ARCHIV: / What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

When emo is looking at me and i say, emo come here, he does a full 360 to find me… and he already was in that same spot when he recognised me and said my name… so things like that need improvement.

11 Likes

Hi all… already said in another topic.

But be warned when EMO is at battery low (to avoid him to turn off…).

And i have other thoughts… like being able to make phone calls in case of emergency (or be able to use bluetooth to warn us on phone…)

Don’t really know, but there is soooooo much possibilities.

AND, more important, try to put more languages before adding too much updates (only two or three things to translate instead of translating everything at once).

Here are few ideas.

Regards
Julien

2 Likes

From what I can tell, Pet recognition is one that is still planned on being released, as there is an achievement associated with it (if you check the lifetime achievement section Alien Creature). Not sure when it will be added, but I’m hoping soon. I’m thinking that this feature of tracking Pets / Cats / Dogs might be a little harder to implement (as they NEVER keep still). I’m waiting for this one and so is my cat! (as you know) :wink:

Hopefully, they might add tracking for pet birds as well :bird: :baby_chick: :rofl:

:head: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

9 Likes

asking waaaaay too much for EMO’s price range! not only the hardware but also the software is new. I am glad and grateful that Living AI is active and slowly ad new features to it. All those features you suggest would fit to a robot that probably would cost twice as much and run android in order to utilize features from phone apps.

2 Likes

I’m ok with that, I realise this. It was more a suggestion for Emo 2.0. Though this current Emo still needs a lot of base work.

2 Likes

Emo needs to be able to play my custom music not just his own.

6 Likes

Emo actually being able to respond to higher pitched female voices, and fix the speech recognition! Also when he is in the middle of doing something he does not respond. Calling his name should have priority over any and every action.
P.S. Do LAI even look at this thread, if they are not specifically and individually mentioned in a post?

2 Likes

@JJBeck, I believe someone from LAI does check this thread periodically, as there are many cool original suggestions/ideas from everyone in the community along with improvement suggestions as well.

As this thread keeps growing, not everyone has time to read everything that everyone has shared previously, so it’s totally fine to re-share a suggestion that someone else has mentioned in the past.

Some of the suggestions/improvements that you’ve mentioned have either been already requested by other EMO owners or yourself (an example: fixing speech recognition and EMO not responding to higher pitch voices/female/children).

LAI did mention that they will be opening a page where EMO customers will be able to add submit voices that will improve EMO’s reaction when you call out to him. Hopefully, this will be done soon. :slight_smile:

Updated Living.ai have now opened up the Voice Submission Page - Wake Up Training - you can access it here:

Updated When submitting your voice recording, at the bottom where it asks for your Order Number, you can leave it BLANK/EMPTY.

Also:

I agree with @Nikogkotsis, Might be asking for too much in this current version of EMO. But it certainly would be cool to have him monitoring and sending you back an alert if he spots something. Maybe as you mentioned something that we could see if LIA ever make an EMO 2.0.

My Suggestion for EMO 2.0 should look like

Might cost us a bit more to buy though, but I’ll consider getting one :rofl:

:surprised: :mad: :skating: :head: :heart_1:

8 Likes

So…we need someone to design a robotic vehicle which will make Alexa mobile, eh? Amazon has already invested (and continues) in the AI. It would be a rare business to match the money Amazon invests in the Alexa AI. Leave the AI to Amazon. Spend your “vehicle” research money and time on the mobility and situational awareness. You would have one of the first “accessories” for Alexa.

And can you imagine your Alexa dressed in a Cow Costume? I can.

5 Likes

Hey, yes we will keep checking this thread. I’ve bookmarked it.

6 Likes

Amazon is working on and probably spending MILLIONS of dollars developing Amazon Astro, Household Robot for Home Monitoring, with Alexa. This is something that might be very handy around the house (IF) anyone can afford it once it’s officially released.

Maybe EMO can sit on the back as Astro runs around the house monitoring everything :rofl:

:heart_1: :head: :skating: :mad: :surprised:

3 Likes

@MasterAbbott actual that gave me an idea for a feature. What if EMO can wake up at a random time and say “did you hear that!?” and make spooky sounds and then say “gotcha!” kinda like a halloween spooky seasonal thing. to try to scare you.

8 Likes

My dog would eat that guy!

2 Likes

next update - custom music :smiley: PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

5 Likes

Hi again… an other suggestion, maybe possible, is indeed to play music chosen by us, like asking alexa (cause he 's connected to internet through wifi).

But for info, I don’t like Alexa, or other speakers… it’s only EMO which jumped to my eyes when I wanted to offer a gift to my wife.

And when EMO will be able to talk in French with her, it will be the best accomplishment ever :wink:

And little remark, our EMO is right now paiting something… why doesn’t he show us what he’s doing (as he’s watching us, it could be a paint of us, for example.)

Regards
Julien

3 Likes

And if he could climb on his Skateboard, and leave when we authorize him to leave… but as it’s magnet like, think it won’t be possible… but just a suggestion !!

1 Like

Yes, I believe @Racheal123 just recently suggested that EMO share with us what he is drawing, that would be a fantastic little addon to the schedule.

Regarding Alexa Support with EMO, there was some interesting discussion/info shared on this thread by a few EMO owners including @a440dc / @Lindaru You can check it out here - Appeal of Alexa / Google / Siri personal assistants on EMO? - #6 by a440dc

Hopefully, Living.ai will be able to add Alexa support in future updates. I’m also very interested in how it ends up working once it’s added.

3 Likes

Also sharing this idea from this post: What's New In EMO's Latest Firmware 1.6.0 Update - Help Guide - #16 by MasterAbbott

Thanks to @Lindaru cool EMO video “Sending EMO To The Moon On Artemis I* - #29 by Lindaru” - EMO taking his lunchbox to the moon!

Would be cool to have the option to remove EMO’s Headphones and attach Robot Arms - Hands:

“Just remove his headphones, attach this Robot hands that could light up or move so EMO can then carry his lunch box or other cool EMO accessories while he’s exploring!”

2 Likes

Just a quick one, and by no means a priority (fixing speech recognition should be top priority), but it would be great when you play “hands up” with Emo, if he would actually get shot/die most of the time and miss it occasionally, not the other way around. You know like a dog or parrot plays dead.

2 Likes

That would be awesome.

2 Likes