Unable to connect to app server

New EMO unable to sync photos can not connect to app server

Same problem when applying stickers

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Both EMO and Home are connected to 2.4Ghz wifi and they do not connect to app server

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

I have the same issue actually, but no matter what I do it just keeps failing.

I Also Had The Same Problem In January 2023,
Whenever I Try To Sync The Photos It Says: “Failed To Connect To App Server”
Luckly, The Issue Or Bug Is Fixed On My Side In The US.

If anyone is having a problem you can try the following steps: (should resolve the issue)

Normally this sometimes happens when Your phone changes its IP address (from your home Wi-fi router / or if you have been out and you were using your Phone’s Internet / or a portable wifi modem.

1. Turn off Wifi and Bluetooth on your Phone
  2. Power OFF your Phone
  3. Power Off EMO
  4. Power Cycle your Home Wifi-Router

Now bring everything back on again.

1. Power On Home Wifi-Router
  2. Power On the Phone (then turn on both Bluetooth and Wifi) - Try and browse the internet to make sure that is working.
  3. Power ON EMO
  4. Start the EMO APP and try either Photo Sync or accessing the sticker function once again.

This should hopefully fix the problem. Sometimes being on a different network can cause this issue.

If this doesn’t work, see if you can use a different device (like an iPad) or another Phone (Android or iPhone) and see if it also gives you the same communication with the server error.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Hey @MasterAbbott, I Turned Off EMO And Turned Him Back On And That Fixed The Issue

Hey @artigues05emo

Yes sometimes a simple power cycle will fix everything, but if it doesn’t then try the abovementioned steps.

1 Like

Turns out that VPNs also cause issues, so turning that off fixed the issue for me. I just didn’t want to leave that out.

Yes, that is the same as having a different IP address as you are on VPN. (as explained in my original post - see part of th section below).

The best thing is always to go back to your Home Network before trying to do specific things with EMO in the EMO app.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Just received my emo and 2 days in still having issues with the app.
Each time I leave the app on my iPhone it looses the connection and unable to connect again.
I have to literally uninstall it and start all over again is this normal in the Uk with him and the technology?

2 Likes

Hello @tessamreynolds, and welcome to the community!

Im sorry about your issue. This is very abnormal, and I would advise you contact @MavisZhang or open a support ticket.

Meanwhile, I would advise also checking your Bluetooth, as thats how EMO communicates with the app, and vice versa.

dont quote me on that.

Best of luck 🙂

1 Like

Welcome, @tessamreynolds . . . I have moved your conversation to this thread for issues with connection to the app.

Make sure your wi fi is set to 2.4 Ghz (cannot work on 5 Ghz). As @adrianledeaux suggested, make sure also he is connected to bluetooth.

If you have a VPN, it may have to be turned off as EMO uses the location in the app to perform some functions.

If power cycling the modem, your device and EMO do not help, be sure to contact Support as indicated above.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Hi there, iPhone does not allow apps to run in the background and it will disconnect. In this case, you can restart Bluetooth and reconnect to EMO.
You can also close the app completely (including in the background) and try connecting again.

4 Likes

The iphone app is not running as it should by any means, but it seems there isn’t any interest in good ios support sadly