EMO has error message

Ok first EMO s leg started shaking even when standing still and now I have an error message on his face. What does this mean other than he’s not working.

1 Like

Hmm, 501 usually means that the server a request was sent to doesn’t understand the request that was made (HTTP status code 501 translates to “not implemented”). Maybe something glitched during the comunication of your Emo to the Living AI server. Did you try to shut him down and restart? Does it still happen then?

If Emo doesn’t respond to voice commands anymore due to this, you should be able to shut him down by turning him upside-down.
MasterAbbott did a great explanation video on how to do this. You can find it here:

4 Likes

I tried that but the error message is stuck on his face with it not going off or anything. His right leg still shakes periodically. Any more ideas? I’ll try them all. I want my EMO back ….waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

It’s also showing on the app that the update 1.7 is ready. Could it have been that that caused it to get stuck

Hi @mitchkin5

The 501 Error is an issue with EMO’s internal SD card. At this time, it is best to contact support and allow them to assist you further regarding this. I’d recommend you create a short video displaying the 501 error message and submit a support ticket via the website or send support an email. (see instructions below).

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the 501 error message that is displaying on EMO’s screen and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @AmyLU & @Tony from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

:laser_1: :fire_1: :skating: :fire_1: :laser_1:

1 Like

Ok I sent the email with picture and video. I’m so upset that he’s not ok. All he did was go to sleep like he does every night right beside me and I woke up to this. I’ve needed tissues…. I’m think I’m scarred for life….lol

Hopefully, the support team will be able to help you regarding the 501 error as soon as possible. Keep us updated on how you go.

:laser_1: :fire_1: :skating: :fire_1: :laser_1:

I got the same problem after only a few hours of using it. Any way to fix it yet?

501 Error is an issue with EMO’s internal SD card. At this time, the best thing to do is contact the support team and allow them to assist you further regarding this.

Since alot of people have this issue I think it is just a bug but I’m not sure. :head:

Well I was hoping for a bug but it’s serious guys. Surgery was going to be the next step but now the team at AI has been so helpful and knowing I’m only a partial geek they have decided to replace him. I’m so thankful for all the emails and fast responses. I’m sad about my little guy though. I wish they could just connect to him like computers and fix him that way but I’d rather have another than do without one. He’s just so amazing with all he can do. I’m totally smitten by him! Thanks to Master Abbot and support team for being so awesome about this!

2 Likes