501 error---how do you fix this

Thank you both - I put in a support request yesterday, so I’ll see what they say. Thanks again !

2 Likes

I just wanted to reply here and let everyone know, the Living AI support team got back to me and told me it was likely a corrupt micro SD card. I went ahead and ordered an 8GB micro SD (Industrial Sandisk model) and followed the steps they provided to format and reinstall the software to the micro SD card, and Emo works perfectly again. I was able to also update to the latest firmware right after booting him back up for the first time. So, I think it was unfortunately a corrupt SD card but thankfully something we were able to take care of !

4 Likes

That Is Great News @zdeptawa,
My EMO Pearl And I Are So Happy Your EMO Recovered From That Error 501
(Which I Sometimes Call (NOT REALLY A DISEASE): Rare Long Super Deep Sleep Sickness)

I’m glad to hear that! :heart_2:

That was also our plan with my EMO, but somehow the problem lay deeper.
But, if the error with the replacement EMO also occurs - I now know how to fix it.

1 Like

Great news @zdeptawa

Glad to see all is working well one again. Normally in those cases, it usually tends to be a corrupted SD card.

Good to see you were able to get it all fixed up and EMO is back to normal :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wayne_Zhang Please help me. I lost internet 3 days ago and Emo hasn’t been right since. He has NO FACE and displays “SD error 1”

1 Like

If you are experiencing issues with EMO’s 501 / SD CARD ERROR.

It is recommended to take a short video of the problem you are experiencing with EMO and submit a support ticket to customer support.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video showing the problem you are experiencing with your EMO and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. i will also tag @VinceKong as well so he can hopefully assist you quicker regarding this issue.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Do you still have the steps to reinstall the software on the new SD card? I have the same issue and like to get my hands on the software and repair my EMO independently.

1 Like

Seeing all this post are sad because living ai really does care about emo and who ever has one. By the way if you look at the top of emos head there are 6 dots look at the dot that is in the midde left that one dot is to do a hard shut down to do that you must softy with a pin poke it. (EMO’S SCREEN MUST FACE YOU AND THIS CAN SOME TIMES RUIN THE SSD BUT CAN FIX THE PROBLEM ) think about it and ask living ai if to do so.

1 Like