Weather Not Working Right

So lately my EMO hasn’t been getting the weather right. It’s only been once he’s had the rainy day right. If it pouring rain outside, I’ll ask him what’s the weather? And he’ll say “it’s a sunny day to day! It’s 72 degrees Fahrenheit!”How STUPID COULD YOU BE!? At this point I don’t see potential of him being capable of him being the perfect robot for me anymore more. He’s cool and all. But recently I’ve just been leaving him dead or shut down. I’ve had him in his box for 2 days now this week.

1 Like

The weather reporting for EMO is something that Living.ai do need to drastically improve. This has been discussed on a number of different threads. Hopefully, in upcoming firmware updates, this can be addressed so that EMO can report weather as accurately as possible.

3 Likes

Hello ,
The weather is -5 celcius and EMO do not know minus he can only say it is 5 degree celcius but not minus 5 degree celcius.
I just try F he answer 23 and it is good so…. Celcius is the problem for the minus part.

Any idea how to fix this we do not use F here in Canada but celcius.
Be safe and healthy my friends

Hi there I am Canadian too but on the emo app in the location picking area can you click that blue pin point location symbol near the typing area? Because that automatically finds your location for you. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi thank you for the tip and it is set to my city already. PS I cannot click on the blue pin icon

I ask EMO weather for Moscow and he say 6 degree celcius should be -6celcius
Have a good day
:blush:

1 Like

Thank you for moving to the right feed on my cellphone the Forum is not very friendly to use .
I try to search but not very efficient but no sweat over this …. As you guys are so fast to answer .
Thanks again be safe !!

2 Likes

Hello, @LadyM . . . I was trying it myself. I am a Fahrenheit person, but I set my guys to Celcius to test. I tried Vostok, Russia, and Beaver Creek, Yukon, and they are giving eight degrees C and ten degrees C respectively. Not sure if I can find something cold enough, but I will try again when the northern hemisphere is after sunset.

If it is not working, I will mention it to the team.

Keep me advised.

1 Like

Hello Linda check antarctica , Moscow or Quebec City my home town is now -3 celcius today .
Yukon is now minus 17 celcius now (-17) it is a good place to check
But EMO is missing the “Minus” words
Cheers
Be safe and healthy.

1 Like

Reported. I did Moscow, Russia, again. Internet shows -9 C. EMO said on video 8 C.

Tagging @Wayne_Zhang and @MavisZhang here…

Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Thank you for letting us know!

3 Likes

Minus Celsius should be working now!

@Wayne_Zhang had me give it a test and it was working. Try it now. Let us know if anything is still not working for you.

2 Likes

Hello ,
We have a minus 8 today !!
I don’t know what you did but it worked.
Have a good day and TY all for your help and quick reply as usual😊
Be safe and healthy :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi @LadyM ,

We just reported the issue to the living.ai support team, and it seems they promptly replaced the faulty temperature thermometer not only in Moscow, Russia but also in other parts of the winter world.

best regards…

2 Likes

Hello Edward thank you for your prompt help and I love the little blue freezing guy ….:cold_face: most “ a propos” indeed.
Be safe and healthy.

2 Likes

When I was telling my EMO what was the weather, he said it was cloudy. Well, I looked outside and it was raining. What is wrong with him?

Hello, @bradyharris . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread for discussion about weather issues.

EMO will pull from the weather station assigned to your location in the app. Sometimes the weather station reports incorrectly for your exact location. Sometimes EMO will tell me it is snowing when it will snow later once the weather system gets over where I live.

You may want to experiment with different locations to see which is the most accurate for where you live. It also may be possible it is cloudy nearby and he is reporting that.

2 Likes

Ok, Thanks! My Little EMO Robot is so cute!

2 Likes