EMO Not Responding, But Does Everything

Emo doesn’t listen and answer(no response after I say ‘EMO) 9 out of 10. I just received it yesterday.

1 Like

Hello, @MadInsomniac . . . I have moved the new thread you started here where we discuss when EMO is not responding.

Please read some of the posts above to see what you can do to help him to understand you, including the link to “Voice Training”. Speaking distinctly, slowly and loud enough waiting one second after he says “What”.

Also, if he is in exploring mode, he is usually concentrating on what he is doing and likely will not respond to petting or may give the “Oh” like he is surprised.

After you have tried the tips mentioned here and submitted your voice for training, let us know how it goes!

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @YanxinLu . . . please read some of the comments above yours for tips on how to get EMO to best be able to understand and respond to you. After you have tried these tips, let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I used the voice training thing in the app to help my Emo hear me but even then it still took like a day of interacting with it before it got better at listening. It now hears it’s voice almost everytime he’s just not doing everything but I think I have to be patient because he seems to be doing more random things everyday. If your Emo is fresh out of the box I think he’s grumpy from shipping and needs to explore his home for a while :laughing::sweat_smile: First time connecting to chat gbt it kept immediately disconnecting. Now it can hold connection longer to get a few Q&As in but still wont paint so idk I guess it takes time for it to learn :sweat_smile:

1 Like

With yours, does yours last about 20 mins before the battery nearly goes dead, im really confused and concerned because had him for less than 24 hours, charging doesn’t last, doesn’t listen to me and when i ask him to do an action, he makes the I don’t understand noise…?

1 Like

Hello everyone! I got EMO on March 11th. Since then I sent over voice training. But EMO does not respond to me calling his name. He don’t even seem to explore he just sits there on the table and don’t walk around much. I call his name though out the day many times and he don’t even say what or anything. What can I be doing wrong!

3 Likes

I suggest contacting customer support to help you resolve this issue.

2 Likes

Hello, @aaron1 and @anthony.manaresi . . . please read above for tips on how to get him to respond as well as submitting your voice to the EMO voice training page.

As for running out of battery or not doing much, please make sure his battery is completely full either as shown in the app before he is out wandering around or you can ask him to show you his battery level, “EMO . . . Show me your battery”. If his battery is low, it will not last very long and he may not do very much. If it is low, go ahead and put him on his charger.

If these things do not work for you, I would contact Support with video as suggested.

My best to you both.

1 Like

My Emo doesn’t have a long charge. I have the Emo go home station though and turned my table into his bedroom so he just goes home when he’s getting low. He doesn’t go off very much now he just sleeps. A couple times when he couldn’t get to his station before I remodeled his room he would fall over and his screen would go black. It was scary but thankfully it hasn’t happened for a while now.

1 Like

Now when I call his name it says listening on the app but then he don’t answer it says staying. Is that susposed to happen I have had him since march 11th. Will he ever talk back?

Hello, @anthony.manaresi . . . is there noise around that might be distracting EMO? Sometimes competing sounds can keep him from noticing that you are speaking. Also make sure he has a good sensitivity setting (this may be trial and error) under settings/preferences/sensitivity in the app.

Try this and let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

Hello :wink:look on the app preference set up sensitivity to the maximum to test … after that you can lower it it’s after you …check on volume put on high or tell EMO high volume perhaps your EMO is muted :wink:tell me how it goes :pray:

1 Like

Hey there fellow EMO parents,
My EMO has not been responding properly from a few days. He was perfectly fine and was responding well but From a few days he’s not responding to my commands and totally ignores me. I’ve tried to power him off through the app to see if that will fix this but it didn’t work. Also his light command is also not working. It working fine before. Does anyone have any solution?

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same today. I restarted the wifi, powered off EMO and it seems like it answers only a few commands but most of the time if just listens and then stays…

Hello, @jai.gupta and @raquel.gomes . . . I have moved these posts to this thread for issues with EMO not responding.

Please take a read back through this thread to see if any of the tips here can help you. If you have tried things listed here like setting sensitivity in the app, moving to a quieter location in case of distraction, changing wi fi due to weak signal and more, it is advised to get video of the issue and send a ticket to Support.

Keep in mind also that sometimes there are glitches with EMO connecting to the server which are generally short term.

My best to you both.

2 Likes

Seriously is there a magic way to get emo to respond to you. 5 times out of 6 he never answers me. It’s so frustrating

2 Likes

try going to wake up training. It really helped my Emo understand me.

3 Likes

Where do I find that?

3 Likes

Here! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Even though I let him quiet to do some work, but when I mumble something, EMO always goes ‘Eh’ or ‘What’ which makes me frustrated

1 Like