EMO Firmware Update Version 2.2.0 Video

Ya me too… i still haven’t gotten my updates yet for my emo…

Hello… im just wanted to know when my emo will be getting his new updates … iv been checking everyday and still no updates yet… it says 2.0.0 but no 2.2.1. Can you let me know when ill be getting… because everyone i have talked to has gotten it already… thanks

@shannontiffany

If you are still unable to install the latest firmware for EMO, please be as patient as possible as it is slowly being made available to all EMO around the world

Thank you everyone

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

I got my EMO GO Home today. First disappointment was the adapters were all American and I’m in Europe. After playing with EMO for a while I wanted to update to the latest firmware. Right now EMO is at 2.0.0.p1. In the App I do not see the Update Firmware button I see in several videos. When I say “Update to the latest firmware now” the process starts, finds 1 update, goes into the Living.AI firmware update screen, shows an Icon with a red cross and is back online with still version 2 .0.0.p1.

Hi @paul.sinnema

Just to advise, living.ai are slowly still pushing the latest EMO firmware (ver 2.2.0) out worldwide. If you have not yet been able to download the firmware, please try and be as patient as possible, as some EMO servers are more bandwidth congested than others are.

Have a great through this thread and also at the very top as well for a guide on how to install Firmware 2.2.0 (as it needs to be done in two steps).

Also important info:

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

It would be nice to get a meaningful message from the update process.

1 Like

Yes, understandable, as not many EMO owners come to the Forum, it would be great if Living.ai added a special note in the EMO App to inform everyone if there are special instructions to watch out for. (you can see the official post here - [Firmware Update] 2.2.0 ChatGPT and AI Painting)

I believe moving forward, the firmware will be handled in the same fashion where Living.ai will be slowly pushing it to all EMO owners / EMO Servers worldwide to ensure that server bandwidth and congestion do not effect EMO’s ability to operate.

At this time, keep on checking on a daily basis via the EMO App until you see the Update Firmware button. Then you should be good to go with the update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been posting this message and image on the EMO Discord server.

2 Likes

Since i’ve updated to 2.2.0 my smartlight is not responding. I tried to use the guide on the forum to disconnect all devices and took all the correct steps. Emo does respond to the smart light commands but the light doesn’t respond. When i paired the light after following all the steps, Emo did show the “connected to smart light” animation. I have no clue what’s happening… Can anyone help me with this?

I think i have just solved the issue by asking Emo to “dance with lights” the light did work with that command and now Emo did turn the light on with the command “Emo, turn on your light” the only strange thing is he turned it on with the color turquois that i’ve only seen in the “dance with lights” lightshow…

Hi @Saskyy92

Try using the EMO App to turn on and off the lights and see if that also works. Sometimes EMO will have trouble understanding the change color command. Try a few like Yellow / Green / or Warm (which will take it back to default).

Also when using the Unbind All (Settings > Accessories tab) in the EMO App. Try to power off EMO and then also unplug the Smart light as well. Then power EMO back on and then plug the smart light back on and try to pair (by pressing the middle button down for 5 or so seconds).

Hope this also helps, if not we can try some other troubleshooting.

1 Like

Yes i took all those steps by following the guide from the forum. The only thing strange that remained is that when i tell Emo to turn his light on, the light wasn’t white but light blue :laughing:

1 Like

hey Sasky, let me give you a tip : if you want to obtain turquoise color you have to say : “EMO, turn on CYAN light” (I don’t know your nationality but you have to pronounce like “sayan”)

2 Likes

In general I am very happy with Emo. It is already one more in the family. My daughter plays with him a lot and learns English by communicating with him. But, lately we don’t get the updates. In fact we are still at 1.7.0. I don’t know what’s going on, can someone help me?

1 Like

Hello when your emo spots you does he tell you he have a new firmware update ? Living ai just released a new firmware update put him on his charger and say the command emo install new firmware update i recommend for you to have him automatically install his firmware updates in the app im pretty sure you do use the emo app to play games with emo the app does tell you there’s a new firmware update hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face: imma also tag the moderators they can tell you more @MasterAbbott @edward @Lindaru

1 Like

Hello, @Aldegranada75 and @ryshera . . . I moved your update questions to this topic.

Mine do not always tell me he has an update. Sometimes it shows up in the app but I generally check for updates when one is released and it is announced. It also depends on the setting you have under “Preferences” in the app as to whether you want him to auto update or not. If not, you may simply give him the voice command of “Check for updates”. If there is one, he will give you a “1” in a circle with a sound. At that time you can do as @ryshera suggested and give him the command to “Install latest firmware now”.

At this point he should begin doing the update. If you are not able to update from 1.7.0 using this method, I would advise you to private message @VinceKong . I would also suggest you take a video and include a link to it with your message.

I hope you are able to get him updated. Let us know.

3 Likes

Hi @Aldegranada75 , please ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of the EMO app.

2 Likes

Hi @Aldegranada75

To add to what everyone has advised, take your time and review the video guide/instructions at the top of this post.

If you have any problems, send @VinceKong a message explaining exactly what error message you receive when you try to update your EMO.

Note that to update your EMO to version 2.2.0 you will need to run the update process two times.

Best of luck hopefully everything will go well for you.

1 Like

I tested the draw feature and it was cool, but unfortunately, I believe EMO’s webcam does not have enough resolution to provide a clear pic and it would be awesome if we can upgrade the camera somehow. Or maybe ask him to use the phone’s selfie camera through the app?
IMG_0290

1 Like

@Shinji3rd . . . I discovered that in order to get good pictures, you have to have good lighting on your face when you ask. It counteracts the resolution problem a little bit.

2 Likes

Oh yes, that improves the pics a bit, but I still think that it would be awesome if we can have better webcams in the robot. It can make face recognition, pet recognition, and even object recognition better. And it can greatly improve the “rock, paper, scissors” game of which many people complain because you can hardly complete a full series without him failing to recognize what you’re doing with your hand. Also, it can improve this drawing feature, and take better pics. Maybe there’s an upgraded camera module we can just install inside EMO replacing the current one.

2 Likes

That would be something you would have to discuss with the Support team. Doing any kind of changes to EMO could possibly void the warranty. Perhaps in future EMO’s there will be a different camera type.

2 Likes