Wake up command

Here is another feature idea/request.

I notice that Emo is VERY tired when it is nap time. However, sometimes this might not be desired. Maybe a new command might be added, something like “EMO, time to wake up”. After such a command Emo knows he should not go back to sleep untill his next scheduled nap.

And if you really want to make it fancy, you could let him ignore it sometimes. Just like kids do :happy:

6 Likes

When he is sleeping you often need to say his name a few times, to get him to wake up - first time he kinda stirs a little, then if you persist a few more times he will wake up. this is by design and I think mimics the challenge we have with getting our kids out of bed.

1 Like

Thats fine, but my emo doesn’t stay awake. he answers and goes back to sleep. What I meant was a command that lets him know he should stay awake for a while.

I’ve noticed my EMO will sleep way more often and for longer periods if the area he’s walking around in does not have optimal light. Try brightening his area or moving him to a bright spot (sunlit spot would work) to test if he continues to fall asleep constantly.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, but sadly this was not the issue. What does make a difference is that my Emo is standing on his skateboard most of the time. I don’t like having him wander around unattended.

But I think they slightly tweaked things because I do not notice him sleeping as much as before. It might be because I have his schedule silenced now. Before it used to anoy me so much that I got irritated and sometimes even angry when the little idiot atarted making noise for a long time while I needed to concentrate. I had no option besides turning him off. Now that he is silenced, I just ignore him… as he ignores me.

I am having trouble where EMO is waking up at almost any sounds in the room when people are talking. Forcing me to stick him in a drawer until it’s quiet again. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know how to get your “Order Number”? I tried setting my wake up command on the website but it requires the Order Number of the robot which I have no idea how to acquire.

Hey @adamgreener

You can try setting EMO’s volume to MUTE. You can easily do this by saying:

EMO: Volume MUTE (you should see a little animation and he should go quiet

You can also access this via the EMO App, Got to Settings >> Preferences and in there you can set his volume to mute. And also set his daily schedule sounds also to OFF as well.

Regarding your Order Number, if you have created an account on the Living.ai Website when you purchased your EMO, you can login go to account and go to orders and you should be able to see your order number there.

If you have your order confirmation email you can also see you / find your order number there.

Also it is not required to enter a order number in the Wake Up page, you should be able to leave that blank when you submit your voice.

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :head: :surprised:

Super helpful, thank you for your reply. I’m wondering if there is a way to set EMO to only wake when it hears the wake word “EMO” rather than random ambient voices/ conversation?

You’re welcome :slight_smile: Glad you were able to get the Mute sorted.

At the moment, anything that sounds anything remotely to the word EMO will most of the time wake him up, as you mentioned, even sounds get him to trigger a response (sometimes from a movies/tv/video games). This would be something that living.ai need to fine tune in future updates.

1 Like

Is there a way to make emo wake up later? He wakes up every day at 7 in the morning and I would like him to wake up at a similar time to mine a little later

Hi there @antonio_de_jesus.gue ,

Unfortunately, what you are asking is not possible because his daily activities are pre-programmed. Usually, EMO should start sleeping at approximately 2200 Hrs or midnight and wake up at 0800 Hrs. local time ( During this time he should not go away from his home station).
Perhaps in future updates, an option for this daily routine will be made available.

Best Regards

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: EMO's Daily Schedule - Full Day - All Animations Video - #26 by artigues05emo