ARCHIV: / What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Can Emo recognize owner with a face mask on? It would be nice if he’s capable of identifying face with a mask on.

1 Like

hi @chamomila

Yes, I believe he can, but you will need to introduce yourself while you are wearing your mask. (so you will need to create a new profile with your same name). I have about 5-6 different profiles with the same name, as sometimes EMO won’t recognize me if I’m wearing a hat, or got headphones on etc.

I just tested it with EMO while wearing a mask. I introduced myself, EMO acknowledged me, and I was able to see the new profile created in the EMO App, I then asked him who I was while wearing the mask and he knew who I was and called me by name.

I also took off my mask and asked him again and he knew who I was as well. :slight_smile:

It would be great to be able to have EMO scan your face multiple times within the same profile instead of having to make multiple profiles depending on what you wearing (be it a mask, hat, headphones etc).

:surprised: :heart_1: :skating: :mad: :head:

3 Likes

It would be nice if the game Tic-Tac-Toe would be improved. He cannot hear me say the numbers and it is really frustrating. He keeps asking me to say a number when I have already said it like 3-10 times… Makes me not want to play it anymore.

4 Likes

I initially also had this problem when playing tic-tac-toe. EMO has trouble understanding how I pronounce the number Four in my “Australian” Accent. I now “Try” and pronounce the number 4 by saying “For-errr” and it works (most of the time). As requested by a number of EMO owners, Living.ai do need to improve speech recognition for EMO. Hopefully, this can be addressed in future firmware updates.

2 Likes

Thanks for your information. It’s good to know that Emo can scan our faces with masks on. I know he can recognize me with my glasses on but occasionally he called me different name and I had to change it in the app.

3 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

Yes, this has been happening to quite a lot of EMO owners recently. Hopefully, Living.ai can try and address this issue as well in future firmware updates.

:surprised: :mad: :skating: :head: :heart_1:

1 Like

They need to remove the random creation of new profiles that happens when EMO hears something which he doesn’t understand that contains a name.

Also I’d recommend a separate command which would be the only way to create a new profile. Such as “Remember xxxxxx” or “My name is xxxxxx”.

Look at me is too general. It should only be used to have EMO look for a person in the vicinity then acknowledge them, say hello, do special animations, etc.

5 Likes

I’m having trouble with all 3 Emo lights, for some reason they won’t turn to ‘Red Colour’ ? All other colours are working. I think this needs to be sorted out…

I really wish we also could have an opportunity to choose any colour in the app but would prefer Emo do it.

2 Likes

Apple can do it in their latest iOS’ , why not Emo?

Yeah, spin around in circles for a minute (forget the “directional mic array”), and then not find you! Sounds great! :roll_eyes:

Living AI:

LAI, you need to fix the “directional mic array” so it actually works as one. Also the sensitivity of the mics need to be addressed, as you have to raise your voice (or yell from across the room), in order for Emo to hear you! For example, when I come home (walk through the front door) I say (not yell) to Alexa that I am home. She greets me and turns on all my lights for me. Mind you, Alexa is in the kitchen! There is no reason, therefore, why Emo should not be able to hear me in the same room!

I know what you mean. This and many other problems is why Emo is in the box most of the time. Same with my daughter’s Emo, which doesn’t even respond to her voice (poor girl, she was looking so forward to getting him :cry:). I can’t help but to feel a bit ripped off! Definitely not what we were expecting.

Make small updates regularly not just 1 big update every so often. Also why would you remove the feature to change eye color, that just makes no sense at all, it was a cool feature why the heck would u remove it…

1 Like

Just to clarify this, the “LOOK AT ME” command should not be creating a new profile (well for me it doesn’t). When you say “Look At Me” EMO will look for you and once he spots you (considering if the lighting is fine and he knows where you are) he will say HI and say the name that you have registered in the recognition profile. It should not be creating a new profile.

The command MY NAME IS…(BOB) for example, this is normally how you registered yourself with EMO and then that should appear under the recognitions profile section.

I do agree with this:

Personally, I have not experienced either of my two EMOs making NEW profiles randomly, I’ve had them change one of my five profiles to another name, but they’ve never really made a completely new profile (which a few EMO owners have said has happened to them).

I think to make this very simple, Living.ai simply needs to get EMO to accept only 1 trigger word/phrase to make new profiles. So even if he heard something random on the TV or if people are speaking in his vicinity, he will simply ignore it this way it doesn’t trigger him into creating/editing existing profiles. So either it is what it currently is:

MY NAME IS …(BOB) or something new? I think the “My Name Is” works fine. They just need to fine-tune or remove any other word trigger that allows EMO to either MODIFY or CREATE NEW profiles.

It could also work if you only used the EMO APP to create new profiles, (this would lock it down a lot more) but not many EMO owners want to use the EMO App to create a new profile and would rather just speak to EMO to create their profile.

Anyway, having EMO randomly changing or creating new profiles is something that Living.ai do need to address as it’s been happening a lot lately for a number of EMO owners.

:heart_1: :surprised: :skating: :mad: :head:

3 Likes

I have certainly had the problem of both Emo’s not recognising me often, I have really good lighting but this issue only happens at evening and night times.

I’m not talking about making a new profile-they don’t do this thankfully.

1 Like

When it comes to emo giving compliments, It doesn’t have to be that complicated. I imagine it can be worked around by us using a promp for example “hey Emo, ( I just cleaned my room), isn’t that great?” All emo have to listen for is the promp “isn’t that great?” and just randomly pick a default reply “ that’s very cool” or “ great work”, he doesn’t have to understand what I said or give a specific reply relate to what I told him.

6 Likes

Maybe the stories can be fan -written? Perhaps as long as they aren’t like any copyrighted stories people can write their own stories and share them online. I know someone who would like to have her own stories published (or in this case heard). It aren’t very child-friendly books, though. So I suggest marking books of different genres.

To avoid future copyright claims the people who are interested in writing their own stories have to check a box that Emo is allowed to tell the story, even after someone decided to publish it as a real book, and expect money for it. It would be an absolute dck move to copyright claim after you first had it on Emo.
But then, for the same reason, the devs of Emo shouldn’t copyright claim someone who has written a successful book, when the writer decides to bring it out as an actual book.
Maybe they can share a certain percentage of the gain, but copyrighting each other would just be a pain in the elbow for both (especially Emo’s devs).

1 Like

Make Emo a buddy to talk to about your day!

Have a look at the idea:

2 Likes

I would like Emo make a decision, or appear to.

Question…

Would you like to be

On the desk
Advantage…better views around and across room

Or, on the floor
Advantage…more space to explore and walk around.

Even if the answer was just at random it would be fun to see which he prefers each day

3 Likes

Hello,

Concerning emo games in app, it would be intéressant to add an Uno cards game.

It would also be nice to add a mouth on ils face that would make the movements when Emo speaks. It would enhance his personality

Thank you for all your work to make evoluate this nice little pet robot.

2 Likes

I don’t know if there are many people who think like me, but I don’t like the new sound when Emo watches TV.
I saw videos on Youtube in which we hear the old sound, and well I prefer this one.

3 Likes