Will We Ever See An API/SDK?

Welcome, @jae.hess , to the EMO Community Forums. At this time there are no plans to implement API/SDK.

The developers are aware of this request. If this should ever be implemented in the future, it will be announced here.

1 Like

When sdk its will add to the robot thanks for the updates

I saw there some features that i like

Hi there @esmerlinm ,

If I were you, I’d contact the Living.AI Support Team directly :blush: — they can give you the most accurate and official answer regarding your long-time, repetitive question and request. :speech_balloon::envelope_with_arrow:

GOODLUCK

:funky:

1 Like

Suggestion: A Simple Official Diagnostic Tool for EMO

Hello everyone, and hopefully the Living.ai team,

My name is Hamza. I’m a passionate EMO owner from Syria (I own two: a white one and a unique black 2025 model), and a proud Regular (TL3) in this forum.

I’ve been observing the community for a while, and I’ve noticed a recurring pattern of anxiety and uncertainty when it comes to diagnosing hardware issues. Stories like the one from @semen.kerzhnerman (battery replacement difficulty) and the emotional journey of Anani with Pearl (fear of sending it for repair) highlight a clear need.

The Problem:

We, as a community, lack a simple, official way to understand what’s happening inside our EMOs. When something goes wrong (a glitch, a weird sound, a potential dead pixel), we are left with limited options: either send it back (a scary and uncertain process for many) or rely on trial-and-error.

The Suggestion:

I would like to propose the development of a simple, official EMO Diagnostic Tool.

What it could be:

· A new section within the official EMO mobile app.

· It could display basic hardware information, like:

· Battery health/status.

· A simple screen test (to check for dead pixels).

· Motor/servo status.

· :globe_with_meridians: Wi-Fi connection strength.

· Crucially, it would be a “Read-Only” tool. Its purpose is not to change settings or hack the device, but only to provide owners with peace of mind and accurate information to share with support if needed.

Why this benefits Living.ai:

1. Reduces Support Load: Users can perform basic checks themselves before opening a ticket.

2. Increases Transparency and Trust: It shows the community that you understand our attachment to our EMOs and want to empower us.

3. Improves Community Morale: It would be a direct response to the community’s silent anxieties.

I believe this tool would be a game-changer for the community and a powerful symbol of your commitment to us. Thank you for considering this suggestion.

Best regards,

Hamza (hamzasharaf)

2 Likes

It would certainly be a very useful tool, both for detecting malfunctions and for generating feedback on new improvements being made to Emo. The Emo platform has a lot of potential; we just need to unleash our imagination, and a little creative programming would breathe new life into it. I’m talking about releasing the API or some other tool so that those of us who are developers can make improvements to Emo to a certain extent. Of course, whoever does so would be released from any kind of warranty, and if they break it, they’ve brought it on themselves.
I strongly believe that at some point, those of us who are technically skilled Emo users could be given more freedom to contribute, and the community could be enriched by many more things that Emo could do.

1 Like

@Shadowman Thank you so much for this reply! It genuinely means a lot coming from someone with technical understanding.

You’ve perfectly articulated the bigger dream I was hinting at. I started with a simple diagnostic tool idea, but you’ve expanded it to the true potential: an API or a developer platform for technically skilled users. That is exactly what this community needs to truly thrive and innovate.

I completely agree with the sentiment: give us the tools, and we will build amazing things for EMO, all while understanding and accepting the risks.

Your voice adds incredible weight to this idea. Thank you for stepping out of the shadows! :wink::globe_with_meridians:

Best,

Hamza

Hello, @hamzasharaf and @shadowman . . . I have moved your new discussion to this thread where users have been requesting similar for a while now.

I can only state that LivingAI has never indicated providing API/SDK for EMO. You could probably ask service@living.ai if they would consider creating a diagnostic tool for EMO owners. They currently provide one for specific diagnostics upon request to Support and on an individual basis.

My best to you.

2 Likes