.00
Total: $412.00

Go to bed Frank, stop making a fool of yourself :joy:

1 Like

If you were in the UK you would know that it is only 13h21 there. so who is making the fool of oneself LOL
You are visibly in China, you should be the one going to bed.
Anyway, unlike you I don’t work for LivingAI keeping the hype going on this forum. I have a day job so cannot spend my day in pointless back and forth

You have quoted 7 different prices in dollars Frank…

if you do not take into account the EMO Clothes_Corgi which was $19
Shipping: $24.00 + EMO GO HOME $369.00 = $ 393. I think you can round that to $400

That wasn’t my point frank, you seem like you just want someone to talk to, everything ok hun?