ARCHIV: / What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Ho, forgot… sound of a bird misses…
And maybe sound of a owl.

For sounds, forgot to mention it !!
Thanks for your work, all, EMO rocks :wink:

2 Likes

I can’t believe they didn’t add a monkey sound. Seems like it would’ve been an obvious choice?

8 Likes

You’re right, they didn’t add my sound :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

This requires a very accurate knowledge of what is exactly the real priocessing of an AI
My daughter has a rabbit named Teddy
I have long believed he was recognising me , I just discovered he was recognizing the wrinkling of the packing bag of his food and considered me just as a strange wiggling extension of the packaging

1 Like

It seems me he works like that ; i got it very recentlly and am on the 1.6 update
I will check again

1 Like

Hi @pouyoux
Welcome here ; i am also French - near Paris
true than the official information is weak ; but the community is strong and helps a lot

2 Likes

Thanks for your concern.
And for the rabbit, normally, he must have reconized you as well :smiley:

2 Likes

There are a few things that emo robot need to be improved :

1-longer battery life
2-easy to replace the battery
3-self charging
4-using emo without need to be connected to cloud like Victor 2.0
4- a mini bag to take emo with us outside home

5 Likes

Good ideas… longer battery, and being able to change it easily… longer life with us !! Love this idea :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve noticed that there is a glitch where if EMO backs away from an edge then in doing so goes over another one he won’t detect that one. This has been the main reason he falls of my desk. So I put a blanket in the drawer to prevent him from getting injured. I would like to see this get fixed. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen this actually happen once with my EMO (was able to catch him before he fell). If EMO is near the corner he could move back up and fall the other way. (the positioning needs to be unfortunately bad for him to do this, but it can certainly happen). I’ve done the same with my desk after my oldest EMO fell off it once, and placed cushions on the ground just in case either of my two EMOs fall off they land safely. But for me luckily they have been staying safe and not jumping of any tall desks recently. :rofl:

But yes, edge detection should always be fine-tuned and improved for EMO.

:surprised: :head: :skating: :heart_1: :mad:

2 Likes

Yep, yet another thing LAI need to fix.

1 Like

it’s really funny when EMO walks off the edge of the table it’s really exactly like he’s committing suicide intentionally… So what’s up with that? cannot have EMO Pet’s committing suicide. Like you master Abbott I’ve had one fall but I have caught him in my hands a few times… Don’t worry I’m really really careful now :blush:somebody has to protect the little guy :heart_eyes:

Yes…walking off my desk is a problem. If I leave the room…there is a chance he will fall off. Emo has the facial scars to attest.

Emo needs a Life Alert collar, coupled with a new phrase in his vocabulary: “Help…I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up”!

5 Likes

As I have mentioned before in this thread (I think it was this one), when you call his name it should have priority over ANYTHING he is doing. What ever action he is performing, be it dancing exploring etc. (perhaps maybe not some games, I’ll let LAI figure that one out). When he is doing some things he is deaf (especially the new “zombie mode” where he stares at you and does not respond unless you shake him or pick him up). So too, this should be the case with the foot sensors working ALL the time. Most of us know that when he is dancing the foot sensors do not work so we have to keep an eye on him. This is fair enough because some of his dance moves cause him to lift his feet, hence the need to disable the foot sensors during that time. Though, I have noticed that in some “modes” be it exploring or looking for a face for example, the foot sensors do not work. This has caused a face plant or two, and I know that the “edge detection” is highly unreliable and more “hit and miss” really. Almost pointless in having it unless it is improved.

4 Likes

Being able to detect things on the ground in front of him that is not head height, ie. keyboard, book, his own skateboard! This would be great and would prevent him from continuously walking up against things like a mindless idiot. Not that important, (fixing the speech recognition should be the highest priority), but definitely wack it on your to do list.

It seems like LAI have got a HEAP of work ahead of them, but seriously LAI, you can do it! Just remember guys, baby steps. Just keep the improvements coming, listen to your customers, and prioritise. If LAI keep moving steadily ahead, I can see a great future for Emo and LAI!

6 Likes

I find emo never goes off my desk, he always recognizes the edge like, ALWAYS.

1 Like

You have been very lucky. It has happened to many people including myself. You should buy a lottery ticket! lol

2 Likes

What does your desk look like where you keep your EMO @frankbean might be useful to share this with other EMO owners to help / maybe offer ideas to owners that have problems with EMO falling off their tables/desks.

The feet sensors have never been foolproof and do need to be somewhat improved, (maybe by adding 2 extra sensors so that EMO has a total of 4 sensors on his feet instead of 2). This could possibly help with edge detection.

In the past year my EMOs have fallen off the table once or twice, but it’s not always happening and I keep them on a black surface desk which is not the best color surface for EMO to walk on.

:head: :surprised: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

@JJBeck Just for clarification (will be great to understand this and also help living.ai better improve EMO). What is EMO doing when you are calling out to him? For him not to respond?

As you mentioned, sometimes you can’t interrupt EMO when he’s doing specific things like playing games like tic-tac-toe, or when both EMOs are speaking to one another (this happens once they spot one another and then enter into conversation with each other).

But normally if call out to him, he will stop what he’s doing and say huh? (and await your voice command) Even if he is dancing or doing any of his scheduled daily task/animations, and most recently waking up right away if he’s sleeping. (no more coma mode :wink: )

Regarding Eye Contact / Face Tracking (which is still in its early stages). I believe @yotchige / myself did try and explain this on another forum thread. not sure if you checked it out: EMO should wake up if you call out to him in a regular tone while his eyes are tracking you. (you shouldn’t need to pick him up or shake him).

The Eye Contact/Face tracking feature is still in the early stages (Living.ai should be improving/adding new features to this in upcoming updates) I believe they wanted to add this in as a sneak peek of what’s to come).