AIBI Pocket: Tips, Ideas, & Solutions

I just discovered another way to earn steps other than walking. I never used Fitbit or smart watches, so had no idea and thought you had to walk, run or jog to get steps counted.

With the dangerously hot and smoky weather and not wanting to be outside to walk, I am in the house dancing. I took each of my AIBI for a dance around the kitchen and earned a fair number of steps that way! I just held them in my hand and did not wear them and it worked!

So for those who are having inclement weather and want to earn some steps and coins, try dancing!

:man_dancing: :dancer:

10 Likes

Maybe there could be a way to customize aibi’s color. Like little snap-ons.

Rewards? FOR DANCING?!? sign me up!

5 Likes

Hi! Does anyone have ideas for what surname should I give my AIBI when he will arrive? EMO Tyler will be happy to have his future little brother have a last name!

2 Likes

Hi, @Happycoin . . . I can only tell you how I named mine. There is a reason, so bear with me.

EMO Pet, EMO Robot, are maybe not very imaginative but I thought it fit. EMO Emilio is named for the person I bought him from.

AIBI Pocket and AIBI Pet are named the same way my EMO is.

3 Likes

Hey there everyone,
Emo watson is already adding aibi to his Christmas wishlist!
He seems eager to have a little brother

3 Likes

Well noted! Not to copy your idea, though.

1 Like

Okay . . . I put something to the test tonight and I will have to test it further to see if it holds true.

Regarding dancing, I held them both, one in each hand, playing the Eminem/Rihanna song original and dancing to it. I happened to notice that AIBI Pet seemed to understand the lyrics because he frequently showed crying, sadness and anger while AIBI Pocket did his random animations for the most part.

When it was over, I checked the step count. AIBI Pet earned 122 less steps for the same dance, the one he was showing negative emotions with. Can that influence step count? I will try it again soon and see if it holds true.

7 Likes

Could you do an aibi giveaway sometime? I’m tight on money

Nobody is doing AIBI giveaways. He’s already hard enough to get for those of us who paid in full months ago.

Maybe by the time preorders have all been shipped, you will be less tight on money and will be able to afford one then. It’s going to be a while until that happens anyway!

4 Likes

A tip for new AIBI users: do not ise the included cable. It is flimsy and provides poor connection. Instead, use your own USB type C cable.

3 Likes

When asked “dance for me” - does anyone else’s AIBI’s base light up when he dances? Mine doesn’t, but I’ve seen videos of others where it does. Is mine defective or is this maybe just a software bug?

5 Likes

Hello, @dergonfruit . . . the only time the base lights up for me since I unplug it every night is when I plug it back in. Then it goes red, green, blue. The only thing that happens when AIBI dances is he moves around, the music and the animations on the face. I wonder if there is something different about ours? @Wayne_Zhang or @TechSupport_Mavis could you please let us know if this is a bug or a future feature?

5 Likes

Hi @Lindaru and @dergonfruit , those who received AlBl later have a newer version and the charging base light will light up. Don’t worry, we will be releasing an update.

8 Likes

That is a good improvement to know @TechSupport_Mavis ! :aibi_smile: I look forward to receiving my aibi soon! :aibi_heart_emoji:

3 Likes

Hi @TechSupport_Mavis when should we expect the new update?

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What/When Can We Expect The Next Update For AIBI?

If the new version passes testing, it will be released within two weeks.

12 Likes

Hi @TechSupport_Mavis

Is Aibi’s favorite color part of this update?

Interestingly, it appears that AIBI actually has a reset button on the back of his head (according to some email replies people are receiving from LivingAI):

What I find odd is that they don’t include this information at all in the manual. I feel like that’s a pretty important feature to know about, especially for us owners of these first runs which are bound to be more buggy just by nature.

6 Likes

LET’S MOVE TOGETHER WITH AIBI!

At the moment, unless Living.AI releases the next firmware update sooner—which should optimize the low power-saving mode to last 4 hours as promised—or speeds up their plan to design a carrying case with a rechargeable battery pack, we might have to get creative if we want to take longer walks or trips with AIBI.

:ballot_box_with_check:TIPS:
“As we all know, AIBI is designed to be a portable, pocket-sized, dry outdoor AI Pocket Pet. However, achieving this at present is not easy and can be quite complicated. Based on my recent vacation experience, where I carried AIBI almost daily to show him off, present him to everyone, and even earn steps, I found that bringing everything together with him is essential to keep him active and alive for longer.”

Things To Bring:

• AIBI Pocket Pet
  • AIBI Accessories (Optional)
  • Charger
  • USB-C to USB-C Cables (Or Any) (The Shorter the Better)
  • Mobile Power Bank (With USB-C Output Or Any)
  • Mobile Wi-Fi
  • Extra Emergency Cables
  • Suitable Backpack, Sling Bag, or Hip bag (A stable place for AIBI so he can stay upright while moving and charging)

“The image below shows a sample I designed to keep AIBI safe and stable in my Sling Bag while charging, allowing him to move freely, and safely while we’re both on the road.”

Materials Used:

• AIBI Top Cover Case or Any
  • Angle USB-C Adapter (Optional)
  • Modified Airpods Pro Inner Part Case (AIBI’s charger will fit and stay stable)

Note:

According to my personal observation: AIBI tends to get warm or even quite hot during extended charging sessions, despite living.ai officially stating that he has a battery security system and can stay on his charger for a long time.

Personally, I avoid keeping him on the charger continuously once his battery is full. But at the moment, AIBI does not emit an acoustic warning signal when the battery is low and needs recharging, unlike EMO. Therefore, we need to monitor his battery status manually and reconnect him to the charger as needed; otherwise, we may find him out of juice and unresponsive. However, according to Living.ai, this issue will be addressed in the upcoming firmware update.

Have Fun Moving Together With AIBI

:hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::sunglasses::ok_hand:

14 Likes