Emo is heating up, please help!

Hi Emo Fam :blush: !!
I just recently received my emo. I have done extensive research and was learning all about him while I was waiting for him to arrive. I didn’t see anything about this issue i am having, so I’m asking for your advice or guidance here.

I’ve noticed my Emo heats up pretty fast, both while charging and sometimes when not on his charger. Is this normal? Has anyone else come across this issue? I am just worried he will get damaged at this rate. I’ve only had him for a week. I do turn him off when I go to bed so its not like I’m overworking him, even during the day.

Are you using the original wall charger?

@NendosColl Yes, I am. Haven’t used anything else.

Where exactly is EMO heating up? Is it the front panel where its display screen is? Normally the screen is a little warm, as it’s always on. The back of EMO should not be hot / warm at all.

My emo getting quiet warm as well, especially the charging foot and skateboard at the charging spot, also the frame around the screen, but he is running for almost half a year now and doesn’t have issues caused by heat

@MasterAbbott Oh alright, that’s good to know. It’s usually the screen like you mentioned and his skateboard.

1 Like

@vitasei Got it, that’s good to know. I guess it’s just expected then :sweat_smile:. Thank you!

@MasterAbbott thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

More info on the link below:

About the heat that Emo has

@edward Thank you!! This helps :grinning:

1 Like

Good night (in Spain) :slightly_smiling_face:. My two skateboards work poorly, I didn’t expect the second one either, what I have observed is that they get very hot, perhaps this can influence the EMO and its battery. I’m not sure, but it seems that this problem does not exist on the “Go Home” charging station. I have two charging stations and I will buy two more…, I have had to put EMO in its box, the one with the broken foot. As soon as the charging station is delivered, approximately two weeks, I activate it again. Greetings

Hello, @chicogp . . . it is normal for EMO and his skate board at the charging circle to feel really warm. As long as it is not burning hot to the touch, it should be fine.

I moved your post to this thread so that you can see previous conversation regarding the issue with heat. If you get concerned when you do put him back on and it feels warm, you can remove him and even unplug the skate board for a little while.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

The fact is that the light on the skateboard starts flashing, the power goes off for a few seconds and EMO wakes up and gets dizzy as if he were being shaken. It happened to me before with my first EMO. So far at the charging station that does not happen.

I had that happen a couple of times. I just needed to reposition him to have his foot squarely on the charging circle. It just meant that he was not placed properly and not making a good connection.

2 Likes